Tourists risk gunfire, grenades for a h*ll of a bargain to stay in 'Camp Lumpini'

webfact

Tourists risk gunfire, grenades for a h*ll of a bargain to stay in 'Camp Lumpini'
By Coconuts Bangkok

lumpinitourists.jpg?itok=CuZhX33B

BANGKOK: -- Talk about bargain hunters. Thailand has long held appeal to low-budget backpackers looking to enjoy extended-to-indefinite travel on a shoestring budget.

Even then, choosing to take advantage of regularly violent social upheaval for a free night's sleep in protester-occupied Lumpini Park seems a stretch.

But that's exactly what's happening, at least according to an image of two foreign campers lounging beside a tent in the park posted to Facebook on Sunday.

"Tourists expose themselves to the air of Bangkok," [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/03/11/tourists-risk-gunfire-grenades-hell-bargain-stay-camp-lumpini

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-03-11

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No idea whats going on and thinking their "part" of something

As you say...

this is something i really detest about Farang tourists.

They expect Thais to speak and write English correctly, but they themselves can do neither.....

["they're" is pronounced differently from there or their neither of which would have been correct in the quoted sentence]

• Like 2

Not that clever. They are staying for free but everybody else in the park is being paid to be there.

And you have evidence they are being paid of course?

I know Thai teachers who go to Lumpini daily who say they are not paid but free food is offered & long lines smile.png many farang hence the 2 guys camping.

The PDRC has admitted to paying 1300 ish guards, take a wander around Lumpini, there are not many more than the paid guards there.

Thailand is like a giant prison....

The country is so liberal that it allows anyone to come here! That includes criminals, deviants, drunkards and deadbeats

A friend of mine pointed out a football hooligan having a beer in a bar in Pattaya.... there are tons of counterfeiters and other criminals...

Pattaya is like the Walking Beach Sing Sing prison!

Lord save you if you have decided to retire around Pattaya.... it means you have lost in life!!!

• Like 1

As you say...

They expect Thais to speak and write English correctly, but they themselves can do neither.....

["they're" is pronounced differently from there or their neither of which would have been correct in the quoted sentence]

ahh the grammar brigade :-) who expects Thai's to speak English? Not me

did you understand what i was saying? Yes or no

if yes, that's enough for me

As you say...

Farangs haven't been receiving Thai lessons since junior school. PS..... try using commas........coffee1.gif

Not that clever. They are staying for free but everybody else in the park is being paid to be there.

You must be confused, these people are having a gathering in the north somewhere at the moment.

I know of some teachers from the south that joined the protests in January that were 'reimbursed' 500 baht a day for 'loss of earnings' (which I imagine they didn't actually even lose).

I can't say whether this is still going on or not though.

Edited by TallPalm

When are western anti-government supporters going to see things clearly... both camps are being paid. How many of the supporters on both sides know anything about politics, seriously... Of course they are paid. There was even a report out on how much all the stages cost. Do you think it was Thaksin's propaganda machine that handed that out?

As you say...

I am sure this comment comes from an Islander who can speak read and write only English.... (maybe some bar-Thai too)

cheap arsed soap dodgers, they can get a free flight home if an M79 grenade lands in their tent!

With all attacks on the anti-government protesters that could indeed happen.