Bangkok: NSC blames Phan Fa Bridge violence on third party

webfact

the Ammart is VERY, VERY real and is well known to almost every Thai you talk to and they, dear poster, are behind Suthep's fascist crusade to save the Masters and enslave the people

LOL! Here we go again with the 'well known Ammarts' who can't even be named! Talk about conspiracy theorists! clap2.gif

Not very clever are you.

Next time you are out of Thailand and back in your Western country, borrow some books, have a good read. Books you cannot read or buy here.

Police were using live rounds at some stage, they were also being shot at by live fire. No point getting into a who did what when or first. Usual cop out refusal on both sides to accept they are both using deadly force at times... pathetic really and typical thainess pass the buck.

As for the Ammarts considering its restricted who can be named here its pretty stupid of people to pretend they dont exist. Ask any Thai if they exist or not you will only get one answer. coffee1.gif

As for the Ammarts considering its restricted who can be named here

Where does that come from? It's not in the rules. Seems people can post all day about every possible aspect of them, but to simply name even a half dozen is all of a sudden somehow restricted because of some non-existent, imagined restriction.

Doesn't make sense and its not consistent.

Edited by Davidhere

Where does that come from? It's not in the rules. Seems people can post all day about every possible aspect of them, but to simply name even a half dozen is all of a sudden somehow restricted because of some non-existent, imagined restriction.

Well. if you don't know about them it's because either you don't live here or you do and you didn't bother to learn much about Thailand, its history, politics or structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well. if you don't know about them it's because either you don't live here or you do and you didn't bother to learn much about Thailand, its history, politics or structure.

So name them. A half dozen or so would suffice.

Englishoak has mentioned why that is not possible. Either taken a hint or leave it be. Some things are taboo here in Thailand.

To actually give you a clear meaning and the relating history of these words and relationship to Thailand is difficult, as to do so in detail would break the rules here about discussing any topic to do with a certain restriction.

I will give no names but try to explain in terms that I have studied regarding the meaning.

Ammart is a word to describe status (kind of ), to understand its significance or meaning you must also understand the word Prai. Although Prai is a Thai word it is derived from a khumer word Prey, meaning wild.

These two words have existed since the old era of Angkor and the word Ammart traces to mandarin meaning high class rich and powerful and the ears and eye of the emperor either by blood or appointment its not exclusively in Thailand this word is used.

Prai : The original meaning of prai was “freemen”. But the meaning of the word had slightly altered as a result of the change in time and cultural context. During Ayuthaya period the word prai was used to describe “bondsmen” who were bonded to the masters. In this context Prai meaning someone who has no status

Ammart on the other hand, is sitting on the opposite side of prai. It is ammart or the aristocrat who clearly were the ones at the upper end of the society. Very often linked by bloodlines, In other words, ammart basically means the ones who are in decent economic, political, and social status, which are believed to be there only because of their privileges created by the ammart culture that enabled their access to wealth, education and other privilege opportunities.

This is a feudalist term if we try to equate it to say European understanding, you understand feudalism and its social relationships i assume. To complicate matters Some Ammarts are emerging or have emerged from being Prai, when they became Ammarts either through marriage or birth by a Prai as receptacle of an ammart as recognised offspring or appointment. As times and regimes or power have changed. Ammarts from old regimes or falling from grace have also become Prai. It swings the same as it did in the Feudalist times of Europe as bloodlines and associated supporters success rose and fell.

Prai would = serf

Ammart would = master

That is all i am prepared to say about the Ammart you can decide for yourself who it would or could refer to.

• Like 1

Englishoak has mentioned why that is not possible. Either taken a hint or leave it be. Some things are taboo here in Thailand.

The explanation makes no sense as I mentioned.

It's only made more odd that every aspect of them can be discussed, but "taboo" to mention names.

Oh well, makes for a convenient boogieman to assign all and sundry to a group, but something as fundamental as "who" is given a pass.

To actually give you a clear meaning and the relating history of these words and relationship to Thailand is difficult, as to do so in detail would break the rules here about discussing any topic to do with a certain restriction.

I will give no names but try to explain in terms that I have studied regarding the meaning.

Ammart is a word to describe status (kind of ), to understand its significance or meaning you must also understand the word Prai. Although Prai is a Thai word it is derived from a khumer word Prey, meaning wild.

These two words have existed since the old era of Angkor and the word Ammart traces to mandarin meaning high class rich and powerful and the ears and eye of the emperor either by blood or appointment its not exclusively in Thailand this word is used.

Prai : The original meaning of prai was “freemen”. But the meaning of the word had slightly altered as a result of the change in time and cultural context. During Ayuthaya period the word prai was used to describe “bondsmen” who were bonded to the masters. In this context Prai meaning someone who has no status

Ammart on the other hand, is sitting on the opposite side of prai. It is ammart or the aristocrat who clearly were the ones at the upper end of the society. Very often linked by bloodlines, In other words, ammart basically means the ones who are in decent economic, political, and social status, which are believed to be there only because of their privileges created by the ammart culture that enabled their access to wealth, education and other privilege opportunities.

This is a feudalist term if we try to equate it to say European understanding, you understand feudalism and its social relationships i assume. To complicate matters Some Ammarts are emerging or have emerged from being Prai, when they became Ammarts either through marriage or birth by a Prai as receptacle of an ammart as recognised offspring or appointment. As times and regimes or power have changed. Ammarts from old regimes or falling from grace have also become Prai. It swings the same as it did in the Feudalist times of Europe as bloodlines and associated supporters success rose and fell.

Prai would = serf

Ammart would = master

That is all i am prepared to say about the Ammart you can decide for yourself who it would or could refer to.

So once again, when asked who these people are, we get a long post of absolutely nothing. clap2.gif

In other words, ammart basically means the ones who are in decent economic, political, and social status

There is the inconsistency.

You cite a rule here that applies only to a very, very small finite number of people, yet allude to a description that encompasses far more people.

The rule here would not apply to this far greater number of people that you describe and thus there is no restriction to discussing them by name, yet fail to identify them, even though doing so would not infringe on the rule here.

As said, makes it very convenient to fawn off responsibility on unidentified people cloaked in false intrigue .

rolleyes.gif

Ah, the Ammart. Do they exist, do they not? Are they here, are they there, are they anywhere?

I could not possibly advise anyone to read the following book, although it might (or might not) be available in Thailand:
'Truth on trial in Thailand : defamation, treason, and lèse-majesté', by David Streckfuss (Routledge, 2011).
It could be true, as this book alleges, that there has been a massive increase in lèse-majesté cases in recent years in Thailand. It could be a lie. It could be neither. Unconfirmed reports, possibly.
Only the Ammart truly know.
For the Ammart are wise. They are good. And, what's more, they can be titled unto the 3rd generation (or is it the 5th?).
Trust the Ammart. They will help you, Frodo. They can be met and visited beyond the Black Mountains in the realm of the "Wollawolla" in a place we sometimes call "The Royal Bangkok Sports Club". Take the ring there, Frodo, and give it to the one they call "The Head Waiter". He will find you a "Table" near to the "Ammartissimo", the chosen one. Then you will be saved.
I always try to keep these things clear and unambiguous. However, all this is not coming from me, you understand. I just heard this from other people. I don't know this myself, I don't need lights to read things on airplanes because my eyesight is fine without that.
I'm glad all that is clear.
  • Like 2

In other words, ammart basically means the ones who are in decent economic, political, and social status

You cite a rule here that applies only to a very, very small finite number of people, yet allude to a description that encompasses far more people.

The rule here would not apply to this far greater number of people that you describe and thus there is no restriction to discussing them by name, yet fail to identify them, even though doing so would not infringe on the rule here.

As said, makes it very convenient to fawn off responsibility on unidentified people cloaked in false intrigue .

rolleyes.gif

"sigh" did i say it was a very small number ? did I say id give anything than a description of the term ?

You do understand European history do you not regarding feudalism ?

If you wish to have current names you will have to do your own due diligence and research. Really very easy as people keep giving books to read... if you cant be bothered then id suggest your just being lazy and not really interested :)

Your choice, go research or stay in ignorance its all the same to me.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

"sigh" did i say it was a very small number ? did I say id give anything than a description of the term ?

If you wish to have current names you will have to do your own due diligence and research. Really very easy as people keep giving books to read... if you cant be bothered then id suggest your just being lazy and not really interested :)

Your choice, go research or stay in ignorance its all the same to me.

You cited a rule here as to why you were restricted from naming them.

That rule applies but to a small handful of people.

Then you describe a group of people that could be applied to a much larger group than those for whom the cited rule applies to.

However, you won't name any from the much larger group because you cite a rule that doesn't apply to them.

Completely nonsensical answer finalized with calling others ignorant and lazy.

It's just as clear as the other obfuscating, nonsensical, nonanswers others have given to a very simple question.

Tilac 2 gave you more of a coherent answer but if you are too lazy to check it out then it's your problem.

You could ask any of your Thai friends, that's if you have any.

• Like 1

It's just as clear as the other obfuscating, nonsensical, nonanswers others have given to a very simple question.

I called you lazy yes for you are capable of doing your own research, ignorant no merely that lack of knowledge or information keeps you in a state of ignorance.

tilac2 has very kindly pointed the way it is up to you to do your own due diligence not I.

Go read and research or don't bother, you clearly do not understand the depth of a certain law, the system and its intricacies of interpretation and consequences here. I will not be drawn on the subject further for very good reason.

good day wai2.gif

• Like 1

I will not be drawn on the subject further for very good reason.

good day wai2.gif

Indeed, that's enough obfuscating non-answers to a simple straight forward question to last a day.

Given the alleged gravity that you purport to the issue, members should just report any post making any mention whatsoever to the group as it obviously violates a forum rule that doesn't exist.

Afterall, if simply naming them is forbidden (as you allege), then accusing of them of wrong-doing or assigning blame to them for some action is obviously a much more severe rule infraction.

:rolleyes:

Tilac 2 gave you more of a coherent answer but if you are too lazy to check it out then it's your problem.

You could ask any of your Thai friends, that's if you have any.

More uncalled for flaming from another poster without answers.

Anyway, the solution is clear.

As per previous post, any use whatsoever of the descriptive word is forbidden on the forum as it runs afoul of some rule or the other.

Sorted.