Obtaining a copy of lost UK naturalisation certificate

My UK passport will expire in early July and I am trying to renew it in time. Please help!

I hit a snag because I can not find my naturalisation certificate. So I submitted an application for a duplicate, accepted by UK Border Agency on the 20th of February and fees deducted on the 27th of February. It is now 2 months later and still no sign of the document.

I’ve tried to contact them by email and got only a generic reply. Tried phoning and just get a “call again later” message. I noticed that they ask not to contact them before 6 months have passed!!

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to process this application and when I can expect to receive the document?

Should I just go ahead and submit my passport renewal form in the meantime and try email the details about the certificate to them later?

Any advice appreciated.

I am sure that as this is a renewal and not your first passport that you do not need to include your naturalisation certificate.

From page 11 of the guide:

I am renewing an adult passport. What supporting documents do I need to send?

Please send us your current passport and two photos. You will not normally need to provide extra supporting documents.

If unsure, you can contact the passport advice line (scroll down the page) to ask.

If you use the post office check and send service, they will check the application and all supporting documents are complete before sending the application to the passport office. Note, though, that you cannot use this if you apply online.

Thank you 7by7 for the help. I just need the details from the certificate (number, date of issue, place of issue).as this is required for the passport application. I managed to get through to the Border Agency helpline and they gave me new number at the Home Office for nationality enquiries. I'm trying to contact them first.

If that fails, I'll try the passport helpline and ask what I should do.

Thanks again for the reply.

• 5 months later...