Thai Air Force chief vows tough action on secession banners

webfact

Well, they certainly have the resources. More Generals in the Thai military than the USA. Budget always seem to increase dramatically following a coup. Excellent equipment such as the GT200. Only a few renegades murdering children from time to time..

What renegades murdering childeren ? you mean like the red shirts did at Trat and later at their meeting cheer about this wonderful news ?

Anyway, the army should also be investigated for corruption and just like politicians they should go in jail. You wont hear me protest as any corrupt official goes to jail.

The current government wanted to include 25.000 cases of corruption in the amnesty.. what does that tell you cheesy.gif

That is why we need reforms first and not from this government they love corruption like the rice scam and their actions show.

Change the laws and really punish corrupt officials. Start at the top and work your way down. This would be for the best of Thailand. But the reds oppose it as it would strike their leaders as they are corrupt. (yellow could be corrupt too but not now as they are not in power its always those in power). As the reds think they will stay in power they will halt any anti corruption law. Of course their real leader is a master in corruption and it was so obvious that they really had to convict him.

Everyone agrees the Trat and Big C events were horrible. So too was the murder of the 3 young boys in front of their parents.By soldiers, an execution

Then get those soldiers and put them on trial.. i wont loose any sleep over it. I have no love for the army and support any thing that will help against corruption that is why I am so against the current government with their lying and hiding of the facts.

As for the tough action on the secession banners, Tarit plays hard ball to others let him do it with his own two instead of always talking double standards.

They should forget the banners. If they ignore them they will go away. I'd be more worried about catching the grenade throwers, the shooters, controlling the flow of weapons, securing borders...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Air Force taking legal action against red shirt activist for separatism
By Digital Content

13941712121532.jpg

BANGKOK, March 7 - Thai air force chief Air Chief Marshal Prachin Chantong today said airmen are collecting evidence to file charges against a hardcore red shirt activist involved with installing banners promoting separatism in the country.

ACM Prachin remarked as a leading red shirt supporter in Pathum Thani province, Wutthipong Kachathamkul, also known as Ko Tee, admitted that he erected banners promoting dividing Thailand into distinct political entities.

The banners were erected in Bangkok's Don Mueang district.

He said he has called a meeting with concerned officials to collect the information and evidence, saying the air force is ready to discuss with police which offences Ko Tee's action can be considered and whether police or soldiers will file charges against him.

If police will not take action, the air force will do it, as the army has done, ACM Prachin said.

The air force chief referred to Army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha's move ordering the Third Region Army Command to file separatism charges against the red shirt group in Chiang Mai after the group show supports for separating the country.

Following attempt to call for the United Nations' interference, ACM Prachin said the problems in Thailand can better be solved by Thai people and this is a sensitive issue which needs mutual cooperation.

He said the commanders of three armed forces will have to discuss before proposing any ideas to the caretaker prime minister. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-07

Than, keep throwing trashes at other people and don't forget to look at yourself in the mirror. Right or wrong is at the eyes of beholder. What matters to you may not matter to others. You think PDRC protesters are all good people? Likewise with the reds. Your right is worth more than theirs? What make you think so? This is what they are questioning. As for the rice scheme, the program was presented in the house. Yes, it's a bad decision. If you want it to call "corruption", it's certainly up to you. Did Yinluck's bank account grew dramatically that it cannot be detected from the bank? I really want to see her statement.

Everyone agrees the Trat and Big C events were horrible. So too was the murder of the 3 young boys in front of their parents.By soldiers, an execution

Then get those soldiers and put them on trial.. i wont loose any sleep over it. I have no love for the army and support any thing that will help against corruption that is why I am so against the current government with their lying and hiding of the facts.

As for the tough action on the secession banners, Tarit plays hard ball to others let him do it with his own two instead of always talking double standards.

They should forget the banners. If they ignore them they will go away. I'd be more worried about catching the grenade throwers, the shooters, controlling the flow of weapons, securing borders...

I think its a nice stick to hit the red shirts with, Tarit is also real selective with what he does. Let them use it to break the red shirts.

That does not mean they don't have to do the other things you said, those are even more important. But I think with this rope the red shirts are hanging themselves. Plus i doubt we need the likes of Koo tee the extremist. Having him behind bars would tone down on violence.

When maniacs like Kotee want to seperate the Country in two, I think there is nothing wrong with the military taking action against them. They are just lucky it's court action and not physical!

After all, the Military is there to protect the Nation and Thailand is the Nation!

If the Army and Police aren't doing their job, maybe the Navy and Air Force will.

Suthep never suggested anything as crazy as separating the Country. What the Reds are doing is a whole new ball game. A game they will loose for sure. This is not Nepal, this is Thailand! wai2.gifxWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ic.52UL_9jJ74.pn

• Like 1

RTAF Chief calls for talks to end political conflicts

PNPOL570307001000801_07032014_113809.jpg

BANGKOK, 7 March 2014 (NNT) — The Royal Thai Air Force is collecting signs promoting separatism in the country found at various spots in Don Mueang area and will submit them to the police for further action.

RTAF Commander-in-Chief Prajin Juntong said he has ordered his personnel to stay vigilant after the signs believed to be put up by a red-shirt man known as “Ko Tee” were found across Don Mueang. He said the signs would be submitted to the police for use as evidence.

The Air Chief Marshal went on to express his opinion about Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Surapong Tovichakchaikul suggesting the UN be the mediator in the current political turmoil — saying that the whole issue was a sensitive one and should be left to the Thai people to sort it out among themselves.

Moreover, as it was his birthday, Air Chief Marshal Prajin asked that as a birthday present, all sides should turn to the negotiating table in order for the country to move forward.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-03-07 footer_n.gif

Oh that's nice! he wantsthe thai's to all get along for his birthday! sounds like rodney king!

Can I ask what this has to do with the Air Force - should it not be the Police who investigate this sort of thing ?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, thats where a question arises, where does anyone really know what their hi-so job entails or/and where it finishes. Sadly nobody seems to know. sad.png

Can I ask what this has to do with the Air Force - should it not be the Police who investigate this sort of thing ?

I know its hard sometimes to read Thai

But its really bad when someone can not read or understand basic English

Quote: the area under the jurisdiction of the Air Force.

• Like 1

Well, they certainly have the resources. More Generals in the Thai military than the USA. Budget always seem to increase dramatically following a coup. Excellent equipment such as the GT200. Only a few renegades murdering children from time to time..

What renegades murdering childeren ? you mean like the red shirts did at Trat and later at their meeting cheer about this wonderful news ?

Anyway, the army should also be investigated for corruption and just like politicians they should go in jail. You wont hear me protest as any corrupt official goes to jail.

The current government wanted to include 25.000 cases of corruption in the amnesty.. what does that tell you cheesy.gif

That is why we need reforms first and not from this government they love corruption like the rice scam and their actions show.

Change the laws and really punish corrupt officials. Start at the top and work your way down. This would be for the best of Thailand. But the reds oppose it as it would strike their leaders as they are corrupt. (yellow could be corrupt too but not now as they are not in power its always those in power). As the reds think they will stay in power they will halt any anti corruption law. Of course their real leader is a master in corruption and it was so obvious that they really had to convict him.

if you think that was an execution wait until Kotee and the boys have their way. Trips to Cambodia....Khmer rouge....killing fields...get the picture.

Farangs will be the first to be "re educated" with a plastic bag if these genocidal maniacs get their way.

And people on here support them.

Edited by Mudcrab

"He also voiced opposition to a proposal to invite the United Nations secretary-general Ban Ki-moon to Bangkok to observe the situation as the conflict is internal affair which the Thai people can handle and resolve by themselves."

Seems they are not all morons as Khun Surapong.

And I for one am glad you have no say in the great country I settled in

What, are each of the three Thai armed force branches now going to compete as to who takes action against secession behavior? Is this some kind of internal power struggle among themselves to look tough when the Armed Forces was non persona grata during the height of the PDRC anti-government protests? But really I feel safer now that the full might of the Thai military is going after banner hangers. Maybe the Thai Army, Navy, and Air Force can hold joint manuveurs with the French, Japanese, French, and Australians on how to best deal with secession protests seeing as they show a propensity to interfer in Thailand's political landscape.

<deleted> has it got to do with the air force? Amazing Thailand

Got their drones ready. you cannot run away now so watch it guys, lie low and get <deleted> back working your 300 kilometers from home.

Were those paramilitary rangers not arrested and confessed that their despicable crime was motivated by some kind of family blood feud?

Whereas no one has been caught and charged for the murder of the innocent children at Trat or the many many outrageous attacks on the protesters. These attacks are for political gain through intimidation.

What happened to the lady caught driving the car from which shots were fired at protesters in Bangkok; or the guy caught lobbing a grenade on cctv; or the off duty policeman caught shooting at protesters from the back of a motor cycle ? The 4 men arrested in BKK in possession of firearms and grenades were released as the police said they only had them for self defense and they had good hearts -<deleted>?

So far not one single perp has been arrested and charged with violence against anyone supporting the protests against PTP and their allies.

Don't you find that somewhat revealing?

Obviosly mistaken as I thought that the majority on this forum could read. "the area under the jurisdiction of the Air Force." I thought that was quite clear.

• Like 1

Obviosly mistaken as I thought that the majority on this forum could read. "the area under the jurisdiction of the Air Force." I thought that was quite clear.

Gosh, I hope Napalm was not in reserves.....sad.png

"He also voiced opposition to a proposal to invite the United Nations secretary-general Ban Ki-moon to Bangkok to observe the situation as the conflict is internal affair which the Thai people can handle and resolve by themselves."

...and a fine job they are doing to handle and resolve the situation. :(

• Like 2

BANGKOK, 7 March 2014 (NNT) The Royal Thai Air Force is collecting signs promoting separatism in the country found at various spots in Don Mueang area and will submit them to the police for further action.

That's easy to resolve. Police may find one or two culprits. They'll ask, "Did you put those banners up?"

Suspects will say, "Can you prove it?"

Police will say, "No, but we think you did. So don't do it any more, or you will be in trouble"

- end of interrogation -

Do you ever understand what you post about, What does your post have to do with the Air Force generals comments, you should make an attempt to stay on the topic of the thread!

Cheers

If you take the trouble to READ the story, you will find that Don Muang is under the jurisdiction of the Royal Thai Air Force, in which case, he has Every Right to take action against these people.

Have you ever heard of FORT HOOD?

Before you go making your wild and unfounded allegations about the Thai Military, just have a look at what your "Good Ole American Boys" have done to innocent people at home and around the world.....perhaps you might have even been one of those involved in that well known massacre of civilians in a village in Vietnam... Mai Ly....or something....I probably don't have the correct spelling but I'm sure it will come up on google in case you have forgotten about your American War Crimes.

How many chiefs of whatever have vowed to do this or that over the last few months and have done sweet fa - the men in this country need to start wearing trousers!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app