Major meth dealer arrested in Phuket

webfact

Major meth dealer arrested in Phuket
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1404189700_1-org.jpg
Veerayut Sansakrit with his drugs and gun this morning.

PHUKET: -- Police last night (June 30) arrested a major methamphetamine dealer at the fish shop he ran in Phuket Town.

Veerayut "Ang" Sansakrit, 30, was arrested in possession of 20 grams of crystal meth (ya ice) and 12,000 meth pills (ya bah). The haul has a street value of B3 million.

Police also confiscted from him a Spanish-made Astra-Unceta y Cia Guernica .22 pistol and five bullets.

Police caught him in a raid at 8pm last night on a fish shop opposite the King Rama IX Park which he opened as cover for his real business, running team distributing drugs to various points around Phuket Town.

He is believed to be connected to a national drug ring run by a man known only as Lerm, who is believed to run things from within Chiang Rai Prison, close to the border with Myanmar, from which most of Thailand's methamphetamine originates.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/major-meth-dealer-arrested-in-phuket-47137.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-07-01

shirtless, on 01 Jul 2014 - 16:07, said:shirtless, on 01 Jul 2014 - 16:07, said:

So his fish shop was slow in low season , so he decided to explore more lucrative products .what an idiot.

" a fish shop opposite the King Rama IX Park which he opened as cover for his real business"

Edited by Vacuum

Well I guess he will be able to service his boss in other ways when he joins him in the pokey now, I dare say his boss won't be a happy chappy losing all that merchandise either. Repaying that debt in prison might create a sore point.....

cheesy.gif

The picture looks like he's thinking, "Hey this pile is LIGHT! Damn cops ripped me off!"

And Neversure, how can you tell from that low res picture what kind of gun it is? I checked out your links, and the gun in the table more closely resembles the small Spanish pistola. But who knows, could be a Pakistani knockoff.

What an idiot. There isn't enough money in the world to get me to risk prison.

They are wrong about that gun. It's not a Spanish astra unceta y cia sa guernica. LINK

It's an Italian Beretta 92FS 9mm. Link

is there a bigger photo somewhere NeverSure?,

I'm a bit of a Ballistics/Weapons corrector myself(my friends tolerate it :) and carry a 92FS on occasion for work,

I also despair at the incorrect ID's given to many of the weapons found in this country(the "AK33" found at a bus stop recently being a prime example),but I really can't tell from that low res photo,even after copying and zooming in whether it's the Spanish .22 short or the M9/Berretta,I'm kinda leaning more towards Frank James in that it looks like a shorter barrel than the classic lines of the 92...not just idle curiosity either,the major source for the M9(military version of the Beretta 92fs)is soldiers selling/trading their weapons,

also the fact that i'd rather have 5 .22's fired at me than 15 9mm's!

The picture looks like he's thinking, "Hey this pile is LIGHT! Damn cops ripped me off!"

And Neversure, how can you tell from that low res picture what kind of gun it is? I checked out your links, and the gun in the table more closely resembles the small Spanish pistola. But who knows, could be a Pakistani knockoff.

They are wrong about that gun. It's not a Spanish astra unceta y cia sa guernica. LINK

I'm a bit of a Ballistics/Weapons corrector myself(my friends tolerate it smile.png and carry a 92FS on occasion for work,

I also despair at the incorrect ID's given to many of the weapons found in this country(the "AK33" found at a bus stop recently being a prime example),but I really can't tell from that low res photo,even after copying and zooming in whether it's the Spanish .22 short or the M9/Berretta,I'm kinda leaning more towards Frank James in that it looks like a shorter barrel than the classic lines of the 92...not just idle curiosity either,the major source for the M9(military version of the Beretta 92fs)is soldiers selling/trading their weapons,

I don't know guys. I've never seen a longer Astra that didn't have a rounded end on the barrel/slide like this:

post-164212-0-91315800-1404263067_thumb.

The gun in the OP is foreshortened in perspective due to the angle of the photo. It's longer and taller than it would appear.

Due to the shape of the grip, the placement of the emblem, the trigger guard, barrel etc. I'm making it a 92FS. Also, there are a lot of those floating around in Thailand, and 9mm is the common caliber in Thailand. Maybe 9mm is due to the military getting NATO compatible ammo from the US.

I've been wrong before. If you know of an Astra the resembles that, I'd be interested of course.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm a bit of a Ballistics/Weapons corrector myself(my friends tolerate it and carry a 92FS on occasion for work,

I don't know guys. I've never seen a longer Astra that didn't have a rounded end on the barrel/slide like this:

4.JPG

The gun in the OP is foreshortened in perspective due to the angle of the photo. It's longer and taller than it would appear.

Due to the shape of the grip, the placement of the emblem, the trigger guard, barrel etc. I'm making it a 92FS. Also, there are a lot of those floating around in Thailand, and 9mm is the common caliber in Thailand. Maybe 9mm is due to the military getting NATO compatible ammo from the US.

I've been wrong before. If you know of an Astra the resembles that, I'd be interested of course.

They may not be that good at telling gun models, but it is difficult to mistake a .22 and a 9mm round. If it were 9mm rounds and a 22 pistol, I wouldn't panic too much.

Same the other way round.

Where is the complaint that enforcing the law is taking away jobs for the local people? How is he going to make a living now?

The "making a living" has just changed industries, that all.

Since the Thai Army have been on Phuket, I believe Phuket Gaol is advertising for extra staff.

Plenty of jobs available as a Prision Officer on Phuket now. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I'm a bit of a Ballistics/Weapons corrector myself(my friends tolerate it smile.png and carry a 92FS on occasion for work,

attachicon.gif4.JPG

The location of the mag release button on the lower rear portion of grip is typical of the small-frame "pocket guns" in .22short/.22LR/.25ACP such as the Astra Cub (Astra also made a Colt for awhile) and my favorite, the Beretta Bobcat.

The photo is grainy but the mag release is visible thanks to the reflected light. Its easy to confuse it for a screw if you haven't used one.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is its a shame if this beautiful pistol must be destroyed.

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark

Whats with all this gun stuff,who cares what it is,it definitely isn't a penis

I hope thats not disappointment in your voice.

Old guns, cars, tools, fishing reels, bicycles, motorcycles, tractors, dogs--show a group of guys a grainy photo of any one of them and they will have fun trying to identify it. Its what old guys in America do--I think its called "nostalgia".

;-)

Old guns, cars, tools, fishing reels, bicycles, motorcycles, tractors, dogs--show a group of guys a grainy photo of any one of them and they will have fun trying to identify it. Its what old guys in America do--I think its called "nostalgia".

;-)

I didn't speak. The fascination with guns seems to be an American thing.

A man loves the meat

in his youth that he cannot endure in his age

;-)

A man loves the meat

Agree that its an American thing only because guns continue to be a part of our American culture in the same way these other things I mentioned are still shared in most all of our cultures.

For many of us older Americans, the interest is what I described in previous post--the same as if this thread had been about a grainy photo of an old 1950's car or an old tractor or an old Schwinn or Raleigh bicycle. What you might be referring to is something else, possibly the almost "perverse fascination" by some Americans for firearms. If that is what you mean, then I fully agree with you--we call them "gun nuts".

Please feel free to Speak up ;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

;-)

A man loves the meat

Agree that its an American thing only because guns continue to be a part of our American culture in the same way these other things I mentioned are still shared in most all of our cultures.

For many of us older Americans, the interest is what I described in previous post--the same as if this thread had been about a grainy photo of an old 1950's car or an old tractor or an old Schwinn or Raleigh bicycle. What you might be referring to is something else, possibly the almost "perverse fascination" by some Americans for firearms. If that is what you mean, then I fully agree with you--we call them "gun nuts".

Please feel free to Speak up ;-)

I can see the fascination with old weapons,how they were produced,the tools used etc. I did a 5 year mechanical engineering apprenticeship at the Royal Small Arms Factory in Enfield England.They had a museum with a representation of all the weapons hat they had produced in their long history,since 1816 i believe, along with the gauges and tools used,very interesting.

I just couldn't reconcile myself with the arrest of a drug dealer and then an ongoing discussion about the pistol he was arrested with,still,each to his own,i often diverge from a topic myself and the post gets thrown out,not a great loss to mankind no doubt.