Choeng Mon Restaurant Rip Off

I just want to know if it's a Thai restaurant or Nepalese.

Yes I find the Nepalese and burmease allot more rude than the Thais

I am interested also

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I find it amusing that when my Thai gf and I wanted some of these prawns in Koh Lanta the price dropped by near a third when she did the negotiating.

480 Baht for 5 prawns is fairly steep to start with unless they are the huge ones!

I find it amusing that when my Thai gf and I wanted some of these prawns in Koh Lanta the price dropped by near a third when she did the negotiating.

480 Baht for 5 prawns is fairly steep to start with unless they are the huge ones!

I have land next / close sort off to a prawn farm on the mainland. Do you know what the price of tiger prawns is Smokie?thumbsup.gif

I have land next / close sort off to a prawn farm on the mainland. Do you know what the price of tiger prawns is Smokie?thumbsup.gif

Wholesale or retail?

Wholesale or retail?

You don't know.laugh.png Not far off what you pay in he markets etc... Agree some of these restaurants are PURE rip off.

Wholesale or retail?

You don't know.laugh.png Not far off what you pay in he markets etc... Agree some of these restaurants are PURE rip off.

Well from my shaky memory we were offered 700 Baht a kilo....and the price on the blackboards was 1200-1400 Baht.

The market at Plai Lem has some very cheap prices for unshelled prawns....but not been there for a while....maybe you lot have pushed them up since I was last there.

Certainly the mark up on tiger prawns is almost as big an earner as water.

• Like 1

I just want to know if it's a Thai restaurant or Nepalese.

Yes I find the Nepalese and burmease allot more rude than the Thais

I am interested also

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Does anybody know why there are so many Nepalese business owners on the islands. I had some new neighbors around 2010 who were a family from Nepal. I was surprised as they all had new Thai passports even though they jrecently arrived in the country and could not speak,read or write Thai language. I'm guessing that after the Nepalese monarchy was abolished the ex royals could afford a Thai passport??