St. Patrick’s Day Parade Pattaya

InspirePattaya

St. Patrick’s Day Parade Pattaya, Monday 17th March 2014

3pm Start at Alcazar, Second Road
5:30pm Finish at Muang Pattaya 8 School
A number of entertainment and sporting activities will go on throughout the week of 11th to 16th March 2014, prior to commemorating the big day on Monday 17th March, the official Saint Patrick’s Day with a parade through Pattaya! All proceeds will be donated to the Father Ray Foundation, Pattaya’s largest charitable organization.

Read More here

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2014-3-14

Why do you Irish have to make such a fuzz? Can't you just get together for a private party and get drunk, while the inevitable folk singer rapes a few sad songs??biggrin.png

It's not about the Irish, it's about raising money for 850 homeless, abused, orphaned kids that benefit from the money raised through The Fr. ray Foundation. So what if we have a party in the process. Come and join the fun, it might help your perspective.

Happy Paddy's Day

Seamus

I don't have a certain "perspective" - it was a joke.

Excellent initiative - I will partake in the festivities (as long as I don't have to listen to any folk songs)!

I think St. Patrick's Day has been taken out of the hands of the Irish....Like Christmas time and other religious occasions, it has become a time for celebration, partying and getting drunk with little or no thought or respect for the meaning of the occasion. I have even heard Irish people calling it "Paddy's day"...can one get more disrespectful than that.

I think St. Patrick's Day has been taken out of the hands of the Irish....Like Christmas time and other religious occasions, it has become a time for celebration, partying and getting drunk with little or no thought or respect for the meaning of the occasion. I have even heard Irish people calling it "Paddy's day"...can one get more disrespectful than that.

Speak for yourself pal, I couldn't care less about it.

I may go for a beer on St George's Day, though.

Nothing disrespectful about that, Paddy is to Patrick as Bob is to Robert, Willie is to William, Dick is to Richard etc. etc......

I thought it was obvious who I was speaking for......let me give you a clue.......the first two words of my post......."I think".....not "you think"....or "they think"

Edited by dotpoom

Nothing disrespectful about that, Paddy is to Patrick as Bob is to Robert, Willie is to William, Dick is to Richard etc. etc......

My Father in law's name was Patrick.....I always addressed him by his title....as in Mr. (Surname) . After a period of time he said that was not necessary and that it was OK to call him by his first name Patrick. I did but never really felt comfortable with it. He was OK with that as I said, but if I dared to call him Paddy I don't think that would have gone down well at all.....it would be called "taking a liberty" or being "over familiar". If we had a Pope named Robert he would be called Pope Robert....not Bob. To drop a person's title without their permission is rude and ignorant but I suppose it depends on how we were brought up. I do not mean that disrespectfully ..a person's behavior is usually learned behavior from the earliest age.

I wonder who in the world thought it would be a good idea to have a drinking contest on the stage at the parade gathering today before it set off at the Alcazar. The contestants were being called from the crowd to participate, young and old, with a large bottle of beer placed at their feet. At the "off" they had to grab their beer and whoever drank it the fastest was the winner. What a numskull of a contest. What with the amount of deaths caused on the roads due to alcohol etc., etc., etc.,. What a disgusting example that was for the loads of young people who were in attendance as to how one should enjoy themselves.

I'll have a beer on both, now how neutral is that

I think St. Patrick's Day has been taken out of the hands of the Irish....

Like Christmas time and other religious occasions, ...

The big difference is that "everyone" knows about Christmas (at least its commercial part)

but its the first ever time I ear about "St Patrick's day"...

Ok, Google & Wikipedia are here to help me, but this day still has to cross the English Channel I think

I wonder who in the world thought it would be a good idea to have a drinking contest on the stage at the parade gathering today before it set off at the Alcazar. The contestants were being called from the crowd to participate, young and old, with a large bottle of beer placed at their feet. At the "off" they had to grab their beer and whoever drank it the fastest was the winner. What a numskull of a contest. What with the amount of deaths caused on the roads due to alcohol etc., etc., etc.,. What a disgusting example that was for the loads of young people who were in attendance as to how one should enjoy themselves.

One assumes you have never been to Dublin for Paddys day, my friend you need to lighten up a bit, personally I thought it was just a bit of light hearted fun !