information on snooker sports club

cmbrstefan

Hi there,

Am Stefan New to the forum and need some answers from locals in Pattaya or even travelers.

I am here now for about 16 years and thinking of opening something other than bar disco restaurant.

I love the sports of snooker and picked up the sports seriously. Unfortunate all clubs (big ones) in Pattaya are run purely on tables only some in good and many in bad conditions.

I realistic see only Thais in there as foreigners (I hate the word faring) might be a bit scared of in these places.

So I was thinking as I got a good offer on a club in Pattaya. (A bit off to the dark side) to make it a snooker sports club with seating proper snooker tables and a great one in a private room. (Thais on the lower side should be scared of a little). No I will not make it a pool bar with little tables but might have one in there.

So I am hoping to have some info how well the sport is on the foreigner side around the area.

Thank you.

As I really want to open this club

The best of luck to you - as I think you will need it.

I think there was a club some years ago just off walking street on the left just past Rolling Live as you walked towards Bali Hai - I enquired and it was very expensive. I don't think it survived but not been up that way recently?

It is a nice idea but personally I would also not make a special journey out to the darkside just to play snooker - there would need to be other attractions...

I would say your target market (snooker playing ex-pats) is shrinking, so I would leave well alone unless you can afford to lose your investment if things don't work out. It's a shame snooker isn't popular with our Russian comrades or you could be looking at a very good return. You may have heard of Russia's best known snooker player: Inoff the Red. Then again....

• Like 1

Snooker is not as hot in Thailand as it was back in the days with James Wattana was #3 in the world, and snooker tourneys were being shown often on Thai TV. Pool, on the little tables, is the thing now in Thailand, with the successful opening of Legends testifying to that.

Most Thai guys seem happy enough playing snooker on crappy outdoor tables, where they can drink, smoke and bash balls around the tables.

I'm no expert, but IMHO a quality snooker venue on the dark side would really struggle, and could fail.

Maybe you could talk with the guys who own Legends, to get insights on what it takes to succeed in this tough town.

Thailien8 : interesting. Good that I know read and speak thai fluently. You always get deeper information on the subject. Due that thailand don't have that many players and China is catching up on that. They are now trying to get the population to play more on this sport. They barbecue makers in thailand that are known. Jimmy white has one of the maximum cues.

Gambling is more the fact of the game here.But that is due that they don't know the fact that they can make slicing making it a profession. I should have more information soon. But calculating the overhead is a lot on a club if you don't own the property so we decided to have a school. Both for pool and snooker. To improve the current level of the game for both Thais and foreign. As we will have a master coach (world master from Ireland) with us. Procedure affordable and tables will be untouched from daily club play as it will be open as only a school.

That would be more interesting to do on the grounds of the dark side.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 7.5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pattaya does need a club where everyone can play Snooker be it locals, ex-pats or holiday makers on tables with a medium weight cloth that is ironed and brushed everyday and with Genuine Super Aramith Crystalate Snooker balls wai.gif