SIM card stopped working.

My SIM phone card from 12call stopped working today. sad.png

Does anybody know where i can find a 12call shop (AIS) on Koh Samui?

I tried searching the forum but did not find the shop(s) location.

Edited by ikbenhet

Between Tesco's food hall (walk up the ramp and on the LHS) and Homepro

Thank you.

I will have a look tomorrow if they can fix the problem.

Try something simple 1st pull the sim card out and re try. If that doesn't work log in to web site at AIS and see if you can receive OTP via sms from them. If that fail's just call 1175 call center normally excellent service.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Try something simple 1st pull the sim card out and re try. If that doesn't work log in to web site at AIS and see if you can receive OTP via sms from them. If that fail's just call 1175 call center normally excellent service.

I am with you ikbenhet.

To me, something simple is

1 Walk into shop and say "Please fix this whilst I do my shopping at Tesco"

2 Go back and collect working phone. (Pay bill if there is one.)

• Like 2

Thank you.

Actually I did all of those and also changed the sim from the phone of my wife and vice versa with the same result.

I did not call the service number because I think they would not be able to help me with this.

But i will try just for fun and than go to the shop to get it fixed. biggrin.png

Edited by ikbenhet
  • Like 1

Thank you.

Actually I did all of those and also changed the sim from the phone of my wife and vice versa with the same result.

I did not call the service number because I think they would not be able to help me with this.

But i will try just for fun and than go to the shop to get it fixed. biggrin.png

AIS has some problems I believe, lately I have problems to get a signal when inside the house (before that was never an issue).....

AIS has some problems I believe, lately I have problems to get a signal when inside the house (before that was never an issue).....

I think that the whole island is struggling at the moment (at least at this end).

I have to continually switch between TOT and 3BB on the land lines for the internet.

AIS keeps dropping out on the internet package and so do phone calls.

True is not much better and I can forget Skype at the moment. Absolutely useless! (Both out from my computers and into my mobile.) beatdeadhorse.gif

Take it out and spit on it, wipe it on your T-shirt. Works for me...........smile.png

Also tried that and didn't work. sad.png

I also heard a theory that they disable some SIM cards so you come to the office and register the SIM (registration is needed to get your number back on the new SIM)

Its a bit strange that the phone sees the SIM but no network signal. I tried it in another phone with same result.

Edited by ikbenhet

Take it out and spit on it, wipe it on your T-shirt. Works for me...........smile.png

I also heard a theory that they disable some SIM cards so you come to the office and register the SIM (registration is needed to get your number back on the new SIM)

Its a bit strange that the phone sees the SIM but no network signal. I tried it in another phone with same result.

As I said, AIS has problems, at least in this neck of the woods (Bangrak), wife called and they admitted something is not right. Expect this to last at least another 2 month.

As I said, AIS has problems, at least in this neck of the woods (Bangrak), wife called and they admitted something is not right. Expect this to last at least another 2 month.

Alert! Due to AIS system maintenance, AIS bill payment service on SCB Easy Net will be temporarily unavailable on Friday, 7 February from 10.00 11.00 pm.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by Rooo
quotes

Deep joy sad.png

At least that might explain why my phone calls keep dropping out.

Thanks for the info SC.

Deep joy sad.png

At least that might explain why my phone calls keep dropping out.

Thanks for the info SC.

This following number is for a head guy from AIS in Surat but he control's the tech's on Samui and can sort your problem or tell you what's wrong give him a call very nice guy. 0818983334. Should add if you can tell him what tower your signal originates from he might tell there and then what's wrong.

Edited by John 1
  • Like 1

signal might seem weaker because the network is being moved to 2100mhz by default but there's a fallback to 900mhz in case there's something wrong.

actually you can set your phone to connect only to 2g signals(900mhz) to permanently solve this signal issue.

I've had this problem a few times with true move. You will need a new Sim card so go to the 12call shop in Tesco Lotus and they will replace your old SIM with a new one.

Yes they will replace your SIM.

After you show your passport or Thai driving license so they can copy your details into the system.

I went to the shop and they told me I had received many SMS about the upcoming upgrade of my SIM card.

When I told them i received no such SMS texts they then told me that I did. I responded of course with a firm: eh?...ok facepalm.gif

I asked why my wife, who bought the SIM at the same day, didn't needed to be upgraded.

At that moment her English language skills disappeared instantly...blink.pngclap2.gif

I did not bring my passport and the SIM could only be upgraded if I showed my passport so i went home again.

Next day i brought my passport and the SIM was 'upgraded' without a problem after copying my passport info into there system.

I do think it is just a trick to get you registered.

Edited by ikbenhet