New Mazda 3 and new Honda Jazz short test drive impressions

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I took my friend car shopping. We visited Toyota, Honda and Mazda. He is tall and broad shoulders. I am tall too. For people like us, the new Mazda 3 was a disappointment, difficult entry /exit, cramped seating front and back compared to the Toyota and Honda. It is similar to a Ford Focus on interior space maybe less. We left quickly. Both the new Vios and Altis were surprisingly roomy.

Today I took my friend car shopping. We visited Toyota, Honda and Mazda. He is tall and broad shoulders. I am tall too. For people like us, the new Mazda 3 was a disappointment, difficult entry /exit, cramped seating front and back compared to the Toyota and Honda. It is similar to a Ford Focus on interior space maybe less. We left quickly. Both the new Vios and Altis were surprisingly roomy.

There is plenty of room up front as I am 6'3" and have plenty of room with the seat back as the steering wheel does telescope. My wife fits behind me in the back seat but she is only 5'2". I figure the only people riding in my back seats would be Thai wives. It probably has the smallest back seating but I didn't buy it for the back seats. Definitely the sportiest car in it's class.

I am not going to debate, there are many reasons to like this car but speaking for two 6'4" bodies getting in/out of this car is not easy and seating is not comfortable when compared to the competition. The rear seats are ok for a child or a Thai. It also has a very low roofline and smaller door openings, all part of the styling. If you like bells and whistles this car has them. The new Honda Jazz has much easier entry /exit for a big person.

Had a Test in a 3 Today. Handling n Performance very nice.Expected White Leather like the Mitsu G.T, but just perforated white strips on black seats..Al black inside mainly , except for some white patches on the black doors, cramped rear seats not impressed for a top model. Looks Cool though Yes id enjoy one.But rate the Mitsu as a better all rounder.

Ive not seen the white seats in person but do they not look like this ?

2014-Mazda-3-Interior-Lighting.jpg

they do indeed look exactly like that....I sat in them. :)

• Like 1

I am not going to debate, there are many reasons to like this car but speaking for two 6'4" bodies getting in/out of this car is not easy and seating is not comfortable when compared to the competition. The rear seats are ok for a child or a Thai. It also has a very low roofline and smaller door openings, all part of the styling. If you like bells and whistles this car has them. The new Honda Jazz has much easier entry /exit for a big person.

I agree - I am 1.84m and the space in the front seat area is to small for me, left and went to Toyota and ended up with the Altis ESport - nice car, way more roomy in front and back.

But have to admit that interior design and safety features of Mazda are superior to Toyota.

Cheers Mr. J

I agree - I am 1.84m and the space in the front seat area is to small for me, left and went to Toyota and ended up with the Altis ESport - nice car, way more roomy in front and back.

But have to admit that interior design and safety features of Mazda are superior to Toyota.

Cheers Mr. J

I agree that there is more room in the Toyota but for me there is plenty room in the Mazda. I am tall but I only weigh 89 kilos. I imagine if I weighed 110 kilos I would be uncomfortable. Also, I am used to 2 seater sports cars so I am used to the side bolster seats which fit be perfectly. I also like that I can fold down the back seats (which are 60/40) and I feel like I am back in a 2 seater again.

Is the Mazda 3 Saloon here yet.?. Nice as it might be the little one screams Boy Racer, old-school Civic era.

Yes it is. you have the choice of the 4 door or 5 door. both have the exact same wheelbase so not sure why you think the 5 door is the smaller boy racer version....

Or are you being your typical <deleted> self having a dig at me again... I base this on your smart mouth quip about water ingress.

I got a basic Jazzy AT last year, just because its have a very nice design and an amazing cargo space for its size, but I still thinking that for the some money a fully loaded Totota VIOS or Nissan Almera may be better buys....Mazda 3 only compares with Civic, Corolla or Silphy....

Mine was delivered today.

003_zpsb97cc9fc.jpg

006_zps45aee77a.jpg

The interior is more of a cream colour than a stark white.

Nice car. When are the tacky wheels and other tasteless bling going on?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk