Insurance for Harley Davidson and other questions

My insurance policy covers theft under the comprehensive part of the policy.

Not much market for stolen HD's in LOS as the market is quite small and everybody knows everybody else more or less.

The words travels quickly if there is one stolen, and in 9 years I have not heard of this happening.

I keep full coverage, but the payout if totaled is around 80% of value.

• Like 1

For a 750K baht Road King 2002 I paid 22K baht per year, that was app. 3 years ago.

You will off-course pay more for a more expensive bike and less for a lesser one.

This will give you peace in mind not so much for getting it stolen as many are not stolen but what about if a non insured old pick-up truck clip you.

Don't forget bail bond too, more peace in mind so it's a no brainer really.

If you can afford a Harley you can afford a 1st class insurance too.

For a 750K baht Road King 2002 I paid 22K baht per year, that was app. 3 years ago.

You will off-course pay more for a more expensive bike and less for a lesser one.

This will give you peace in mind not so much for getting it stolen as many are not stolen but what about if a non insured old pick-up truck clip you.

Don't forget bail bond too, more peace in mind so it's a no brainer really.

If you can afford a Harley you can afford a 1st class insurance too.

that is pretty cheap, is it first class?

Yes, First Class. Collision, Comprehensive which includes Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Medical with private room.

Bail assistance.

5000 Baht deductible.

MLG Consulting Service Pattaya

Try AA Insurance also

Yes, First Class. Collision, Comprehensive which includes Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Medical with private room.

Bail assistance.

5000 Baht deductible.

Try AA Insurance also

Do they insure bikes over 3yrs old?

Do they pay up without delay if there's a wreckage?

Variaya refused me insurance on a late 2009 ninja 650abs because it was " too old" in 2011/2012

And that was at their hq in bkk..

Bail assistance.

5000 Baht deductible.

Try AA Insurance also

Variaya refused me insurance on a late 2009 ninja 650abs because it was " too old" in 2011/2012

wow that is crazy, i mean only 3 years old bike? Do they insure only new bikes?

Bail assistance.

5000 Baht deductible.

Try AA Insurance also

wow that is crazy, i mean only 3 years old bike? Do they insure only new bikes?

the package i got was 14,000 at real motorsports ( between ramkamheng 146-148 on the main road )

it pays 80% if stolen in year one

only 60% if stolen in year two

in the third year they didnt even want to insure it for some ridiculous reason )

Do they think the life of big bike is two years or something ? :)

I bought my 2003 Heritage Softail Classic in 2008. I used AA Insurance (mainly because they were a TV sponsor, and partly because I didn't know of any other reputable places as most of my friends apparently don't bother with insurance at all).

At the time I estimated my bike to be worth about 750k. The 1st class insurance package was quoted at around 22k/year. I was told that that rate would essentially stay the same indefinitely unless there was a change in the value of the bike. (I guess if I decide the bike isn't worth 750k anymore, I could get it valued/insured for less. By the same token, having added/replaced many parts, and being it's an "anniversary edition" model, I could estimate it's value higher and end up paying more for the insurance).

Been 6 years now and it doesn't appear the rate has changed (not significantly at least, though I haven't actually looked at the exact cost year by year it is still around 22k).

I bought my 2003 Heritage Softail Classic in 2008. I used AA Insurance (mainly because they were a TV sponsor, and partly because I didn't know of any other reputable places as most of my friends apparently don't bother with insurance at all).

At the time I estimated my bike to be worth about 750k. The 1st class insurance package was quoted at around 22k/year. I was told that that rate would essentially stay the same indefinitely unless there was a change in the value of the bike. (I guess if I decide the bike isn't worth 750k anymore, I could get it valued/insured for less. By the same token, having added/replaced many parts, and being it's an "anniversary edition" model, I could estimate it's value higher and end up paying more for the insurance).

Been 6 years now and it doesn't appear the rate has changed (not significantly at least, though I haven't actually looked at the exact cost year by year it is still around 22k).

Dont they have no claim bonus/discount?

My tokio marine insurance is more than 10 percent less every year if you do not claim anything.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app