Water misting pipes and pump

mallmagician

Hi,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced pump and pipes (preferably with installation) for water misting.

I only require 12metres piping with a mister every metre.

I just got a quote from a local company that wanted minimum of 22,000 to do it.

Maybe I'm not upto speed with the prices of such things, or maybe they are more technical than they appear, but that seems on the very high price side.

Ideally, id like to find somewhere to buy the stuff at a reasonable price, and it would be a bonus if they can also install it. I think perhaps the cost is in the quiet pump, but again, I don't really know.

Any tips? Leads? Numbers?

Thanks

Small shop on highway almost opposite Global entrance (maybe a tad west of) sells a Chinese import misting setup for ~15k incl pipe and nozzles. The same set-up as used on Talad Mae Hia food court. Compact and quiet. Only system I found at Kamthieng market was very much a DIY Thai bits an pieces home-made affair.

Arkansin at Muang Mai have a system also though I don't know details or price.

It serves both purposes, watering and cooling. Watering would use less pressure I guess. For cooling, higher pressures produce more fine mist which cool more efficiently.

Thanks to comments on here, I've been to various sellers, and learnt that the big cost is the pump itself. It's not a standard pump, it needs to be a special high pressure pump.

The prices of these pumps seem to range from 7,000baht for a weaker smaller capacity Chinese pump, to over 20,000 for a high capacity, strong, quiet pump.

I've ended up using Koolgreen on San Sai road, with a higher quality, strong quiet pump, but smaller capacity (I only need 12 nozzles), and in total, I have managed to get the system inclusive of installation and all the bits for 20,000. More than I wanted to pay, and more than I could have it done for, but it's a professional company with good materials, guarantees and servicing included.

• Like 1

Just make sure you keep your system clean. I've heard of people getting sick from unknowingly inhaling dirty water from these. Not saying there a bad idea, just make sure your not spraying dirty vapor as you will undoubtedly be inhaling some every time you pass.sick.gif

^

Hi mallmagician,

Checked google maps for Koolgreen San Sai road - no go.

Is that route 1001, and where exactly, please.

Hi. Yes it's the 1001. The section between sam yek market and tescos.

So as you head north from the market on the 1001, about maybe 1km up on your right, you will see a coffee shop, called something like coffee doi Chang by Anna. Something like that. Anyway, the Koolgreen shop is a couple of doors before that coffee shop. It has some big black fans on the front of the shop, but no visible signs saying Koolgreen.

Most misting systems have a filter unit in place so 'dirty' water isnt sprayed over everyone. The unit we have simply plugs into a tap that is then filtered prior to the pump boosting the pressure and a good mist out from the nozzles. I have noticed that you can now get plastic nozzles but not sure how effective they are. Sure to be cheaper then the brass ones but may not last as long? smile.png

I've asked for brass nozzles and didn't come across the plastic ones whilst looking but I've seen them online. In direct sunlight, I would think the plastic ones wouldn't last, but it depends on placement of your nozzles I guess.

Yes, there is a filter attached before the pump to remove particulate matter so as not to clog the misters. I don't think they'd clean the water much though. But the mains water I use to cook, shower, brush my teeth and I even drink it (filtered through a brita filter jug), so I think dirty water risk is minimal in my case, but again, it depends on peoples source.

Edited by mallmagician

I've asked for brass nozzles and didn't come across the plastic ones whilst looking but I've seen them online. In direct sunlight, I would think the plastic ones wouldn't last, but it depends on placement of your nozzles I guess.

Yes, there is a filter attached before the pump to remove particulate matter so as not to clog the misters. I don't think they'd clean the water much though. But the mains water I use to cook, shower, brush my teeth and I even drink it (filtered through a brita filter jug), so I think dirty water risk is minimal in my case, but again, it depends on peoples source.

Should be fine here. Just keep an eye on the filter...