Anti-graft body wants laws tightened

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Laws are all very well but need to be supported by full, timely and proper investigative standards.

Thailand has always conducted,investigations, or otherwise, depending on who is involved and ' equality under the law ' is a myth and has to change.

In recent times look how the DSI operated.

Thailand lacks the "will" for transparency. The nation is based on secrecy, insider codes, "special consideration," nepostism, and favoritism. You can't have disclosure when the basis of information is privileged.

• Like 2

They should make assett declarations mandatory prior to being allowed to entering political positions. 3 months prior and every 6 months after they obtain a position in the gov.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Where ever the hotest and most humid location is in Thailand, that is where several new prisons need to be built to handle all of the corrupt people who are found guilty by the good general. No air conditioning except for the guards. All inmates would be required to work in the fields for 8 hr each day. For once in their life, they would be tired at night and sleep well at A/C or no.

Video of said institution would be show daily on all tv stations as a public service.

Corruption in Thailand can be brought under control, if the powers at the top, want it to be.

Edited by BillyBobThai
  • Like 2

They should make assett declarations mandatory prior to being allowed to entering political positions. 3 months prior and every 6 months after they obtain a position in the gov.

Do you expect politicians to tell the truth? Whey should they in Thailand, no government anywhere on earth can be trusted.

Robby nz post# 10

None of this 5 year ban stuff, there needs to be life bans.

Perhaps if the example set by the Chinese authorities i.e " A ban on life'' was the penalty for corrupt practices those tempted would indeed think twice before embarking on corruption campaigns.

And also those of their maids and butlers.

For a start, I would like to see the availability of bail removed from those convicted of serious offences. Allowing convicted murderers and terrorists bail is ridiculous, let them appeal from their cell.

• Like 1

I'm betting (hoping) a whole lot of corrupt politicians, cops, business people, etc. are very worried right now ... and some are probably making ready to flee the country. I do hope this kind of stuff continues and is followed through. Imagine what a great and prosperous country Thailand could be if most of the corruption were actually cleared up. A man can dream, can't he?

Coming from the airport today the taxi driver tried to scam me with his hat covering the meter. When I said use the meter he pretended not to hear me ... and then said "You pay 500 baht (it's normally 250 to 300 baht). When I suggested reporting him to the army, his attitude instantly changed, the hat came off the meter, and all was well ... except he got no tip at the end of the trip.

• Like 1

Robby nz post# 10

None of this 5 year ban stuff, there needs to be life bans.

Perhaps if the example set by the Chinese authorities i.e " A ban on life'' was the penalty for corrupt practices those tempted would indeed think twice before embarking on corruption campaigns.

You mean execution being the penalty I assume. But It dosnt work in China anyway, clearly if it did it there wouldn't be rife and continued corruption on the massive scale that there is.

Edited by englishoak

Why limit these laws to elected officials? There are also corrupt civil servants, police, and mili.... Check that, corrupt civil servants and police, no more.

I would go along with that. If you want to put yourself up for public office where you are in a position to dictate to others then you should be prepared to be totally transparent.. If you feel this impinges on your rights to privacy then fine. You won't be missed and there will be plenty of others willing to take your place.

• Like 1

Why limit these laws to elected officials? There are also corrupt civil servants, police, and mili.... Check that, corrupt civil servants and police, no more.

I would go along with that. If you want to put yourself up for public office where you are in a position to dictate to others then you should be prepared to be totally transparent.. If you feel this impinges on your rights to privacy then fine. You won't be missed and there will be plenty of others willing to take your place.

Your sure about that here are you ? whistling.gif

I just hope they can put strict laws into force before they hand power back to the bandits,

as nothing will change,laws where if you are guilty of corruption,you are going to do hard

time,someone robs a bank they get put away, Politicians steal billions from the country and

it seems nothing happens,no one goes to prison,they either let them do a runner or there

are so many appeals,while out on bail,they die,or are deemed to old to be punished.

This is the first real chance to make changes in the country and the way people think,

i just hope it gets done.

regards worgeordie

Laws can always be repealed by the next ''democratic corruption loving' government

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission has resolved to tighten its rules so that politicians are required to declare assets and debts within three months before they stand for parliament.

Better headline?

now if just somebody would be there to actually enfore the already excisting laws, and not just for their own profits, like we know the BIB if doing + their multitude of side jobs as in ... the extra's businesses have to pay for the protection against the OTHER organised crooks