Funny looks

bigehitewarrior

Up until now I thought this was a nice forum to find answers to questions and make contact.. but there is always one.. BwindiBoy ..why don't you come say that to my face ...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think he was sticking up for you against the other two?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There you go me (Tom) and (Nut) smile.png

After seeing this photo, I'm going to say what many people were no doubt thinking but nobody said yet: I'm sure she must have a great personality!

Wholeheartedly agree,jeeeez.

A song comes to mind.

Who let the dogs out

Is the opening line

What a couple of complete a-holes you two are hedgehog and thainess!!!

I was suggesting this girl has an excellent personality. Explain to me how that makes me a "complete a-hole"? I would suggest that the "a-hole" is you for disagreeing with a very positive and nice statement I made about this lovely lady. Get a life if you're always looking for negativity in everything you read.

She looks like a typical dark-skinned rural Isaan girl. A lot of Bangkok Thais can't get their heads round why a rich white westerner would be interested in a poor, black Isaan woman. That's why she's getting the stares.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

She looks like a typical dark-skinned rural Isaan girl. A lot of Bangkok Thais can't get their heads round why a rich white westerner would be interested in a poor, black Isaan woman. That's why she's getting the stares.

Pretty much it. I feel like I'm stating the obvious but the OP is new here. (BTW, I really don't see that your GF is all that dark.) While we westerners are pretty much colour blind, Bangkok Thais are not. Like another poster above, I could go on but, OP, if we were talking face to face, I might not be so kind to BKK Thais. Best advice, walk on, you will learn to ignore the stares, which in itself is rude. Maybe even stare back. Watch their reactions. LOL. Anyway, enjoy your GF's charms.

• Like 2

I am.indeed a lot taller than my missus .. 6 foot 2 inch she reaches just about to my chest hight.. and yes she is an issan girl... she has since explained that when I'm out on business with her or we go eat at night that the main reason is what edwardandtubs stated .. and yes I have started staring back not so much at the bkk girls but the guys ..and they look away very quickly ..embarrased I would say :)

• Like 1

OP, Thais constantly ask me ''Why Farang like girl dark skin?'', so that goes against your OP. It's expected of us. I just tell them that that is not necessarily true, because they are just basing their judgement on seeing Farang with bar girls around the city, who are usually from Isaan and naturally darker. If they were green, Thais would be saying why Farang like girl green?.

Thais love to gossip and talk about others. That is the first thing I noticed when my thai language skills improved.

Not going to be abusive like the bored fossils in this thread. I'll just tell it to you bluntly from an objective standpoint.

I'd say whatever they were saying was most likely negative. Your partner is dark skinned and not a model. You are also an aging foreigner wearing a singlet with tats. This combination screams "sexpat / issan hooker" to Thais. It could also be the way you both interact in public. Maybe you were both talking pigeon english. Maybe you both swear a lot. Maybe it could be a lot of different things.

Now I am not saying this is the reality here. Just my assumption on their perceptions of you in public.

You have to remember that Thais are very status orientated and that extends to appearances, specially in Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...

actually most of TV is this way, your question was sorta softball

or was it a Real question?

Up until now I thought this was a nice forum to find answers to questions and make contact.. but there is always one.. BwindiBoy ..why don't you come say that to my face ...