Arrest warrants sought for two key suspects in red-shirt poet's murder

webfact

Arrest warrants sought for two key suspects in red-shirt poet's murder
The Nation

30232564-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- At least two people were involved in the April 23 killing of red-shirt poet Kamol "Mainueng Kor Kuntee" Duangphasuk, a senior police officer said yesterday.

Police were also trying to find out the motive behind the killing - if it was a personal conflict, or if it had something to do with the late poet's political campaigns, national police deputy chief Pol General Aek Angsananont said.

Arrest warrants for the two suspects were to be confirmed later yesterday after the case investigators met, he said, adding police were checking to see if the sketches made from eyewitness accounts matched the two people captured in security camera footage.

Judging from the attack, reported area scouting and victim stalking, he said police believed a team of more than two people carried out this killing.

Meanwhile, Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha dismissed reports that Kamol was on the Army's blacklist, saying that such allegations should be backed by evidence and urged people to not link the Army to any particular side because the armed forces were duty-bound to take care of all sides.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-30

Is this a BIB reconstruction without any suspects there to explain what happened ?

How many times have we heard that CCTV images are available and how many times are arrests made ?

I seem to remember a very clear picture of someone throwing a hand grenade but ... ?

• Like 1

"....if it was a personal conflict, or if it had something to do with the late poet's political campaigns," or perhaps very sincere poetry critics.

Disclaimer - I have never read any Thai poetry, let alone that of the deceased. However, I suspect that a red shirt poet's work might just be worse than that of the Vogons.

Here is a link to his obituary which contains one of his poems about the red shirts.

Excerpt from article:

In 2003, under the administration of then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Kamol was a committee member of Pan Wanfah Award, an award for political literature given by the Thai parliament. The committee members were composed mostly of red-shirt poets. The Award was criticized as biased toward the reds.

http://prachatai.com/english/node/3932

That's an anachronism because there were no "red shirts" in 2003. I'm guessing it means pro-govt poets, although there wasn't such a great polarization at that point. There was no significant anti-govt movement and most of the BKK middle class were firmly pro-Thaksin. Didn't realize there was such a big divide in the poetry world back then between pro and anti-govt poets but perhaps they were just a few years ahead of everyone else...

• Like 1

That poetry is terrible ! I guess it may sound better in Thai. He got one thing right though, ''violence violence violence'' Yep, the red shirts were very violent in 2010 and I guess a lot of them still are judging from the deaths to their opposition thus far. We all know Ko Tee loves violence, the reds are training their militia for the violence they hope to bring soon etc etc.....detritus !

It is good to see that the police are doing such a good job. How are they doing on finding the children murderer? OH! yes how about the murder of 2400 people during the drug crackdown? The two attempted assassination attempts of the former PM?

• Like 1

Is this a BIB reconstruction without any suspects there to explain what happened ?

How many times have we heard that CCTV images are available and how many times are arrests made ?

I seem to remember a very clear picture of someone throwing a hand grenade but ... ?

There was a photo, published elsewhere, showing the bullet holes in the windshield with plastic 'pointers' showing the angle at which the bullets entered the car. Presumably from this information, combined with the caliber of the bullets and nature of their impact, they can calculate roughly how far away the shooter must have been and the angle at which he was holding the gun.

There was a photo, published elsewhere, showing the bullet holes in the windshield with plastic 'pointers' showing the angle at which the bullets entered the car. Presumably from this information, combined with the caliber of the bullets and nature of their impact, they can calculate roughly how far away the shooter must have been and the angle at which he was holding the gun.

From that they were able to determine the shooter was a 4 foot midget shooting with arms extended, or a 6 footer shooting from the hip.

Fortunately the BIB were able to ask who shot him before he died. He said it was some guy with a gun.

Edited by JRSoul

hope they catch them...but then i hope they catch all murderers but lets not get choosy about who we go after eh....thats one of the reasons people despise the bib/dsi...selective manhunts discusting..nothing about the children..not even an update to at least make people think they actually want to catch them..coffee1.gif

They don't want to catch them, and at the moment the police have a 100% success record in arresting anyone who harms a red shirt in about 4 incidents I believe and over 150 attacks on PDRC/PCAD protesters ending in over 20 murders, and their record is 0%...

Basically it is as plain as the nose on your face.

Anyway, I couldn't give a rats if they do or don't get them... This guy was no more than a red shirt terrorist who was firmly in cahoots with none other than Ko Tee, and by Ko Tee's own admission he was involved in many underground campaigns of which some were successful.... and we all know what Ko Tee means by underground campaigns.... Murder and attempted murder.

Also my wife has listened to some of his red poems and she confirms this guy was no better than the vilest in the red ranks and called for violence constantly and incited violence.

In my opinion, this dirtbag is off the street and that can only be better for Thailand.

To all you red lot.... spare me the croc tears.

They will be along shortly, just waiting on instructions / info to start the spin and you can bet there will be lots of red tears and it won't be blood.

Standard procedure of the Royal Thai Police: to warn the suspects in advance before the arrest. Specially if they are friends

What a ridiculous statement. If they were going to warn a friend they'd call him/her on the quiet. Posturing like this and statements to the press are designed to show the public they are actually doing something (in their minds anyway).

• Like 1

Standard procedure of the Royal Thai Police: to warn the suspects in advance before the arrest. Specially if they are friends

What a ridiculous statement. If they were going to warn a friend they'd call him/her on the quiet. Posturing like this and statements to the press are designed to show the public they are actually doing something (in their minds anyway).

What is so ridiculous about that statement, Nothing because it's the truth ...

"....if it was a personal conflict, or if it had something to do with the late poet's political campaigns," or perhaps very sincere poetry critics.

Disclaimer - I have never read any Thai poetry, let alone that of the deceased. However, I suspect that a red shirt poet's work might just be worse than that of the Vogons.

Here is a link to his obituary which contains one of his poems about the red shirts.

Excerpt from article:

In 2003, under the administration of then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Kamol was a committee member of Pan Wanfah Award, an award for political literature given by the Thai parliament. The committee members were composed mostly of red-shirt poets. The Award was criticized as biased toward the reds.

That's an anachronism because there were no "red shirts" in 2003. I'm guessing it means pro-govt poets, although there wasn't such a great polarization at that point. There was no significant anti-govt movement and most of the BKK middle class were firmly pro-Thaksin. Didn't realize there was such a big divide in the poetry world back then between pro and anti-govt poets but perhaps they were just a few years ahead of everyone else...

There was no big divide as such, more like the old guard of the so-called artist being a closed club not giving younger generation much chance to break through (to some extent, still holds true). Support for Thaksin wasn't that high among this group, and he studied at Silpakorn's Nakhon Pathom campus.

Throwing one's lot with Thaksin (and later, the red-shirts) can be seen as either a calculated move, or as wish to be some sort of non-conformist hero, or perhaps on true belief. Whatever suits you. Could be a bit of all.

Edited by Morch

Excerpt from article:

He made his living from a small restaurant, called the Duck Poet Society, serving duck dishes.

Oh dear....

I know why you say that. It is because he is a red shirt. so that makes you a suthep lover all the way.

hope they catch them...but then i hope they catch all murderers but lets not get choosy about who we go after eh....thats one of the reasons people despise the bib/dsi...selective manhunts discusting..nothing about the children..not even an update to at least make people think they actually want to catch them..coffee1.gif

They don't want to catch them, and at the moment the police have a 100% success record in arresting anyone who harms a red shirt in about 4 incidents I believe and over 150 attacks on PDRC/PCAD protesters ending in over 20 murders, and their record is 0%...

Anyway, I couldn't give a rats if they do or don't get them... This guy was no more than a red shirt terrorist who was firmly in cahoots with none other than Ko Tee, and by Ko Tee's own admission he was involved in many underground campaigns of which some were successful.... and we all know what Ko Tee means by underground campaigns.... Murder and attempted murder.

Also my wife has listened to some of his red poems and she confirms this guy was no better than the vilest in the red ranks and called for violence constantly and incited violence.

In my opinion, this dirtbag is off the street and that can only be better for Thailand.

They have not arrested suthep yet. And there are many warrents on him out there. So now what have you got to say??????????

What is so ridiculous about that statement, Nothing because it's the truth ...

So what you're saying is that a policeman's friend is going to be arrested and rather than just call the friend to warn him on the quiet the policeman calls a newspaper to tell them to write a story telling people in the hope his mate reads the article? That's what's ridiculous about the statement

I know why you say that. It is because he is a red shirt. so that makes you a suthep lover all the way.

You mean that you read and liked his poems?

I don't think you need worry about tears. "All us red lot" are well aware of your fervent belief that slaughtering as many people who disagree with the views you hold as is possible, is the way out of Thailand's present political dispute!

He is after all only a "dirt bag". I seem to recall he was a " dirt bag" with a couple of young children, now without a father. Never mind, at least they won't grow up listening to this "vilest in the red ranks".

What a bright new sunlit world you would have us inhabit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG