Convicted gynaecologist Dr Wisut may screen Thai drug addicts

webfact

Convicted doctor may screen drug addicts
The Nation

30240334-01_big.jpg
Dr. Wisut Boonyakasemsanti

BANGKOK: -- The Probation Department is considering assigning Dr Wisut Boonyakasemsanti to screen and rehabilitate drug addicts as a social-service activity under the rules of his probation.

The former gynaecologist, jailed for killing his wife almost a decade ago, was released on Monday for good behaviour.

Department chief Kannikar Saengthong said Wisut would report himself to the Ratchadaphisek Court's probation officials within three days to lay out a probation plan for the next three years, before he could resume a normal life from September 24, 2017. Since Wisut was a doctor and had been treating inmates during his time behind bars, the department believed he could help screen drug addicts on probation for rehabilitation, she said.

Between October 2013 and this June, 18,292 convicts were released from prison on probation, while 17,757 had their prison terms reduced.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Convicted-doctor-may-screen-drug-addicts-30240334.html

[thenation]2014-08-06[/thenation]

He was reported to be very remorseful while in prison with exemplary behaviour and also used his skill as a doctor for the right purposes while in jail. Ghastly as his crime may be, let us find the strength to forgive him and let him spend the rest of his life in doing good deeds.

unbelievable - killed and cut his wife into PIECES 

A very lenient justice system in Thailand...start off giving the guy the death sentence for a hideous murder crime...add in a few sentence reductions via govt pardons...add in good behavior...and you are out in no time.

Well, if they're going to let this guy out, it seems like an appropriate thing to do. 

No, "appropriate" would have been to turn this guy over to the family of the wife he killed, butchered and flushed down two toilets and see how they feel about things. 

Part of me agrees with you, that it would be justice for us to rape the rapists, stab the stabbers, torture the torturers... It feels good to say, to talk about what should be done to horrible people who did horrible things.

That simplistic fairy tale revenge and fairy tale justice isn't how the world works, though. And while it feels cool to say, can you seriously imagine a society functioning like that? 

I agree that the guy shouldn't have been let out. But he's out, so I think the general public needs to get over it put the guy back to work. This seems like a decent way of isolating him from the rest of society.

Complaints need to be directed towards the regulations that allowed him only 10 years in prison, not at continuing to use him as stress relief for revenge-filled fantasies of justice. 
  • Like 2

'Dr. Dismember' might be making rounds again soon
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Now that Wisut "Doctor Dismember" Boonkasemsanti is free from prison, probation officials are considering allowing him to treat patients again.

With three years of probation remaining, an officials with the Department of Probation said they will talk to Wisut ‒ a former gynecologist who brutally murdered, dismembered and flushed his wife down various toilets ‒ about the possibility of providing treatment to drug addicts.

"Dr. Wisut was a doctor," probation official Kannikar Saengthong told the Bangkok Post, tautologically.

"The Department of Probation has a large number of those on parole for drug cases, so it wants Dr. Wisut to help screen and rehabilitate those who use addictive drugs. They are considered patients who deserve treatment. This will be discussed with Dr. Wisut first."

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/08/06/dr-dismember-could-treat-patients-again-soon

[cnb]2014-08-06[/cnb]

A very lenient justice system in Thailand...start off giving the guy the death sentence for a hideous murder crime...add in a few sentence reductions via govt pardons...add in good behavior...and you are out in no time.

...out in no time...? Even if the inmate is a Farang who overstayed his visa and has no money to pay the penalty? whistling.gif

He was reported to be very remorseful while in prison with exemplary behaviour and also used his skill as a doctor for the right purposes while in jail. Ghastly as his crime may be, let us find the strength to forgive him and let him spend the rest of his life in doing good deeds.

unbelievable - killed and cut his wife into PIECES 

But his behavior while in prison was so good it made up for what he did.  facepalm.gif

Yes, his skills should be put to work, perhaps as a prison doctor?

As I recall, didnt this guy try to divorce his wife a number of times but each time the court refused and they remained married?

I recall this refusal to divorce, which is quite common being reconsidered in light of this.

Anyway the guy was effectively forced to remain married to a woman he did not want to be with.

We may also presume that their relationship was very unhealthy.

Perhaps the guy flipped out because of the stress. Its not an excuse but it is perhaps the reason some lenience was applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, rape the rapers and torture the torturers and kill the killers. The current system clearly doesnt work so why not try this one? How many killers were already released and killed again? How many rapers and child offenders repeated their crimes? It seems to me very unjust that somebody is released early knowing he commited premeditated murder, cut her in pieces and flushed everything down the toilet. We are such nice forgiving people...

As I recall, didnt this guy try to divorce his wife a number of times but each time the court refused and they remained married?

I recall this refusal to divorce, which is quite common being reconsidered in light of this.

Anyway the guy was effectively forced to remain married to a woman he did not want to be with.

We may also presume that their relationship was very unhealthy.

Perhaps the guy flipped out because of the stress. Its not an excuse but it is perhaps the reason some lenience was applied.

Yeah sure and chop her up. So if you're 'flipped up' and a doctor you are allowed to unleash your anger? Why is he still a doctor????

• Like 1

'Dr. Dismember' might be making rounds again soon
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Now that Wisut "Doctor Dismember" Boonkasemsanti is free from prison, probation officials are considering allowing him to treat patients again.

With three years of probation remaining, an officials with the Department of Probation said they will talk to Wisut ‒ a former gynecologist who brutally murdered, dismembered and flushed his wife down various toilets ‒ about the possibility of providing treatment to drug addicts.

"Dr. Wisut was a doctor," probation official Kannikar Saengthong told the Bangkok Post, tautologically.

"The Department of Probation has a large number of those on parole for drug cases, so it wants Dr. Wisut to help screen and rehabilitate those who use addictive drugs. They are considered patients who deserve treatment. This will be discussed with Dr. Wisut first."

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/08/06/dr-dismember-could-treat-patients-again-soon

[cnb]2014-08-06[/cnb]

How can they call him "Dr Wisut"  surely he's been struck off the medical register???  FFS  this is madness!  maybe employ him in the morgue he seem good at that - chopping and flushing away

no sense of justice this counrty