Former national police chief Pol General Patcharawat Wongsuwan reinstated

webfact

Ex-police chief reinstated
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order has issued an order to reinstate former national police chief Pol General Patcharawat Wongsuwan.

NCPO chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha endorsed Order No 93, which was published in the Royal Gazette on Wednesday, to put into effect the ruling by the Central Administrative Court on February 28 asking the then-government to reinstate Patcharawat within 60 days of the verdict.

Patcharawat was dismissed by the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration in 2009 for his alleged role in the crackdown on anti-government protesters in October 2008.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Ex-police-chief-reinstated-30239425.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-25

• Like 1

The junta now can override the decision of the court. Why bother to seek justice?

Excuse me?

"...to put into effect the ruling by the Central Administrative Court on February 28 asking the then-government ..."

Why would the junta have veto power over the court?

Can the junta cancel court decision in finding Thaksin guilty? Scary isn't it.

The junta now can override the decision of the court. Why bother to seek justice?

Excuse me?

"...to put into effect the ruling by the Central Administrative Court on February 28 asking the then-government ..."

Why would the junta have veto power over the court?

Can the junta cancel court decision in finding Thaksin guilty? Scary isn't it.

Under section 44 of the interim constitution the Junta has complete power over everything without recourse which is covered under clause 48.

Not sure bringing anyone back from a former government is a good idea. One has to assume he was not super honest, and was at the top of a very inefficient and corrupt organization. So, why bring him back? Why not fresh blood? Is it not possible to find men of honor, to hold a post like that? I would guess the very first thing you have to do to reform the police here is to give them better salaries. Basically, a living wage, that allows them to resist the temptation to become revenue collection agents, instead of law enforcement agents.

Everyone knows they are not a law enforcement agency. Never have been. Hopefully someday will be. They are a revenue collection agency. And that money is not going to the state! I say lock up these guys found to be involved with this ring. Both the crooks, and the cops. It is high time to get them off the street. This one ring had 1500 bikes? Wow. That is huge. And they have not been caught yet? Get the vermin off the streets. Slap them with 20 year sentences, and 5 million baht fines to the family. If they cannot pay, make them forfeit all their extensive land holdings, and overseas bank accounts. If they have been at it for a while, there are hundreds or perhaps billions of baht at stake here. All that money cannot be spent. It has to be somewhere. Force them to give it up. Persecute them with malice. Take down the cockroach families.

A friend of mine had his rented bike stolen in Pai. He went to the cops. They did nothing. A day later he offered them a 10,000 baht reward for helping him find this bike. They found it in one hour! What does this tell you?

Is this Cronyism? considering his brother is the NCPO chief of the economy, and apparently one of the driving forces behind PRDC? I predicted this a month or so ago. Its all so predictable. An end to cronyism cheesy.gif

One swallow doesn't make a summer so let's wait and see.

According to the article the court petitioned PTP to reinstate him when they were still in power in February. Of course they didn't as they prefer the sort of officer who has pictures of Thaksin on his office wall and thinks offshore meetings with a convicted fugitive criminal are ok for policemen.

Maybe he happens to be the best guy for the job?

• Like 1

i guess their next move will be to appoint Suthep, the enlighted monk, as the next judge at the supreme courtfacepalm.gif

No, that might take a little longer. The little man screwed up when he bragged that he and the current placeholders planned the hostile takeover two years ago. Made the bosses so mad they told him he couldn't hold anymore fundraisers to replenish his already extensive holdings. He's on ice until people forget.

• Like 1

Is this Cronyism? considering his brother is the NCPO chief of the economy, and apparently one of the driving forces behind PRDC? I predicted this a month or so ago. Its all so predictable. An end to cronyism cheesy.gif

Well you must be slower than the courts as he was supposed to be reinstated within 2 months from February but as usual the PTP government ignored the courts ruling so the military complied with the court ruling.

No it isn't cronyism it is actually obeying the rule of law. Something that the PTP government were very lax at doing.

i guess their next move will be to appoint Suthep, the enlighted monk, as the next judge at the supreme courtfacepalm.gif

That won't happen. Neither have the legal training and experience.

Why, it would be as daft as appointing someone as the joint PM/DM who has no experience in anything accept working for her brother and doing what she's told, mostly not a lot. No one would do that now, would they?

again, and again you are just sprouting the same nonsense. Over and over again!

She was not appointed by her brother as the PM. She was elected legitimaly by thai people (and this with a majority) to become the PM, why is this so hard to understand.

and let me add, she will win again the next election, and you will be here bragging the same pile of ....

No, that might take a little longer. The little man screwed up when he bragged that he and the current placeholders planned the hostile takeover two years ago. Made the bosses so mad they told him he couldn't hold anymore fundraisers to replenish his already extensive holdings. He's on ice until people forget.

.... and i heard, the next october a job for the supreme army commander will be available, do you think he can apply?

October its in few month, maybe people would have already forgotten how naughty he iswhistling.gif

the corruption in thailand will never end in my lifetime and I guess my grandchildren s lifetime too

The same in every country.. the only difference is that in western economies the corruption is behind closed doors and well beyond the average persons ability to influence..

who do we think contributes over a billion dollars ( probably closer to 2 billion now) for the US presidential elections.. do the corporations do that out of altruism or because they want something later on smile.png

Paying an affordable wage to the police forces would go along way to fixing the issue at the lower levels though, but honestly if you get caught riding without a helmet or speeding, what would you rather do.. spend a day in court or tip the officer 200 baht and be on your way smile.png

Excuse me.. I might be wrong but this was one of the side of Taksin, he cracked down on the PAD and Abisith sacked him for that. Seems he is doing your side a favor ?

I could be wrong but please explain.

• Like 1

Why, it would be as daft as appointing someone as the joint PM/DM who has no experience in anything accept working for her brother and doing what she's told, mostly not a lot. No one would do that now, would they?

She was not appointed by her brother as the PM. She was elected legitimaly by thai people (and this with a majority) to become the PM, why is this so hard to understand.

and let me add, she will win again the next election, and you will be here bragging the same pile of ....

Actually what you have said is totally untrue. Yingluck never went on the campaign trail, her name was NEVER on any constituency ballot paper at all.

She was however the #1 candidate on the party list to become an MP. Now who owns the PTP and put her in that position?

Why what a surprise it was her brother Thaksin whose name oddly enough was not on any ballot paper either.

This is a very good reason to have MPs elected through constituency votes only and abolish ALL party list MPs.

• Like 2

Actually what you have said is totally untrue. Yingluck never went on the campaign trail, her name was NEVER on any constituency ballot paper at all.

She was however the #1 candidate on the party list to become an MP. Now who owns the PTP and put her in that position?

Why what a surprise it was her brother Thaksin whose name oddly enough was not on any ballot paper either.

This is a very good reason to have MPs elected through constituency votes only and abolish ALL party list MPs.

Isn't this similar to the NSC Thawil's case except that the then PM was not hauled to court and dismissed. Here we have a court that ordered Ahbisit to reinstate Wongsuwan which he did not and promptly dismissed him from urging by the PAD. Similar political interference with the appointments but the results totally different.

Kinda' difficult to remove Abhisit, as PM, when he had already lost the election to PTP, don't you think? Really, do you ever think?