car parking koh kong

There is secure car parking at the border, but I doubt it that it will be cheaper then the 100 Thb you where paying at the Laos border.

Maybe a good idea would be to find a guesthouse in Trat and ask if you can park your car there for the week and then take a minibus to the border.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There is secure car parking at the border, but I doubt it that it will be cheaper then the 100 Thb you where paying at the Laos border.

Maybe a good idea would be to find a guesthouse in Trat and ask if you can park your car there for the week and then take a minibus to the border.

Good luck

yeah, think i'll give this one a try getting a guesthouse - good idea.

Good luck

yeah, think i'll give this one a try getting a guesthouse - good idea.

You could - but I'd say it's not worth the bother especially not for a trip of just a week. I personally wouldn't do anything other than driving my car right up to the border (and preferably across into Cambodia, but that isn't an option if your car is on hire purchase, i.e. on finance). The method suggested will be complicated because first you have to find a guesthouse or hotel in Trat (incidentally, there are guesthouses in Had Lek too, so why wouldn't you spend the night there and then ask to park your car there for a few days?) and then find a minivan for the 90km trip to the border. I have no idea what times the minibuses leave, but both on the way there and back you'd have to leave fairly early as I doubt there would be minibuses leaving late, despite the border crossing now opening until 10pm. Not to mention the waiting time for the minivans to leave, which could be substantial. Although someone who's been there by minivan will know better than me.

Edited by Tomtomtom69