Vegetarian or scene in Chiang Mai

BugJackBaron

Hey everyone. I Haven't been to Chiang Mai in many years but when I was there as a tourist there was an interesting Vegetarian / Juice place and health food store just in the inner city across from a bookstore I think. Some vegetarian women ran it. Is it still there?

What about places like we have here - believe it or not - that offer "detox" juice treatments at expensive prices ? Or in nearby Pai?

I am not talking about junk vegetarian stuff here like noodles and other carbs but healthy alternatives like eggplant , goat milk and other, unfortunately more expensive, options.

Cheers.

"there was an interesting Vegetarian / Juice place and health food store just in the inner city across from a bookstore I think."

Yes, it is still there - on Rachamanka road near Moon Muang Road - and a carbon copy with a Western owner has moved in across the street as well. They have wheatgrass juice, vegetarian food and lots of other stuff.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Is there any science behind these detox drinks?

I find the best regimen is to:

Consistently eat slightly less than you feel like eating and to eat only small amounts of meat. It's ok to be a glutton once in a while, but not too often.

And

Fast once a week. To address any hunger pangs, eat the occasional handful of grapes. Drink plenty of warm water throughout the day.

T

Hey everyone. I Haven't been to Chiang Mai in many years but when I was there as a tourist there was an interesting Vegetarian / Juice place and health food store just in the inner city across from a bookstore I think. Some vegetarian women ran it. Is it still there?

What about places like we have here - believe it or not - that offer "detox" juice treatments at expensive prices ? Or in nearby Pai?

I am not talking about junk vegetarian stuff here like noodles and other carbs but healthy alternatives like eggplant , goat milk and other, unfortunately more expensive, options.

Cheers.

Goat milk and wheatgrass juice. Sounds really disgusting!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Anyone can find science to support whatever they want to do. Personal choices... Nothing worse than people evangelising and being snobs about whatever preferences they have...