Immigrating from uk to oz with my Thai wife & baby girl.. Opinions or advice ?

We have been Married for one and half years and have a one year old daughter, I lived on and off in thailand for two years before we were married, returning to the Uk to work.

About 11 months ago we moved to the uk on a spouse visa.

I have a uk passport, my wife has a thai passport and daughter has Thai and uk passport.

We are still a fairly young, I am 32 and my wife is 27.

We couldn't earn enough money to live in thailand so we have come back to the uk but I have always had a dream of living somewhere warmer and my wife isn't really liking the uk weather and it's only been one year.

We have no ties in the uk or thailand so we would like to try and make a move Downunder to australia after I worked there for one year about ten years ago. I am a qualified plumber and could get us in on a skilled trade working visa. There is no information about me a uk citizen bringing a Thai spouse.

The Only information I have seen is about Australian citizens bringing Thai spouses.

Could I bring a Thai spouse to oz not being a citizen?

Do you think we should complete the five year uk spouse visa, get uk citizenship for my wife. Then apply for move Downunder?

Any other advice or opinions about what we want to do.

Cheers Danny

Don't think it matters where your wife comes from provided you qualify by their points system, you are English and she is your legally married wife.

Anyhow , good luck and don't make the mistake of going to southern Australia where they have very cold winters, try the Sunshine Coast area just north of Brisbane if you want a warm climate. Many migrants from UK seem to think that it is warm everywhere in oz.

We have been Married for one and half years and have a one year old daughter, I lived on and off in thailand for two years before we were married, returning to the Uk to work.

About 11 months ago we moved to the uk on a spouse visa.

I have a uk passport, my wife has a thai passport and daughter has Thai and uk passport.

We are still a fairly young, I am 32 and my wife is 27.

We couldn't earn enough money to live in thailand so we have come back to the uk but I have always had a dream of living somewhere warmer and my wife isn't really liking the uk weather and it's only been one year.

We have no ties in the uk or thailand so we would like to try and make a move Downunder to australia after I worked there for one year about ten years ago. I am a qualified plumber and could get us in on a skilled trade working visa. There is no information about me a uk citizen bringing a Thai spouse.

The Only information I have seen is about Australian citizens bringing Thai spouses.

Could I bring a Thai spouse to oz not being a citizen?

Do you think we should complete the five year uk spouse visa, get uk citizenship for my wife. Then apply for move Downunder?

Any other advice or opinions about what we want to do.

Cheers Danny

Cairns is a great place to live for Thais. Huge community there, warm weather & life is similar there. Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Queensland is a great place to live however stay away from the gold Coast and look at anywhere north of Brisbane, Sunshine coast is great or even further North towards Cairns, but Australia is not the cheap place to live it used to be, everything went up in the last 10 years to near European prices.

There is also trade licensing in Australia so make sure you take all your trade certificates with you or you will not get a job as a plumber.

Good luck it is a beautiful country full of very friendly people, but alas too expensive for a pensioner like me to live the good life, hence I live the dream in Thailand.

Just one word of warning some people will judge you having a Thai wife not the guys mostly the over weight white women,