Car/truck Rental From Khon Kaen (airport)

chronos

Thai Rent-a-Car would be the best bet based on my experience with them in Udon, Samui and Bangkok. Second choice would be Budget but their pickups usually have the Carryboy cover on the back which may not be what the OP needs. Both have their own websites but they are invariably cheaper if booked via a broker.

Either way, the car trawler (broker) that craig has mentioned above will probably list both of these among some others.

Yes, it does list both, and more. A good place to do some price shopping. It's always good to check with the companies websites directly also. Last time I rented, I found some pretty big differences amongst the various websites I was using to get prices...for the same make and model from the same company.

Sometimes if you phone a car-hire company direct (i.e. talk to a real person rather than use their own website) and give them the quote from an on-line broker they will better the price (or provide an upgrade).. But beware if you require any additional CDW extras, as these fees will often be much higher when taken with the hire co. than prebooked via the on-line broker..

Edited by steve73

If you take a taxi to the Pullman hotel in Khon Kaen, there are a couple of private car rental agencies within a two minute walk from the hotel; just ask the hotel concierge.

Often the private agencies are a bit cheaper than the big-name rental companies. When I'm in Khon Kaen I rent motorcycles from these companies and get a great rate.

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

Hi All...all your input much appreciated; I have now got it sorted with Lek Central who have been able to fulfill my requirements - they will deliver & pickup at Khon Kaen airport, supply the vehicle I want, all inclusive Insurance and all at a very reasonable cost. Communication with 'Danny' was first class - fast, efficient and no bulls**t, payment method via paypal or c card....simple & stress free experience! lets hope it will continue when we arrive!....I'm sure it will do...again thx to Robert24 & jigagee for the recommendation.

• Like 1