Reckless driving: Bus overturns in Korat province, injures 15, three seriously

webfact

A few years back my ex-wife was travelling alone on the LIgnite tour bus from BKK to Krabi. The driver was driving recklessly and far too fast so she politely asked if he could slow down a little.

She then had to spend the rest of the journey under a torrent of verbal abuse from the driver and the crew, to the point of tears, while predictably the rest of the bus patrons clammed up and enjoyed the view out of the window.

• Like 1

The bus slipped and overturned.

Oops! Clumsy old bus. Must have been tired.

Tired? I'm quite sure it was...I can even see them in the picture! (it was probably exhausted actually)

All Puns aside...I feel for the passengers

I thought they were sorting these drivers out, just more bull shit from the authorities. I drive to Pattaya 1 time each month and back these Naconair busses do speeds in excess of 120 and just stay in the right hand lane all the time with nothing in front of them, they employ to many young drivers there again have seen mid age drivers doing the same. I flash them but they do not move over.

• Like 2

Another mindless Thai driver. No foresight for change in weather and road conditions.

If this was anywhere ice appeared on the road surface I hate to think of the carnage

Ice of another type may have been involved.

I thought they were sorting these drivers out, just more bull shit from the authorities. I drive to Pattaya 1 time each month and back these Naconair busses do speeds in excess of 120 and just stay in the right hand lane all the time with nothing in front of them, they employ to many young drivers there again have seen mid age drivers doing the same. I flash them but they do not move over.

Up here in Isaan most people drive in the right hand lane because the left is often too rough. If you want to overtake you take your chances with the left lane. It's a bit like coming off the racing line in Formula 1. It's only a guess but maybe the savings on the left are where the bribes come from, assuming there are any. It's when they are repaired the real problems start.

The bus slipped and overturned.

Oops! Clumsy old bus. Must have been tired.

The driver probably was after 750km of an 800klm trip. The bus looks like it might have to be at least re-tired, if not completely retired. BTW The left lane is damaged by all those grossly overloaded trucks so the passengers complain of the rough ride if the driver uses it. On some roads, it is so bad no-one uses the left lane and no-one will pull over.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Don't NCA normally use two drivers anyway?

I've only used them 2 or 3 times but they do change drivers however this wasn't a NCA as far as I know and certainly doesn't look like one.

It's not the same company. The one involved in this accident was this company

http://www.nakhonchaitour.com/index.php

Wheras NCA is this company ( Nakhonchai Air )

http://www.nca.co.th/main.html

there is no comparison in terms of quality of buses and standard of drivers. Like chalk and cheese.

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Be too much, I suppose, to hope for, one day, the introduction, particularly on 'Public Service' vehicles of Tachometers and Speed Retarders?

plenty of retards fitted I think youll findlaugh.png

And another one bites the dust....

Most folks know, that when it's been raining the roads are mega slippery, but no, not here in Thailand , let's just speed along as usual...

Sad ........

No doubt I am wasting my breath....

In all fairness I have to admit that I was once associated with a major traffic control room in the UK. After several dry days followed by rain the traffic control guys knew that the day was going to be busy with people not taking account of the change in the road surface, sadly it's the same the world over.

WHAT, "its the same as the UK". You Thai apologists just dont know when to stop. Blame the rain not the driver.

I have never heard of Nakonchai tour, however, Nakonchai Air buses have two drivers AND change drivers halfway.

That said, if it iwas indeed a Nakonchai Air bus, that would be number three accident in one year......

Edited by hansnl

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have never heard of Nakonchai tour, however, Nakonchai Air buses have two drivers AND change drivers halfway.

That said, if it iwas indeed a Nakonchai Air bus, that would be number three accident in one year......

Yikes, I am taking one tomorrow night from BKK to UdonThani. Never used them before, I sort of don't want to know this crap, even asked for a seat further back in the bus as I hate watching them drive.