Getting third double visa in Vientiane

Hi all,

I'll be traveling to Vientiane next month for another double entry TV. This will be my third one from that embassy. I'm hoping for a double. If all I get is a single, then I'll end my time in Thailand and continue my travels around the world. I'd like a double so I can spend the winter months in a warm place before heading west and north to Europe.

The last time I was there, I got the lady behind the glass. She asked me if I had a Thai girlfriend. I didn't so I told her no, but she glared at me for a moment before telling me to go inside the other building and pay for a double.

Anybody know if there was a right or wrong answer? If I had said yes, would she have denied me the double and issued a single?

You may or may not get another 2 entry visa. Most of the time 3 is the maximum but there have reports of only 2 being done. You could increase your odds by have having some kind of financial proof attached to your application.

• Like 2

I can attach bank statements. Not a problem. I also plan on traveling to Sri Lanka in October for a week, so I can even show a onward ticket. My concern is whether there's a right or wrong answer to that question in the event I get that lady again. I might be over thinking it.

I can attach bank statements. Not a problem. I also plan on traveling to Sri Lanka in October for a week, so I can even show a onward ticket. My concern is whether there's a right or wrong answer to that question in the event I get that lady again. I might be over thinking it.

I have never been asked that about having a g/f..I believe the correct answer is the truth..which is what you did.

You may or may not get another 2 entry visa. Most of the time 3 is the maximum but there have reports of only 2 being done. You could increase your odds by have having some kind of financial proof attached to your application.

Financial statements, meaning a translation of the notification on my state pension, have so far done me a world of good.

Financial statements, meaning a translation of the notification on my state pension, have so far done me a world of good.

A translation into thai? A financial statement in English wouldn't work? 'Was thinking of taking along a couple of statements FNO for income and residence (like a utility bill or something) - just to have with me on my tablet or phone in case I should be asked - but hadn't thought about having to get them translated to do any good.

are you +50yo?

I can attach bank statements. Not a problem. I also plan on traveling to Sri Lanka in October for a week, so I can even show a onward ticket. My concern is whether there's a right or wrong answer to that question in the event I get that lady again. I might be ocver thinking it.

Try Savannahket not so much hassle and if you are + 50 yo, then try to catch a non immigrant 3 month visa 1 entry as long you can show 800,000THB

in your account.

Some said: "They don't asking for for bank report or salary report is hard to believe, but there can be the opportunity with some lappen to

getting what you want, but be careful. If they deny on the first hand asking is there a possiblity to getting what you want and looking in their face and you will see.

I would not heading direct after leaving thailand the thai embassy in Laos I would travel for about 1 week around Laos, caused in the worst case the immigration back in thailand are curious while checking your passport, caused of the Visa before, then you have tell them you got a call family relations somebody died, cry a little bit bla bla or so.

These should works.

4 years ago I was in Vientiane and would like to have Tourist Visa double entry, instead they gave me a non Immigrant O, 3 month single entry,

without any proof of Bank or salary report, but I was already 50 yo.

First I was angry then I start to count 3 month + 14 days extension in the local immigration fits to my flight ticket was just ok.

Carpe diem wai2.gif

Hade bra

A translation into thai? A financial statement in English wouldn't work? 'Was thinking of taking along a couple of statements FNO for income and residence (like a utility bill or something) - just to have with me on my tablet or phone in case I should be asked - but hadn't thought about having to get them translated to do any good.

English should be fine, but I'm German and so are those statements and notifications of mine.

While I would feel slightly better if I hadn't to wave those like an illiterate I decided to go the full way with everything that might look relevant or helpful.

Should more or less cost the same, so far 300 € for 8 pages, but it's a once in a liftetime thing.

i was in vientiane yesterday morning and at 11 they were still handing out numbers in the 800s. there are many

visa buses parked there and i have never seen it that busy. i was there an hour before the embassy opened and

i was number 271 was in there for 4.5 hour they say that only wednesday and fridays are quiet for applying

rick