16 injured in blast near anti-govt protest in Bangkok

Lite Beer

As my wife and I were coming home about 6 pm, we were hearing on the street about the Big C Rajadamri bombing (or whatever it was).

Nothing official, but the Thais on the street seemed to be talking about one or two people having been killed, and the victims including some kind of food sellers, as opposed to protesters.

And I'll repeat. None of that is official. But that was what Thai folks in our neighborhood were talking about tonight.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 violent attacks against peaceful protests and even markets in 2 days

We are still waiting for any sympathetic comment from PM and government

You will be waiting a while she has absconded from the country.

If you are lucky she may give another 'staged' media statement from 'whereabouts unknown'

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

The red shirts have never said they will target any protestors with violence - please show me your links where it explicitly says violence will be used against protesters by red shirts.

RT@veen_NT: 5.25pm Nattawut: We are fir all-out battle although we don't have our stage in Bangkok yet. It will be our greatest fight.

RT@waanspeaking RT @nikhon_: (A) red shirt leader said on stage in Korat he/she was gratified by attack at PDRC Trat stage. Tida had to stop him/her.

Looks like their battle has started.

So yes, you have no links to any red shirts saying they will use violence against protestors.

Just as I thought you would not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdblkvJ1eI0&feature=youtu.be …

Here is a link of 4000 red shirts celebrating the violence used against the innocent protestors today.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

ANTI-GOVERNMENT RALLY
Three kids injured in Sunday blast in critical condition : doctor

30227578-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three children injured in the Sunday bomb blast near an anti-government rally site were in serious condition, Dr Surasak Leela-udomlipi, director of Ramadhibodi Hospital said.

A nine-year-old boy is suffering from a serious head wound and internal bleeding while a girl of the same age, has internal bleeding. The doctor said the third boy, 8, has a neck wounds.

They were among 24 people injured in the latest bomb explosion near the Ratchprasong anti-government rally site.

The explosion went off at 5pm near Big C department store’s Ratdamri branch.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-23

The red shirts have never said they will target any protestors with violence - please show me your links where it explicitly says violence will be used against protesters by red shirts.

RT@veen_NT: 5.25pm Nattawut: We are fir all-out battle although we don't have our stage in Bangkok yet. It will be our greatest fight.

RT@waanspeaking RT @nikhon_: (A) red shirt leader said on stage in Korat he/she was gratified by attack at PDRC Trat stage. Tida had to stop him/her.

Looks like their battle has started.

So yes, you have no links to any red shirts saying they will use violence against protestors.

Just as I thought you would not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdblkvJ1eI0&feature=youtu.be

Here is a link of 4000 red shirts celebrating the violence used against the innocent protestors today.

disgusting pieces of ignorant trash

enough with the politics people. None of you know what you are talking about anyway. Two days in a row children killed by fools. Very very sad day. Show some respect. This is not 2010, its not 2008, its not 2006 or 1992 or 1932 or whatever else you bring up. grow up some of you.

Wow another self righteous western who thinks it could never happen back in his home country.

The worlds in for a rude awakening, along with the blind sheep.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sounds like a 5 or 6 year old boy was killed.
Anyone that pushes blame onto parents for the death of a son will be reported by me. I hope every poster that reads this does the same. Have some respect for the dead. You are only showing your true colors when you do what you do.
It is not the parents fault. It is the terrorists fault.
Shame.

I don't think anyone is blaming the parents for the deaths directly, but children should not be anywhere near danger, and in case you haven't realized, these places have become very dangerous lately. Go ahead, report this post if you want. But in case my point wasn't clear enough already ill say it again - childrens safely should be put above politics. that means getting those children out of the danger zones immediately.

Look at the photos the children were at stalls selling clothes among other things, they were NOT at any protests.

Anywhere near danger, like roads ?

Give it a rest you red lot you are just making your cause worse by your disgusting posts.

• Like 2

One thing I noticed about the pics taken in the immediate aftermath of the attack is the total lack of a police presence. This is on the street just outside Big C and is not near any stages. It's the middle of one of Bangkok's biggest shopping districts, and no police. First responders were the army and rescue crews. The police didn't show up until the army had apprehended some possible suspects.

The lack of a police presence, in light of all the terrorist activity is most disturbing. Do they not care about the security of shoppers on the busy weekend?

• Like 1

One thing I noticed about the pics taken in the immediate aftermath of the attack is the total lack of a police presence. This is on the street just outside Big C and is not near any stages. It's the middle of one of Bangkok's biggest shopping districts, and no police. First responders were the army and rescue crews. The police didn't show up until the army had apprehended some possible suspects.

The lack of a police presence, in light of all the terrorist activity is most disturbing. Do they not care about the security of shoppers on the busy weekend?

PRDC don't let them in.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone that pushes blame onto parents for the death of a son will be reported by me. I hope every poster that reads this does the same. Have some respect for the dead. You are only showing your true colors when you do what you do.
Shame.

I don't think anyone is blaming the parents for the deaths directly, but children should not be anywhere near danger, and in case you haven't realized, these places have become very dangerous lately. Go ahead, report this post if you want. But in case my point wasn't clear enough already ill say it again - childrens safely should be put above politics. that means getting those children out of the danger zones immediately.

This happened out the front of a Big C.

You complain about the protesters blocking Bangkok and now you want children locked up in the safety of their homes?

If the Government and CMPO were fulfilling their duties (legally) and managing these protests the chances of these attacks occurring would be minimal!

The Government is failing to protect their own citizens.

Some rumor posts have removed:

In volatile situations such as what currently exists in Bangkok, rumours, and hearsay can result in people being put in harms way. At this time we heed all members to remember this, and avoid posting inflammatory allegations, rumours, and other harmful posts that could endanger others.

Many members are in and around the areas affected and require accurate, honest, and clear information about what is happening in order to keep themselves and their families safe. It is imperative that all members pitch in to help them with this, be it by providing accurate information, or by self-moderating yourself and stifling your emotions before responding to a topic.

It's at times of crisis like this that people turn to this forum (including all of you) for guidance, and we hope all members will do their bit to help out.

That being said, we will not have any patience for outlandish behaviour right now, Disruptive people will simply be removed.

Those who have been, and are continuing to help give a clear picture to our members and ourselves, you have our thanks.

Thaivisa.com

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701310-rumours-and-rumour-mongering-a-warning/

• Like 1

Why would these people take their kids to rally sites? It's unbelievable.

A responsible mother/father should never do this.

Agreed.

Edit: self -edited....deleted my own comments..(I'm getting too wrapped up in all this, time to step back)

Edited by djhotsox

Just for the record...

BhJ4bmJCMAAwSZL.jpg

Shame.

Look at the photos the children were at stalls selling clothes among other things, they were NOT at any protests.

Anywhere near danger, like roads ?

Give it a rest you red lot you are just making your cause worse by your disgusting posts.

In at least one of the cases, the little girl was working alongside her mother and grandmother at a stand. That's common, here. This is a terror campaign to make everyone fearful of simply being in Bangkok. If it's not a declaration of war, then what do you call it?