Appalled by Customer Service at Tesco Lotus over a wheelchair

No. For making my wife suffer because they felt she was not disabled enough to have a wheelchair.

Anyway after reliving the event i'm really kicking myself for not following through with an official complaint to Tesco PLC. But like many have pointed out a farang on a tourist visa trying to sue a Thai company for being rude, sounds like the start of a bad joke.

I told many people about it at the time, I can prove that I was at the hospital on that day and also have ATM banking records of being in the shopping center, i'm sure there is some sort of CCTV even going back that far, maybe it is worth putting some sort of case together.

You seriously think they'll still have 10 month old CCTV files available? What are you going to sue them for? Being rude?

Good luck with that.

There were a few complications with the birth due to my sons position in the womb, took my wife a long time to recover and she was in a lot of pain. I am just saying an apology would really nice, some napppys and baby milk would be even better.

No. For making my wife suffer because they felt she was not disabled enough to have a wheelchair.

Anyway after reliving the event i'm really kicking myself for not following through with an official complaint to Tesco PLC. But like many have pointed out a farang on a tourist visa trying to sue a Thai company for being rude, sounds like the start of a bad joke.

I told many people about it at the time, I can prove that I was at the hospital on that day and also have ATM banking records of being in the shopping center, i'm sure there is some sort of CCTV even going back that far, maybe it is worth putting some sort of case together.

You seriously think they'll still have 10 month old CCTV files available? What are you going to sue them for? Being rude?

Hahaha thanks. Sued is probably the wrong word, I meant more a long the lines of an out of court settlement in exchange for not going to the press when im back in the UK next month.

Blackmail is not really my style though, I will await there apology and frame it.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.

thailand is not the uk , someone got a cockroach in a mc thai donalds ice cream and they didnt even get an apology

never mind a payment although mcdonalds didnt even deny there was a cockroach in the ice cream they served

even if there is cctv of this incident ,do you think the manager would not delete it before the whole thing goes public ??

Thats a bit harsh, but I suppose its about time for the "I would have dealt with everything so much better" comments.

As I mentioned in my initial message PiPiFfs I was completely against going to the shop in the first place. I said lets just just go home and get this stuff later, you just get to bed and rest. My wife said she was starving and she needs to get loads of stuff for the baby, I said okay assuming that would be able to get a wheel chair. I actually said in the car, "we will get a wheelchair with one of those baskets" I don't appreciate you turning this around and making me out to be at fault, but whatever.

If you read the post I only sent an email to some guy who was mentioned by another poster, all I basically said to him is that I am appalled by how Tesco is represented out here, mentioned the fact that we don't shop there anymore as a result and the fact that I would appreciate an apology.

No offence intended Arnold but in my eyes the only one making your wife suffer was you. If I had been in your situation and the wife insisted on stopping to get some things then she wouldn't have left the taxi. I would have got what she wanted and brought it back to the taxi and gone home. No way on earth would I get a woman who has just had a complicated birth / operation wander round Tesco to shop. Even if they had given you the wheelchair just getting into the shop would be too much for me.

As said waiting 10 months to complain isn't going to do you any favours and I am pretty sure the guy in the UK you emailed will be in no position to to anything at all. You are just wasting your time and need to get over it and move on mate.

sorry.gif

NanLaew, on 21 May 2014 - 18:28, said:NanLaew, on 21 May 2014 - 18:28, said:

What is it with all these recent posts from punters relating events that happened ages ago and 'still seething'?

It's the let's "hate Tesco" week.

Edited by Vacuum

Anyway,when I wrote this I was not really fussed about making a complaint to Tesco.. My thoughts were more around what was going through the guys head to make him say "No"? Was he just being spiteful and abusing his power? Or did he think that we were going to joyride around the shop? I just don't understand people sometimes. It seemed almost sadistic at the time like maybe the guy got some sort of kick out of it.

WOOOOSSSSAAAAAAAAA (rub ears) angry.gif

Amazing. According to the Tesco staff member if you walk into the store you obviously don't need a wheel chair so, I guess if you can't walk you would have your own wheel chair. Why bother having wheel chairs available with that logic?

It was probably in his training. Customer may only be supplied with a wheel chair if they enter the shop face down on for floor dragging your dead lifeless limbs behind them.

Amazing. According to the Tesco staff member if you walk into the store you obviously don't need a wheel chair so, I guess if you can't walk you would have your own wheel chair. Why bother having wheel chairs available with that logic?