World Cup Via Internet?

Ned

Someone mentioned that the World Cup will be available live online. Does anyone out there know if this is true? If it is , what site would I have to go to? Last World Cup on Thai tv was good with uninterrupted coverage......perhaps too good to be repeated. It'd be good to know there was an alternative.

Cheers

Streaming audio should be available. (least I caught qualifying matches via the net)

Hi Brit & Ned

There's a world cup thread on this topic.

Ned, last time did the Thai TV had English language commentary? beacause this time they won't.

Brit - what site did you get you audio stream from? I alway find that BBC blocks out sports commenatries on the net due to 'rights' problems. Not sure if this will affect the world cup though.

I'll repeat what I put in the World cup Forum:

I've just emailed BBC and they have advised that they will NOT be putting their radio commentaries on the internet.

I have also done an extensive Google, and it is pretty clear that no-one anywhere is putting live commentaries on the internet. They did last time round (2002) but not now. I bet its down to money and 'protecting the rights'. :o

However, we've still got a few options: :D

Listen in Thai

Turn the sound off

Find a hotel with the soundtrack

find a bar with an illegal transmission.

Fly back to England.

Maybe I'll go and buy myself a new dish and box :D