3 Times Tourist Visas Only?

Hi,

I've heard that i can only get maximum 3 times tourist visas from the same place. Is it true? And is it maximum 3 times or continuously 3 times?

If yes if got my tourist visas in Penang can i go to KL even its within the same country? And if i got my 3 times tourist visas in Penang, then i go to KL for my next one, can i go back to Penang again?

Thanks

I've heard that i can only get maximum 3 times tourist visas from the same place. Is it true? And is it maximum 3 times or continuously 3 times?

If yes if got my tourist visas in Penang can i go to KL even its within the same country? And if i got my 3 times tourist visas in Penang, then i go to KL for my next one, can i go back to Penang again?

It depends. Are you a genuine tourist, not working illegally in Thailand? If asked, can you prove that the money you spend to live in Thailand comes from outside Thailand?

---------------

Maestro

Hi,

Thanks

i have 6 tourist visas (30 days x 6) in my passport this year already from ranong-myanmar, last year i had 7 and ive never been asked a question, only smiles in ranong for me. So ... sounds unlikely, besides you can always claim that your thai wife/gf takes care of you, but thats even more unlikely i guess.

For some. :o

Edited by leftknee

i have 6 tourist visas (30 days x 6) in my passport this year already...
Leftknee, if you read the original post carefully you will note that Shaunhng is talking about real visas, obtainable from Thai consulates, not the 30-day-on arrival stamp without visa you are talking about.

---------------

Maestro

Hi,

Thanks

i have 6 tourist visas (30 days x 6) in my passport this year already from ranong-myanmar, last year i had 7 and ive never been asked a question, only smiles in ranong for me. So ... sounds unlikely, besides you can always claim that your thai wife/gf takes care of you, but thats even more unlikely i guess.

For some.

As far as I know you can make it all the times you wish to.. well actually I hv really close ppl who are living in thailand for YEARS with only tourst visa.. they go to cambodia and back in a day.. :o

and so on..

As far as I know you can make it all the times you wish to.. well actually I hv really close ppl who are living in thailand for YEARS with only tourst visa.. they go to cambodia and back in a day.. :D

and so on..

Pop corn, I’m afraid also you are :o

---------------

Maestro

I am worried as I have recently got a multiple entry visa in Penang hassle free, I read a week or so back that this was stopped by the Thai consulate there,what is the outcome? Was this the last of these, Or was that article a mistake? Can anyone tell me? As I do like living in Thailand

I am worried as I have recently got a multiple entry visa in Penang hassle free, I read a week or so back that this was stopped
This was the thread. No news yet of tourist visas for more than one entry being issued by the Penang consulate, and apparently little hope of that being resumed soon. See post #14 in that thread.

---------------

Maestro

I have had at least 10 on arrival visas
Brocno, you are talking about entry into Thailand without a visa and receiving a 30-day stamp on arrival, while the OP asked about tourist visas, i.e. a visa obtainable only at a Thai consulate and on entry into Thailand giving you permission to stay 60 days.

In other words, you are :o

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

A friend of mine was recently refused a tourist visa at the vientiane embassy (or consulate) with as reason stated that he had 3 tourist visa's already (all issued in Vientianne)...

So it seems that at least in Vientianne they limit to three tourist visa's.

Haven't heard any reports from the other embassy's / consulates, so possibly they don't have that rule...

...if got my tourist visas in Penang can i go to KL even its within the same country? And if i got my 3 times tourist visas in Penang, then i go to KL for my next one, can i go back to Penang again?
12 consecutive from Baen Laem on my current passport, nothing ever said.
Simmo, in what country is Baen Laem, and do they really have a Thai consulate there to issue tourist visas, just like they do in Penang and Kuala Lumpur?

Or are you, too, :o ?

---------------

Maestro

] Simmo, in what country is Baen Laem, and do they really have a Thai consulate there to issue tourist visas, just like they do in Penang and Kuala Lumpur?

---------------

Maestro

Offtopic .. thought the topic was visa on arrival.

] Simmo, in what country is Baen Laem, and do they really have a Thai consulate there to issue tourist visas, just like they do in Penang and Kuala Lumpur?

---------------

Maestro

Offtopic .. thought the topic was visa on arrival.

Offtopic or not is there any need to continuously go on about it?

.. thought the topic was visa on arrival.
Understandable, in a way, since most everybody else replied as if the OP had asked about the non-visa 30-day stamp on arrival.

I don’t have an answer for the OP either. There has been a report that Thai consulates in the area no longer issue tourist visas for more than one entry. No report I’m aware of that either Penang or KL refuse to issue repetitive single-entry tourist visas, but general indications are that consulates in general seem to have a closer eye on long-term tourists, for all we know because of suspicion that they might not be genuine tourists but work illegally in Thailand.

---------------

Maestro