Cooking Gas Prices

JAS21

My wife just re- ordered a 15 Kg bottle of cooking gas. The shop said 410Baht, maybe 4 months ago we previously re-ordered and she thinks the price was 320 or 330Baht. We have used this supplier for years. The supplier is in Pakkret, I understand that delivery is free.

This is the going price now? I thought that the price rise was going to be 50 satang/Kg/month for the next few months.

Edited by JAS21

80 baht increase.

Over 4 month usage.

If that is breaking the bank????

Thank you Mr Hedgehog, or should I suggest Mr Prickly whistling.gif Actually that's getting close to a 25% rise in 4 months. And now that you have made me think about it, I realize that it's costing nearly 25Baht a week in cooking gas alone.sad.png As I don't cook and my wife leaves nearly all the cooking to our Maid, we will have to ask her to be a little more frugal with the gas.

Actually, I now see a guy in the CM forum mentioning the rise in cooking gas prices. So it's nationwide ... ah well life goes on, I hope so anyway.

After I opened this topic, I 'googled' and found that 400 Baht was about the going rate for that size bottle, prices apparently went up on 1st May.

Expect everything to go up as the Thai economy plummets and plummets even more when the full extend of the Shins mess is revealed.

It's the Thai way, business goes down, up the prices.

Gas price has probably gone up now someone will tell me. biggrin.png