Troublesome Honda Click

You're a bit out of date Turkleton - the Honda Click has a terrible reputation in the used market for bad engines and many other reliability/durability issues, particularly in the earlier iterations. 5,000 is the low end for these bikes, but I've been offered several at that price.

rarely read such a load of nonsense in such a few words.

Honda Clicks are one of the best selling 2nd hand bikes on the market. (And I'am in the market on a daily base since it's part of my business)

I owned a few Clicks over the years, 2006-2009 Carb + later models with FI and had never any major problems.

If somebody is interested in real-world, but not fantasy prices, here is one of the main Thai 2nd hand motorbike websites:

http://mocyc.com/market_all.html?action=basic&query2=Honda+Click&trade2=0&product_status2=&province2=0&category2=&x=0&y=0

However, I am talking about an (somehow) usable and running motorbike.

Probably the OP refers to bikes in this condition....but even when, no Click for 5K!

post-158247-0-84211500-1406791969_thumb.

Edited by Turkleton

^

Why not? Maybe clare got a bargain? Or maybe the owner was desperate.

There might be many occasions on earth when sometime we end up in a great and unbelievable deal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

^

Why not? Maybe clare got a bargain? Or maybe the owner was desperate.

There might be many occasions on earth when sometime we end up in a great and unbelievable deal.

Yepp everything is possible in life, but he told us, he got two of them (2 Clicks and each 5000 Baht?) from a dealer. laugh.png

Was this the bike yo were told had run low on oil before you bought it you mentioned a few weeks ago ?. You got it for the right price , electrics now sorted (why did they burn out on a 6 year old Honda ?) now an engine rebuild is needed for maybe 5,000 Baht.Still a cheap bike if another 5,000 sorts it.

Actually this is not the bike which had been run without oil from a few months ago - this is the bike I bought instead of that bike. .......

Just go talk to any Thai mechanic and you'll find out about Clicks and their unreliability, Turkel

Your reply is as useful and ridiculous as "google it"

If it's so well known, that the Clicks are unreliable, it should be easy to provide a serious source or at least facts, instead "ask Somchai"

Second: my nick is NOT Turkel

Third: Compare the real prices for a, lets say three/four years old Click and a Yamaha Mio.

You get easily ~4-5K more for a Click in equal condition. (Spoken from own experience)

"^ Maybe this is why Click now has a 125 engine...."

Yepp, after 6-7 years, Honda has noticed, that their Click engine was crap.....

Same goes for PCX 125cc engine, which was replaced after a short period. wink.png

Yepp everything is possible in life, but he told us, he got two of them (2 Clicks and each 5000 Baht?) from a dealer. laugh.png

No, I got one Honda Click at 5,000, but have been offered two at that price (and several more at the 7-8k level). I certainly will never buy another at any price.

Just go talk to any Thai mechanic and you'll find out about Clicks and their unreliability, Turkel

Your reply is as useful and ridiculous as "google it"

If it's so well known, that the Clicks are unreliable, it should be easy to provide a serious source or at least facts, instead "ask Somchai"

You have to ask the mechanics, Turkleton, because there are no 'serious sources' in English for Thai bikes on the internet. These are just local products, so you have to ask local people about them.

Third: Compare the real prices for a, lets say three/four years old Click and a Yamaha Mio.

You get easily ~4-5K more for a Click in equal condition. (Spoken from own experience)

Actually old Yamaha automatics, while they are still inferior to non-automatics, do have slightly less problems than old Honda automatics. I'm usually offered old Mios for about the same price range - 5-8k - as old Clicks. Last one I bought was 8,000, and it never had any serious engine or electrical problems at all.

whistling.gif ^ Maybe this is why Click now has a 125 engine and the 110's like Scoopy, Spacy and Zoomer also have a different engine.

I didn't know they'd changed the 110cc engine. I have an old 110cc Wave from around 10+ years ago - that 110 seems strong.

whistling.gif ^ Maybe this is why Click now has a 125 engine and the 110's like Scoopy, Spacy and Zoomer also have a different engine.

I didn't know they'd changed the 110cc engine. I have an old 110cc Wave from around 10+ years ago - that 110 seems strong.

The "original" Wave configuration is still going strong albeit with small changes. The new Honda MSX uses the same engine as the new Wave 125i.

The "new" 110 CVT engine is designated NSC110 what the differences are is anyone's guess, but it is now a "world" engine, so Honda 110 CVT in Spain is the same engine as a 110 CVT in Thailand.

Edited by VocalNeal

SIDEBAR: Curious as to how the work permit and annual purchase of bike license tabs work out for the OP. A complicated work-around, or strictly under the table?

Edited by Fookhaht

I guess as an individual and as a collector of "vintage" bikes one can own as many bikes as one wants?

Many guys on here with more than one bike. Say one sport bike, one track bike, one big scooter, one chicken chaser, one trail bike, one two-stroke, one project bike, etc. That's 7 already plus a car.

Is there a limit?

Maybe a Thai wife who owns all the "vintage" bikes?

Edited by VocalNeal

The "original" Wave configuration is still going strong albeit with small changes. The new Honda MSX uses the same engine as the new Wave 125i.

So the 110cc engine in my Wave isn't the same as the 110 engine in my Click? (I'm hoping for an answer in the affirmative because I'm hoping the Wave's going to last, unlike the Click).

So the 110cc engine in my Wave isn't the same as the 110 engine in my Click? (I'm hoping for an answer in the affirmative because I'm hoping the Wave's going to last, unlike the Click).

No it isn't the same. Wave is air cooled, Click is fan cooled so the cylinder and head etc is different. Wave is 110cc, Click is 108. Wave has about 1hp more. There maybe some shared internal components but...Waves generally tend to get lugged around in third gear whereas Click uses revs to go places.

A thought but not confirmed is that Click will rev higher for a given speed by nature of the CVT but it is designed for that. A Wave will happily rev to 9000+RPM. My modded one broke a 0-9999 digital tach!

So the 110cc engine in my Wave isn't the same as the 110 engine in my Click? ........

Somebody, who has not even the slightest clue about the differences between a Click engine (liquid cooled, full auto) and a Wave engine (air cooled semi auto with gears), even he claims he owned/owns some Clicks, seriously wants to teach people in the motorbike business, how unreliable some engines/bikes are.

Source of this nonsense: the average Somchai aka "engine rebuilder". clap2.gif

All of these "statements" from the junk yard owner OP are showing, how seriously one can take him....

PS: and no, the cause of a bad starting, average Click, is for 95% NOT a worn out cylinder and/or piston rings (maybe except the bike was ridden without oil or water or similar and the piston looks like this one):

post-158247-0-16209400-1407116280_thumb.

This might be the cause with the old 2 strokes, but usually not a 4 stroke.

I've bought a few bikes from auctions for parts, some 50-75K Km on the clock, even they've started without major problems, maybe a little bit of power loss (subjectively).

Anyway, we all don't know, what grade of crap, the OP is talking about....

Edited by Turkleton

So the 110cc engine in my Wave isn't the same as the 110 engine in my Click? ........

Somebody, who has not even the slightest clue about the differences between a Click engine (liquid cooled, full auto) and a Wave engine (air cooled semi auto with gears), even he claims he owned/owns some Clicks, seriously wants to teach people in the motorbike business, how unreliable some engines/bikes are.

Somebody, who has not even the slightest clue ? Sorry to be blunt but that would be you. A Click 110 is fan cooled NOT liquid cooled. At least all the ones i have seen.

You maybe need to lighten up a bit as they say?

The OP has never claimed he wants to teach anyone anything. He just owns a few cheap older bikes with dodgy or unknown mechanical problems. That is his prerogative. That he comes on here asking questions induces provokes thought and discussion and hopefully either solves his problem of gives him enough to be able to make a decision.

In this case he isn't talking about the "average" Click is he? Only about his. What he relates is simply his experience.

We don't need to necessarily take him seriously.

Anyway, we all don't know, what grade of crap......

"^ Maybe this is why Click now has a 125 engine...."

Yepp, after 6-7 years, Honda has noticed, that their Click engine was crap.....

Same goes for PCX 125cc engine, which was replaced after a short period. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Yep and the 125 crap engine found its way into the new Click 125i whistling.gif

A Click 110 is fan cooled NOT liquid cooled.At least all the ones i have seen.....

so so...seems a little bit of "googling", before posting wrong facts, is too much?

This is a screenshot from the official Honda service manual pdf, taken from here.

post-158247-0-37034300-1407134707_thumb.

Other Click 110 docs and parts catalogue can be found here

And as I mentioned before, I've owned a few of them, so you can trust me.....

Yep and the 125 crap engine found its way into the new Click 125i

Think you've missed the "context" of my reply and also the smiley?

Otherwise, your "sarcasm detector" could probably need some adjustment...wink.png<-- Smiley

However guys, I am out at this point.

Unfortunately too much nonsense, ignorance and "superficial knowledge" in this thread.

wai2.gif

Edited by Turkleton

Well I've always thought of the bike - the Click - as water-cooled. It has a little idiot light, indicating overheating, on the dashboard. which to my mind suggests some water must be present in which to put the thermometer. I just thought the 110 engine might be the exact same one as the one in my Wave, but with water-cooling added to make up for its being encapsulated in a hot plastic box on the Click (as engines are in automatics).

So I have to eat some humble pie for being incorrect.

At the pub quiz we call it the Borneo syndrome because one guy was convinced Madagascar because he heard or learned it in school. When of course the answer is Borneo.

So I apologize for my error. Caused by seeing all the old Indonesian versions of "Click" which were air-cooled.

Haven't been able to start the bike for a week now, though I do try every day in various weathers. Finally confirmed by the mechanic that the reason for not starting is 'no compression'. I need to sell this bike for salvage.. anybody want it? If not sellable perhaps I'll give it away to a mechanic.

Well guys I broke down and let the mechanic take the bike away for a rebuild. He says he'll not exceed a budget of 2,000 for the job, and assures me that if I subsequently change the oil once a month, the bike will last for a fairly long while. He did remark however that the ancient Nova two-stroke I was riding would outlast it! ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the bike back - turns out the engine rebuild was exactly 2,000 as he promised, but he went ahead and replaced several parts in the transmission (kind of metal rollers which he showed me - worn out) which cost another 300. So, for 2,300 the bike is for the moment running and driving very well. We'll see over the next few months if it was worth it or not...