Name of this Thai sausage

NamKAheng

Can't guarantee that I'm right but it well may be Sai Krok Isan. If you google it you should find a number of recipes, including a western recipe that has a culture starter that will sour the sausages quickly, and safely. I can attest to David Thompson's recipe in Thai Street Food, it is great. Thee is another style of sausage that has a deeper spice base but the former is my personal favourite. Hope this was helpful (not real sure as I'm An Aussie who regrettably only gets to Thailand every couple of years)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

them little issan sausages are quite nice...down here in Supanburi we get them appearing in the market sometimes and the family gobbles them up just like I do..a really nice sour taste that I haven't tasted anywhere...and they are not spicy??!!

the preparation probably is simple if you are familiar but I wouldn't attempt to do them at home...doomed to failure...just chase down the source and ask when they shall be available again...

I've got a sausage stuffer attachment on the meat grinder and we've done some nice ones but I wouldn't attempt those issan ones...too easy to get it wrong...looks like prepare the mixture, then stuff then cook to get the nice little glaze that they have...

good luck with your efforts! a unique thai delicacy superior to the better known som tam or tom yum...

(issan sausages on a roll with salad and bbq sauce?...issan sausage with scrambled eggs and corn tortillas?...the universe unfolds with the possibilities...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior