International community slams coup

So not only do the yellows on here support a coup they take the opportunity off a bit of good old fashion thai bashing

You should be condemning dictatorship Not condoning it!

we are condoning a future dictatorship....a criminal one....thats why were not red!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given the International Community's track record, I'd say the military can pretty much ignore any hot air coming from that direction and do what is best for Thailand.

Can you think of any country where the military of that country has done what is best for the country?

• Like 2

You know what they all can't be wrong.

Take note of the overwhelming cry for democracy and elections ASAP.

It's about time that the elite yellows will just have accept the will of the thai people and not spit the dummy every time they get rolled at elections.

We all know the PTP will win in a landslide so the yellows should be asking themselves what can we do win over the people.

The coup is costing the Thais a lot of money and future possible investment and maybe soon even lives.

In a fair election with democrats standing in the north on equal terms they would be very close even with Thaksins bribery and corruption. But democrats are not allowed to stand - funny how the international community doesn't comment on that - do all countries in the west take their orders from Thaksin?

Maybe if they were invited over to witness peaceful men women and children protestors being blown up and shot on a daily basis they'd change their minds!!

Was it not the Democrats that prevented candidates from registering and voters from voting? Am I missing something?

• Like 1

What are the world's options...say nothing (not going to happen)...say...good for you Thailand...another military coup...(not)...so they have to say they are disappointed in the military taking over the gov't...but truth be know...they do not really give a shXt...

• Like 1

It's about time that the elite yellows will just have accept the will of the thai people and not spit the dummy every time they get rolled at elections.

We all know the PTP will win in a landslide so the yellows should be asking themselves what can we do win over the people.

The coup is costing the Thais a lot of money and future possible investment and maybe soon even lives.

after a massive reform, PTP will be history in the minds of Thais ...

You are living in a dream state. Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them. The cycle is perpetuated, not stopped by a coup.

• Like 2

is there another banana republic except in africa, that has seen more military coups ?

time for the US to invade here, just need a good excuse ?

free the 200.000 forced prostitutes ?

• Like 1

In a fair election with democrats standing in the north on equal terms they would be very close even with Thaksins bribery and corruption. But democrats are not allowed to stand - funny how the international community doesn't comment on that - do all countries in the west take their orders from Thaksin?

Maybe if they were invited over to witness peaceful men women and children protestors being blown up and shot on a daily basis they'd change their minds!!

Have you ever been to the south? only difference is that the dems pay 2000 baht not 500 through their bribery and corruption, and if you think it doesn't happen you are completely wrong, i've seen it with my own eyes.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Every developed country in the world and the majority of the country know what's happening. It's basically the entire world versus the Bangkok elites on this issue.

You are correct michael thumbsup.gif Should this military takeover continue through the summer without the hope for free elections at least by this fall then Thailand could not only face a disasterous tourist season next winter, but business sanctions from the United Nations and other individual countries as well. This is all in addition to the drying up of any international investment in the Kingdom as well as foreign investors pulling the plug on current projects and bailing on Thai stocks sad.png One bleak future possibility for Thailand would be that it becomes reliant primarily on China and gets thrust back into third world status as a vassel state of China. I think that some of these generals are looking at each other right now and asking "what the hell did we get ourselves into here"?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

yep and the Americans historically have done the region so much good , i' m thinking korea, vietnam, I' m sure they'll be sorely missed.

Thank you Will Durant for that cutting historical observation. A. Korea was almost overrun by north Korea 98% it was a UN action that the US had to be involved in. Looks like the side we helped benefited greatly from our intervention North Korea not so much. B. Vietnam happened because of France a European power who lost its grasp on French Indochina. Vietnam was a bad foreign policy based upon the wrong assumption of China taking over(Vietnamese 3 China 1). I lived in Vietnam trust me the US had the chance to support Ho Chi Minh and not turn it into the custer F it was. But thanks to Europe we got involved in a place we should not have been. Living there you get to meet all kinds of people most of them are far from anti-American(That seems to be the realm of Europeans now). I had a GF whos great uncle was a war hero for the North I was invited to his home and treated with great kindness. He asked me one question "Why would America support France, We just want to be Vietnamese Not French Vietnamese only Vietnamese". Our good vs European good I think ours was a lot more just. How many European countries treated this part of the world as a resource factory of inferior people?

Spot on Bigrick, outstanding post thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

You are living in a dream state. Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them. The cycle is perpetuated, not stopped by a coup.

This entire exercise reminds me of Albert Einsteins famous definition of Insanity " doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to get different results" wink.png The PTP will of course win by a landslide again and again, and the Generals know this that is why they have preformed this takeover and suspended the Thai Constitution, a Constitution that they themselves "tweaked" just 6-7 years ago themselves rolleyes.gif The will of the Thai people will win out in the end, however it is up to the military leaders just how bloody things get in the interim period . The world is watching with interest this time around wai2.gif

Will be the same dog, just a different collar

What does the international community know about what should, should not be done, what is best for Thailand etc., many of these a'hole countries cannot even manage their own countries and they should wait and judge the outcome not the process.

There has been a lot of talk about democracies, the word is not in the Thai vernacular, and Thailand whilst it may have had a pseudo democracy it has never had a true democracy.

IMHO this coup was a long time over due.

Edited by johnlandy
  • Like 2

The International Community is not my older brother

Thais believe in saving face and appearance is everything, but in reality they do not give two hoots what others say

It is too much of a me me me country for things to change for the better

Well-illustrated in the following rant by a Thai academic...

post-108400-14009034141948_thumb.jpg

honestly what do you expect when you said ur country is a democratie? like u go back to military coup when it fits the need of an "elite". other countries ur refer to are dealt with. It looks like Thailand and Asia in general love two

things: taking the money of everybody and not respecting international rules they sign on.

We should freeze all thai assets around the world to see

if the general does this right Thailand is going to be a lot better country for it. So far he is doing well, he is culling the trouble makers and treating all sides equally, something no one else has done. The biggest whingers are those that want thaksin back, its not what the thais want but what the thaksin lackies want, just look at them in here and the crap they are sprouting. This country has a chance to sort out all its problems but thaksins appologists dont want that, they want to see blood and guts on the streets, the idea that every thai can have a better life is beyond them. If the udd and pdrc can hold hands and try to look for a better way out then so should everyone else, this is about the good of every thai citizen, not thaksin and his bank account

• Like 2

The International Community is not my older brother

Thais believe in saving face and appearance is everything, but in reality they do not give two hoots what others say

It is too much of a me me me country for things to change for the better

Well-illustrated in the following rant by a Thai academic...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1400903412.521650.jpg

I would hardly call it a rant, the guy is right on the money.

Like the petulant teenage daughter that says, "You don't understand me. Nobody understands me. Everybody go away!"

It's strange how mostly elite Thais think their "Thai-ness" is inscrutable.

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 2

yep and the Americans historically have done the region so much good , i' m thinking korea, vietnam, I' m sure they'll be sorely missed.

Oh don't forget WW2... you know the big one... that we (the good guys?) won. Really screwed that one up didn't we. You'd have bad words regardless because you are one-eyed anti-american... yet you are too ignorant to even see the alternatives. Sure Vietnam was a cock up, and that has been generally acknowledged. If there was no allied presence in the region, the region would not exist today, and you would not be sitting on your bar stool pontificating. Pol Pot, the SLORC and with some luck the Nth Korean loser will have all fallen because of western (primarily american) influence. Plus we are not run by the Chinese today, and in 1945, Russia did not set the standard for the new world order. So hate all you like. (I am not american BTW)

and how thankless and weak-gutted are they who bitch and cry about the state of the world...yet do nothing except that.

• Like 1

Great to see the world condemning the illegal action of the military leadership!

I hope sanctions will be introduced swiftly.

Thai resistance to the coup has almost started immediately yesterday and will grow in the next few weeks.

The Thai economy will suffer and this will bring more people into opposition to the junta and the puppets they will appoint as "civilian government "

Yes let's get a bunch of thieves back running things then they can scrap all the checks and balances, pardon all criminals for past crimes, whilst eating mouldy rice. Paradise??????