Too much make up

Gutterboy

Does she just do the typical Thai-style make-up that most women here do? Or is it serious clown-level territory? If its just the usual Thai style, just tell her honestly that you think she looks better without it, and please don't wear any when she's not going out somewhere. Probably the best you can hope for, you're in a losing battle, never start a land war in Asia.

Tell her "there is no need to run after the bus once you have caught it "

Tell her, if she is wearing it for you, there is no need, if shes not wearing it for you then who is she wearing it for ? as she doesnt need to improve what is already beautiful, and just think of the money and hassle she could save herself.

• Like 1

ive had gfs in the past and when we were going out somewhere ive had to make them wash off some of the makeup

they were beautiful without it

but they still inisisted on coming out like a cross between a clown and a ladyboy with bright orange cheeks ......

if its too over the top i would have to be honest and tell them you look ridiculious ............

or else i could put on the pizza stained wife beater and some boxer shorts and flip flops

drink 12 beers and then we go out to meet her friends ,since we both dont care what the other thinks ,right ?

• Like 1

Thank you for helpful and amusing replies! It is broaching clown territory but I think canman hit the nail on the head there: it's more that she doesn't know how to apply it well and also uses far too much. A course would do her good. That book also looks great, thank you arthurwait. Do you know how to find it in Thai language?

Thank you

Thank you for helpful and amusing replies! It is broaching clown territory but I think canman hit the nail on the head there: it's more that she doesn't know how to apply it well and also uses far too much. A course would do her good. That book also looks great, thank you arthurwait. Do you know how to find it in Thai language?

Thank you

Afraid not. Think it's English only but has enough pictures, will have to check the wifes.

My wife wears very little makeup at my request. She is constantly told 'you beauty lady, why no makeup?' (wife's translation). She once lost an earring and wondered why she was getting strange glances. I of course didn't notice. And finally, she lost weight to please me, now she gets told she looked better before. She looks fine to me. External pressure to conform is stronger here than many people think.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Tell her, if she is wearing it for you, there is no need, if shes not wearing it for you then who is she wearing it for ? as she doesnt need to improve what is already beautiful, and just think of the money and hassle she could save herself.

Anyone would think that by getting married, a woman takes some kind of unspoken oath to look how her husband wants her to look . . . or else.

Women make themselves up for the admiration of other women, not men.

Might not seem logical but their opinions are far more important than that of a man.

• Like 2

IMO there is no such thing as Too Much Makeup, just badly applied makeup. As already said, give her a book on how to do it properly, or pay for her to do a course.

As an example of well applied makeup, the Kardashians have it sussed, if you need an idea.

BTW, not just a Thai thing. My western ex would never go outside without putting on her face first.

• Like 1

Anyone would think that by getting married, a woman takes some kind of unspoken oath to look how her husband wants her to look . . . or else.

Might not seem logical but their opinions are far more important than that of a man.

Or they dress/ makeup for their own satisfaction, not that of others, male or female.

Tell her "there is no need to run after the bus once you have caught it "

I think 'ole Charles has nailed it.

Most likely the make-up is not applied for you.

The woman's social pressure from her peers is something we rarely experience.

• Like 1

Or they dress/ makeup for their own satisfaction, not that of others, male or female.

girls learn at an early age, what gets guys and other girls to look at them'

they need this energy feed back, we do not as they never get over their insecurities

regardless of what they say, they are never doing it for us

it is always for the looks of acceptance and attractiveness they receive from the external world, whatever and however that is defined, asd we will never truly know what the heck goes on in their minds, ever

• Like 1

Be just a bit devious. Suggest that you have been told that most make up isn't made in Thailand Because many farlang women want to go brown - the manufacturers of most brands, including hers put a long term 'browning' agent in the makeup. So over time her skin will get darker.

• Like 1

Be just a bit devious. Suggest that you have been told that most make up isn't made in Thailand Because many farlang women want to go brown - the manufacturers of most brands, including hers put a long term 'browning' agent in the makeup. So over time her skin will get darker.

So, you are advocating lying to one's significant other, plus you are assuming she's stupid enough to believe it. Doesn't seem very nice to me.

BTW the stunning models that they are putting on the "dating" ads on this thread are positively drool inducing. Wonder how many blokes actually believe that girls like that would be willing to go live with them in their grotty bedsits back "home".

Edited by thaibeachlovers