Scb Internet Banking

I have tried several times to sign up for internet banking through their web portal and at my branch in Aran but no luck. I was thinking of trying their main branch in Bangkok but I can almost predict them saying "you need to do it at your branch", has anyone had a similar experience? :o

I have tried several times to sign up for internet banking through their web portal and at my branch in Aran but no luck. I was thinking of trying their main branch in Bangkok but I can almost predict them saying "you need to do it at your branch", has anyone had a similar experience? :o

Yeah, same story here, I've only done it after closing my old account and opening a new one at the Siam Paragon branch. Opened the account, transfered all the funds and then waited for their confirmation (they said it would take about 3 days and I only got it after 2 weeks when I have visited the branch again and reminded them), after that, you're all set. Bring your passport, passbook and ATM card with you and be specific about telling them you already had an account with them and NO, you didn't needed a work permit or other crap to open it. It worked for me. Good luck!!!

I also had a problem with signing up online for an existing account. It didn't work. The problem at the time had to do with the format of the Thai ID card; I tried to enter my passport number instead, which might have been possible, but I did it the wrong way (no help on the system).

Visiting the branch (Jomtien) cleared it up in no time.

Branch did it for me very quick - not sure how they got around entering a passport number instead of an id card no - not necessary to have an atm card either to get inet access.

Their website does appear to be a bit weak security wise - but most thai banks are the same...

Branch did it for me very quick - not sure how they got around entering a passport number instead of an id card no - not necessary to have an atm card either to get inet access.

Their website does appear to be a bit weak security wise - but most thai banks are the same...

The thai ID card has 13 digits, what I found under my profile after they've opened the internet banking account, was 0's. My passport number contains 10 digits, they've placed three 0's before that. Try it and maybe it's working.

I have a few accounts that I use online with Siam Commercial Bank. You’re online the same day you open the account. You can pay a few bills and check your balances online that’s about it. Not nearly as good as back in the US.

The thai ID card has 13 digits, what I found under my profile after they've opened the internet banking account, was 0's. My passport number contains 10 digits, they've placed three 0's before that. Try it and maybe it's working.

Good point about how to overcome the thai id card and passport id problem - i checked mine and like your it is the necessary amount of leading zeroes.

This raises an interesting point that i would like to understand the thai id card no system better - some months ago i opened an account at the thai savings bank and had a problem putting leading zeroes in the thai id card feild on their system as it was not accepted. So i wonder if there is some form of check digit built into the thai id card no or if it was just the thai savings bank system not allowing leading zeroes as this is not valid - i didnt try other combinations but a call to the bkk main branch sorted it out together with saying that i wish to purchase a property and the poo yai there, i believe, licking his lips at the prospect of overcharging a farang for bank reposessed property and assisiting me with getting an account as i need to have somewhere to put all that transferred cash - well that was the story i told anyway and seemed to work - but thai savings bank dont have inet access yet but should have this year. The branch was very helpful and speaking thai out in the countryside helped siginificantly.

HTH