Transferring accounts

Hi

I've had a bangkok bank account for several years now which my branch Is in pattaya. I have no more desire to go back to pattaya.

Would it be possible to transfer my account to the samui branch as I live on koh pahangan and would find this better.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The only problem iliac not open a new bank account as I'm only on a tourist visa now so my options are limited

Rather than ask on a TV forum, if you're in Samui why not speak to someone at the Bangkok Bank branch near you? The response from the bank manager is going to be the only one that matters.

Being here on a tourist visa is not necessarily a problem, although you also say "I live on koh pahangan," which makes it sound like your stay is more permanent than it would be for a tourist. Anyway depending on the local bank manager, it might be accomplished without too much trouble.

I have done this in the past. I moved from Ban Phe, in the Rayong province, where I had a Bangkok Band account. I moved to Pattaya, in the Chonburi province, and opened a Bangkok Bank account. They then charged me a fee to move my money from Ban Phe to Pattaya. I would withdraw all of your money, (don't close the old account), and deposit it in the new account, and not pay the fee. I say do not close the old account, because at some point in time, they will post your interest to it. You will have to go back to the original branch to withdraw your interest, but at least you have that option.

When an account drops below Bt2000 and shows no owner activity for 12 months Bangkok Bank will begin charging a monthly maintenance fee of Bt50 per month until zero balance is reached...then the account is closed. Expect other banks have a similar policy.

Sent from my Samsung S4 (GT-I9500)

The only problem iliac not open a new bank account as I'm only on a tourist visa now so my options are limited

If you go to a branch of the same bank they should open a new account for you.

There is no official requirement to need any visa to open a bank account. Some banks even have that posted on their websites.