150 million baht worth of assets seized from a disc jockey by ONCB

Lite Beer

150 million baht worth of assets seized from a disc jockey by ONCB

9bc339191a211fec-wpcf_728x413.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- The Office of the Narcotics Control Board has ordered the seizure of about 150 million baht worth of assets from a wellknown disc jockey in Chiang Mai after he was arrested in April together with 292,000 methamphitamine tablets.

Mr Anan Jaiwan who also owns a car audio shop said to be the largest in Phrao district, Chiang Mai, reportedly confessed to police that he decided to get involved in drug trafficking because he could not pay his creditor bank for the loan he took to invest in car audio business.

He also said that he took four shipments of drugs in April. He was stopped at a checkpint in Chaiprakarn district on April 4. A search of his car found over 140 bundles of methamphetamine pills hidden in a spare tyre and a specially-built compartment under the car.

Altogether 248 items of assets and properties were seized from Mr Anan. They include 5 units of shophouse worth about 35 million baht; 60 million baht worth of lamyai plantation, teak forest and sand dredging business; 35 million baht worth of car audios and accessories, eight vehicles worth 15 million baht and a radio station.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/150-million-baht-worth-assets-seized-disc-jockey-oncb/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=150-million-baht-worth-assets-seized-disc-jockey-oncb

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-03

The more they advertise how much these guys make from dealing in meth , the more attractive it is to boneheads to copy and to take the risk. And the smarter ones know the more money you make ,the safer you are by being able to drop cash into certain peoples pockets. Safe that is until you piss some bigger bozo off.

Ok!!! ok!!! I know it makes the Narcotics cops or the BIB look like they doing something and it will also keep them in business..

Police seize drug suspect's assets worth Bt150m
The Sunday Nation

30232847-01_big.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- Up to Bt150 million worth of assets in Chiang Mai's Phrao district belonging to drug suspect Anan Jaiwan have been seized, police told the press yesterday.

Deputy National Police chief Pol General Pongsapat Pongcharoen, who is also secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), and related senior officials announced the asset seizure after Anan was arrested in Chai Prakan district along with 292,000 'yaba' pills on April 4.

Anan, who is also show host on Phrao community radio, reportedly confessed to transporting drugs at least four times before. He said he trafficked drugs because he needed money to pay off the loan he took to finance his automobile sound system business.

Separately, police manning a checkpoint in Nong Khai's Muang district arrested two men in their 20s with some 800,000 'yaba' pills in their car yesterday morning. They were allegedly hired to smuggle the narcotics from Laos to Nakhon Sawan in exchange for Bt200,000.

Meanwhile, police arrested four men with 22,000 'yaba' pills and three guns in Songkhla's Saba Yoi district yesterday during a raid in tambon Than Khiri. One suspect, Tuwaemuhammad-nase Sureng, 52, reportedly confessed to owning the drugs.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-04

Haven't heard of them confiscating everything like this before.

Chump Change.

Do a Google Search. Feburury 2013 a local ex of a very successful and respected business man was arrested for murder and all assets seized as money was gotten from drugs. At the time seized assets at over 1 BILLION BAHT.facepalm.gif

Take all of his money and assets and his dog too from him the scumbag...

note to police, if you have found 150, keep looking there must be more

under other relatives and friends names...

So let me get this straight, this guy is worth over 150 million baht and tried selling drugs to pay off his bank loan. How big was the loan ( article gives no indication ). Any normal person would just sell a car or one of the houses or something to pay the loan off. I would call this guy insanely stupid, but he must be smarter than me since he is worth 150 million baht more than I am.....I guess greed got the better of him.

• Like 1

He will have to do a few more drug runs now to recoup some of that 150Million Baht assets, hope they use money to build some drug rehab clinics, they should have given him the death sentence to set a good example to other drug dealers, I am sure his old customers will be well looked after by the next in line drug dealer.