A new low for Pattaya's finest BIB

Bcgardener

Obviously if there are no other vehicles parked on that side of the street, it should register in your head something is up! Simple,if you don't know the rules, don't drive! I would of ticketed

and had it towed away to the impound lot! See how much that would cost! I usually never agree withBIB, but this time I do! In any other country that's what would of happened! Why do many farangs

think that they don't have to abide to Thai laws? Stupidity is no defense!!!

• Like 1

Obviously if there are no other vehicles parked on that side of the street, it should register in your head something is up! Simple,if you don't know the rules, don't drive! I would of ticketed

and had it towed away to the impound lot! See how much that would cost! I usually never agree withBIB, but this time I do! In any other country that's what would of happened! Why do many farangs

I dont think anyone is complaining about the law, its the extortion that was being complained about and that is most likely illegal

sounds pretty normal, I dont think its a new low, just standard practice

Certainly not a standard practice !

BIB are in this area nearly everyday; when your car/motorbike is illegally/badly parked,

hey block it on one wheel and you get a paper/bill to go pay at Soi 9 main office.

BTW I agree with a previous post

that this story is not credible with this 10'000 baht amount... smile.png

Anyone knowing this area will tell you that for an "immediate solved problem"

the "donation" is usually 150-200 for a bike and 300-400 for a car,

but nowadays most BIB will refuse and will send you to Soi 9.

My hearing may not be 100% but I know what I heard and it was definitely 10,000 Baht. I suppose it could have been a lost in translation case where the BIB meant 1,000 but when he translated to English came out as 10,000. Any way that is what I heard. However I agree with one of the other posts. It doesn't take a lot skill to look around and figure out where to and where to not park in South Pattaya Road.

• Like 1

I don't think they would have towed it away. I believe they use wheel clamps in that area.

On the similar subject................

Today on Beach Road outside Royal Shopping Mall.......the police were issuing parking tickets to four illegally parked "Taxis"....(A bay with red and white markings on the kerb)

They were receiving a mixed reception from the drivers.....outrage to amusement

Keep it up "Police" maybe they will all get the message one day

On the similar subject................

Today on Beach Road outside Royal Shopping Mall.......the police were issuing parking tickets to four illegally parked "Taxis"....(A bay with red and white markings on the kerb)

They were receiving a mixed reception from the drivers.....outrage to amusement

Keep it up "Police" maybe they will all get the message one day

Yep a message to pre-pay monthly to avoid being hassled dailylaugh.png

• Like 1

There is, even in Thai law, a difference between parking and stopping.

If you are in the car with the engine running and you do not stand still too long, it might be called stopping.

Otherwise, it is parking.

A bit off topic, but I hate to use my car to go around Pattaya City. Today we had to meet someone on Sukhumvit at 4:30pm. If we had used our car we would have been at least 30 min late, because it was gridlocked (what is new) (leave earlier would be a solution, but instead we used our motor bike.)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the UK that's about the current fine.

Really !!!

I don't think so.

More like 3000 baht, with 50% discount if paid within 14 days.

I think he meant if the car was towed. I know in major cities in the States, if your car is towed for illegal parking, it can easily cost $ 400-500 to pay the ticket, towing charges, and storage fees to get ones car out of impound.

Probably one of his mate's who just rented the uniform for the day.

Interesting reply.

Does this actually happen?

How common?

How common are other phoney/fake police?

Do they have any connections/relationships to the real ones?

How do you know if one is real or fake?

Many years ago my car got towed. My wife back than, went and got it. She paid the

fine at the police station 400 baht, than went to the place where they towed the

car, and had to pay those guy 500 baht for the towing ... it was alot of hassle

to run around but didn't cost that much.

luudee

I don't believe your story. 500 or 1000 baht maybe but 10k is not credible. In any case, isn't in front of k-bank a red and white striped no parking zone?

I got done for parking facing the wrong way in Hua Hin and the fine was 400b (ticket on the window of my car)... I was in a rush to leave town at the time to do a visa run so went straight to the police station and he gave me a 200b discount?! He said Thai police jai dee mai? I said yes yes... jai dee mak mak

• Like 1