Thai-Belgian Bridge to be reopened June 23

webfact

Thai-Belgian Bridge to be reopened June 23

BANGKOK: -- The Thai-Belgian Bridge will be reopened to traffic on June 23 after it was closed for repair, the Traffic Police Division announced Tuesday.

The division's Traffic Control Centre said the protest caused the repair to be delayed as the contractor could not continue the works.

The centre said the contractor could resume the repair works on May 9 and the centre instructed the contractor to speed up the works and the contractor promised the works could be done before June 23.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-17

Correct me if I am wrong. The Thai Belgian bridge is not closed at all. I just drove over it recently. Anyone in Sathorn/Rama 4 please confirm.

You are correct - it's the Thai-Japanese bridge/flyover that is currently closed for repair, albeit only in one direction (Sam Yan - Lumpini Park). I work in Chamchuri Square and can see it from my office window. They were painting new lines on the repaired section yesterday, so should be open soon.

Edited by Wiggy

Correct me if I am wrong. The Thai Belgian bridge is not closed at all. I just drove over it recently. Anyone in Sathorn/Rama 4 please confirm.

How are things in Belgium today?

Maybe a bit more detail on what this is?