Can Someone Recommend An Optician

need to go to samui to work something out with the TT&T offfice in tesco... i also need to get new contact lenses while i am there. can someone recommend a good place nearby? i do not want to go to Top Charoen, bad experiences with them in the past. thanks! oh, also, what's the best way to get to tesco from nathorn pier? are there songthaews or just the rip off meter taxis?

Girlx, the road trip from Nathon pier to Tesco Lotus is a tedious (and sometimes dangerous) 20Km trip. The same trip from the Big Buddha pier is only 3½Km.

If you are coming from Thong Nai Pan in Koh Pha-Ngan, I would go left at the Bantai 7-11, enjoy the roller-coaster ride to Haad Rin Pier (only 1Km longer than the same trip to Thong Sala), and take the much shorter (and enjoyable) slow boat (40min) to Big Buddha Pier.

A cheaper, overall quicker, safer, more enjoyable option.

jose '-)

roo you mean there's an optician inside tesco? brilliant!

and jose yes i know had rin is more convenient, but it is not easy getting there from thong nai pan.

and jose yes i know had rin is more convenient, but it is not easy getting there from thong nai pan.

Why don't you just take the noon boat from TNP to Hadrin? It still runs, I believe.

yeah it's ok, that wasn't my question... i have worked out how to get there already.

FYI the boat from thong nai pan to samui (via had rin) runs at 9am, heading to mae nam.

Edited by girlx