How Long To Get A 1 Year Marriage Visa

When you turn in the paperwork you receive an extension of stay for about 45 days and told to return on that date. The final extension of stay is normally stamped into your passport when you return after that 40-45 days.

Between 40-45 days normally. It will not be for one year but until the day prior to your current entry into Thailand prior to application. You enter 10 January, you apply 20 April, final approval about June 5 for a stay until 9 January the following year.

This is a "support Thai wife" extension of stay rather than a visa.

Bummer, i thought it would only be a couple of weeks :o

And i need to leave the money in the bank for the entire 40 days?

Yes, do not touch the money until your application is approved.

I got a friend who could not wait and withdrew part of the money and his application was rejected.

how can it be 40+ days, do they give you a temporary extension of stay, my understanding is you can apply for 1 year extension until 60 days into the 90 days they initially give you, so that means they would have to complete it in 30 days or less.

i was told come back 2 weeks before your 90 days runs out and they will do the extension, thats less than 14 days( 10 business days)

baz

i was told come back 2 weeks before your 90 days runs out and they will do the extension, thats less than 14 days( 10 business days)

Really? I have like 75 days left on my type O visa, so this means i cant even go and apply for another 60 days? And then 40 days after that i get the visa?

... thats 100 days of all my money sitting in the bank?

I was going to buy a condo like this month :o

I heard somewhere on the forums thats theres also a 3 month marriage visa? Is this true? If so is there any kind of requirements to just going and getting a 3 month extension each time?

Edited by dave111223

a non Imm o can be a marriage visa, if you want a further 90days than the initial, then it must be a multiple entry and you will need to do a border crossing, if its a single entry then you need to get the 1 year extension after 60 days has passed on the inital entry.

if you have been here 75 days then you can apply for the extension and once grated buy the condo.

anyone correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure this is the case.

Baz

if you have been here 75 days then you can apply for the extension and once grated buy the condo.

I said i have 75 days left, i've only been here 15 days. I have a 3 month single entry type O visa.

So my problem is that i dont want to wait 4 months before buying the condo, as i already have 1 that i want to buy.

So what happens when my visa expires if i'm married to Thai but do not have 400,000? What are the options? I do have income from overseas, but do not have a workpermit.

if the income you mention is 40,000 or higher then that is enough, if not then borrow the money for the day when you apply, i have read several forum posts here where people have done that.

if the income you mention is 40,000 or higher then that is enough, if not then borrow the money for the day when you apply, i have read several forum posts here where people have done that.

Maybe this was before. Now I'm sure they are more stricter.

and dear dave111223 you are very young (22 years) for to live here in LOS without work permit, I think.

I'm in the middle of this processing for the same extension you want. Forget the days, the weeks, the months - be only happy you'll become it onetime.

When the immigration has all your papers and it's everything right they said, then the next step is maybe to visit your home first and you can't make an appointment with them. You have to wait. After them all the papers will be sent to BKK for the finish or not. How long it takes, i don't know.

I already have mad my first 90 days Rapport, but the 365 days extension till now not become. So don't worry. But you worry about the money - maybe this is a problem...

I went down to immigration today to apply. I didnt have the paper from the bank showing the wire transfer was from a foreign country, so couldnt actually turn in the paperwork.

But they told me that i could apply right away (even though i have over 2 months left on my current visa), and they said that the visa takes less than 30 days?

I went down to immigration today to apply. I didnt have the paper from the bank showing the wire transfer was from a foreign country, so couldnt actually turn in the paperwork.

But they told me that i could apply right away (even though i have over 2 months left on my current visa), and they said that the visa takes less than 30 days?

which office did you go to, bangkok?

let us know how you go when you go back as the section that does the extensions is different to the ones who grant to visa and permision to stay and may not have the same idea

baz

Final Post:

Went down to immigration today (bangkok) with the paperwork for the 1 year visa.

- Bank stuff

- Wife stuff

- My stuff etc...

They interviewed me and my wife and said come back in 30 days to pick up your 1 year visa. My wife asked if i would get the visa. And the woman said "Yes 100%".

So i dont know what all the fuss is about on these message boards, the interview was a breeze and only 30 days? (Not 40 or 45).

And even though my current 3 month visa doesnt expire until August 21 they said i can pick up the 1 year visa on July 7.

So I guess i'm all set for this year :o

Final Post:

Went down to immigration today (bangkok) with the paperwork for the 1 year visa.

- Bank stuff

- Wife stuff

- My stuff etc...

They interviewed me and my wife and said come back in 30 days to pick up your 1 year visa. My wife asked if i would get the visa. And the woman said "Yes 100%".

So i dont know what all the fuss is about on these message boards, the interview was a breeze and only 30 days? (Not 40 or 45).

And even though my current 3 month visa doesnt expire until August 21 they said i can pick up the 1 year visa on July 7.

So I guess i'm all set for this year :o

Can you tell us also was that In Soi Suan Phlu or in an other place?

Fuss? What fuss? Who said anything about a fuss?

So some get a stamp telling them to come back in 45 days, some in 40 days, some in 30 days. Where’s the fuss? Everybody just do as the stamp says, and there’s no problem! No fuss at all!

Fuss, my foot!

--------------

Maestro

So some get a stamp telling them to come back in 45 days, some in 40 days, some in 30 days. Where’s the fuss? Everybody just do as the stamp says, and there’s no problem! No fuss at all!

Fuss, my foot!

*If there wasnt any fuss before there is now :o *

By fuss i just mean that in everything i ever do Thailand related i'm constantly shocked by how much easier it is than i expected.

Because i read about how to do stuff on this message board and people make things seem more difficult/ more expensive/ more time consuming than they really are?

I'm not sure if it is just their experience was this way, or if its a "keep as many foreigners out as possible" mentality?

...i'm constantly shocked by how much easier it is than i expected.

I would wait with this statement. You did not get your extension yet. Right?

i guess like the news, we usually only hear about the problems, most people post here when they have a problem or want know how to do something.

Fuss, my foot!

*If there wasnt any fuss before there is now :o *

By fuss i just mean that in everything i ever do Thailand related i'm constantly shocked by how much easier it is than i expected.

Because i read about how to do stuff on this message board and people make things seem more difficult/ more expensive/ more time consuming than they really are?

I'm not sure if it is just their experience was this way, or if its a "keep as many foreigners out as possible" mentality?

Right. Things are f***k all easy if you have the money and your paperwork is in order. :D

some news...i went for my extension 2 weeks before my 2 months entry expired and they told me to come back a week before it expires....go figure.

did you go to the bangkok office near sathorn?

some news...i went for my extension 2 weeks before my 2 months entry expired and they told me to come back a week before it expires....go figure.

did you go to the bangkok office near sathorn?

This would than be the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Phlu, on the South Sathorn Road. But I think he was in Penang, what I understand in his posts.

• 4 weeks later...

Figured i'd post the outcome:

I went down to immigration, (1 month after i filled the application). 15 minutes later and i'm walking out with my 1 year stamp :o

So to all those readers who may in the future be applying for the same thing, i'd just say don't worry about it, the process is way easier than you might think.

Figured i'd post the outcome:

I went down to immigration, (1 month after i filled the application). 15 minutes later and i'm walking out with my 1 year stamp :o

So to all those readers who may in the future be applying for the same thing, i'd just say don't worry about it, the process is way easier than you might think.

You mad your experience in BKK okey. In other provinces not. Right?