Nepali man arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport with 7 mil baht of Ketamine

webfact

Seven million baht worth of drugs seized at Suvarnabhumi Airport

SAMUT PRAKAN, 28 April 2014 (NNT) – Suvarnabhumi International Airport’s Customs Bureau has seized seven million baht worth of ketamine, while Don Mueang Airport has confiscated 3.3 kilograms of crystal meth, also known as “ya ice”.

Suvarnabhumi Airport authorities discovered more than two kilograms of ketamine hidden in a luggage that belonged to a Nepali passenger travelling from India. The smuggler confessed that he had been paid 1,500 US dollars or 45,000 baht to hand the bag to another Nepali man in Bangkok.

Another arrest took place at Don Mueang Airport, where 3.3 kilograms of crystal meth worth around 1.2 million baht were confiscated. A female culprit identified as a Thai national said she had recently been released from jail in Argentina and couldn’t find a job.

She then decided to smuggle the drugs for a man in China who had paid her 2,000 US dollars or approximately 60,000 baht to do so, adding that the drugs were destined for central Bangkok.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-28 footer_n.gif

Couldn't find a job?

In a country with 7-11's and Tesco-Lotat's on every corner, with a new set minumum wage in place.

No, she was a lazy moron who wanted money for nothing.

Enjoy 80 other women watching you deficate in a bucket everyday for the next xx amount of years.

ketamine is hardly the scariest drug around, just medicine, government controlled monopoly of course

I have heard it has medicinal qualities....just like that other innocuous drug, PCP.

If you are too young to know, ask any old-timers from the 70's about what a friendly drug that was.

I remember guys jumping off rooftops thinking they could fly.

Cheers

I was on Ketamine for a medical procedure. Doctors did a biopsy near my heart. I wanted to get knocked out completely (no one really wants to be awake when a really long needle pierces your chest next to your heart). Couldn't be knocked out because I had to be semi conscious to control breathing. So ketamine mixed with Versed it was. I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to take Ketamine for recreation...unless your idea of fun is having hallucinations and out of body experiences.

ketamine is hardly the scariest drug around, just medicine, government controlled monopoly of course

I have heard it has medicinal qualities....just like that other innocuous drug, PCP.

If you are too young to know, ask any old-timers from the 70's about what a friendly drug that was.

I remember guys jumping off rooftops thinking they could fly.

Cheers

Both drugs have similarities in that their main use is as a veterinary anaesthetic, though I don't believe PCP is still available. I'm actually wondering when Methaqualone (Mandrex in the UK, Qualudes in the US) is going to make a reappearance, produces similar effects. As for ketamine not being the "scariest" drug around, I think that when it comes to recreational use a lot of professionals would disagree, anaesthetic drugs like ketamine are very much dose/weight related.

Speed freaks speeding death and destruction on Thai roads, High flyers behind the wheel target high way flyovers as there main illusion thrill playing ground.

Stoned, drunk, high on, or just playing dumb.........cars and drugs is a lethal cocktail.

Moral of the story?

There ain't no 'safe' drugs, Thailand is uncontrolled and sometimes out of controle when it comes to intoxication and road safety!

• Like 1

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to take Ketamine for recreation...unless your idea of fun is having hallucinations and out of body experiences.

Bingo

HAHAHAHA, this nearly made me spit my morning OJ out. Hmm why would anybody want to have a unique out of body almost spiritual experience? I always personally saw it as a condiment with regards to recreational drug use, take it with MDMA or LSD, but it can be fun by itself, although very very strange.

I actually had a conversation with a doctor about this. He had been in Europe (and the name of the drug he was talking about I forgot) but were we having a discussion about how in Europe he talked to people who were administered the drug and they were talking about how spiritual it was, but in America people (given the same anesthetic) were unwilling to talk about their experience. So the gist of the conversation was whether it was a cultural thing.

Having being administered Ketamine, yes, I get what you mean about spiritual experience. I guess I like spiritual experiences as much as the next guy, but this was not alot of fun. It's one thing if I'm wandering through the desert with Jim Morrison looking for a bald headed indian, but I'm strapped down to a gurney in a Ct scanner dousing me with radiation while a machine with a needle at the end punctures my chest...that is really not the time for it.

• Like 1

I actually had a conversation with a doctor about this. He had been in Europe (and the name of the drug he was talking about I forgot) but were we having a discussion about how in Europe he talked to people who were administered the drug and they were talking about how spiritual it was, but in America people (given the same anesthetic) were unwilling to talk about their experience. So the gist of the conversation was whether it was a cultural thing.

Having being administered Ketamine, yes, I get what you mean about spiritual experience. I guess I like spiritual experiences as much as the next guy, but this was not alot of fun. It's one thing if I'm wandering through the desert with Jim Morrison looking for a bald headed indian, but I'm strapped down to a gurney in a Ct scanner dousing me with radiation while a machine with a needle at the end punctures my chest...that is really not the time for it.

Yes set and setting is quite important, I guess if it is in a clinical hospital type place with people standing around you and things are very serious, then it could go South quite easily. I have had some negative times on ketamie, but that sometimes happens with mind altering substances. It is the fact that people cannot handle that their reality is being distorted into something else, it is alien and scary to them. I have never had IV ketamine so I would not know what that is like in comparison to the crystals

Edited by Tom420

Never tried outside of hospital (and don't intend to, and even in hospital I will avoid if at all possible) but I can say that direct intravenous is an immediate and instantaneous ass kicking. One second you're having a normal conversation, once the drug hits the blood stream you have lost your perception of reality.