Chev LTZ Z71 2.8 or D Max X series 2.5

Eddie01

Hi all tomorrow I'm looking to purchase a new pick up and trying to decide between my 2 favourites. I want to pay around 20 - 30 % and finance the balance. I'd like to hear any positives or negatives on both to help me make the right decision. I have been told isuzu is the number 1 selling pick up in Thailand but it's hard to pass up the colorado at 200hp and a six speed manual . Then on the other hand I hear gmc after sale service is very average. Even people's experience with the finance companies and current rates will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Eddie01

I'd recommend the Isuzu because the quality of the car is better, easier to find cheap servicing anywhere in Thailand and it's resale value. Chevys loose a lot value very quick, probably about 25% just after 1 year. Thais just prefer Isuzu over Chevy.

• Like 1

Just go for what YOU want. Generally if your only paying a 20-30%deposit you will probably need a Thai guarantee. You don't mention if you are a work permit holder! What visa?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi I think I am all good in that department I have a non immigrant B multiple entry visa and a work permit. I have been working here for a year and a half already and have a contract for a few more years cheers

• Like 1

I'd recommend the Isuzu because the quality of the car is better, easier to find cheap servicing anywhere in Thailand and it's resale value. Chevys loose a lot value very quick, probably about 25% just after 1 year. Thais just prefer Isuzu over Chevy.

To be honest I'm leaning more towards the isuzu at the moment but I think the chev is a great pick up also. I don't want to pass on the chev too quickly as it presents good value for money.

To be honest I'm leaning more towards the isuzu at the moment but I think the chev is a great pick up also. I don't want to pass on the chev too quickly as it presents good value for money.

Why do you think the Chevy is great?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why do you think the Chevy is great?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice body shape , 200hp , 6 speed manual , the infotainment system looks pretty good . Very popular back in Australia. It has a bit of a big pick up feel looking over the bonnet too.

Actually chev and zuzu made same place and have many of the exact same parts, features and design. I too also pondered this for a while and settled on....Chevy for the value. I got top of line 4 x 4, auto, largest engine, chevy for 900000. Zuzu couldnt even come close. Who cares about resale value? Way overrated. Best value for money hands down Chevy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I went to chev this morning first and looked at the Ltz z71 2.8 . The deal was 890k drive away and they wanted 35% down payment and 2.7% interest over 4 years. They included a few accessories like tub liner , mats , wind deflectors, 1st class insurance and a full tank. Then I went to isuzu only to find out that the x series I wanted doesn't have air bags which is no good to me. You can however get an airbag model in an auto only for 981k. I ended up buying a Hi Lander 3.0 VGS Navi in the pearl white with the sports bar body kit thingy so it looks just like the X series but with navigation , leather seats , tub liner , tint , mats 1 st class insurance , free servicing up to 50,000km, 10% off all future servicing , paint protection and a full tank. Paid 913k with 25% deposit and 2.65% over 4 years . I only paid a 3000 booking fee today and will be contacted by isuzu finance in the coming days then I'll pay the 25% on delivery I about 1 month.

• Like 1

Actually chev and zuzu made same place and have many of the exact same parts, features and design. I too also pondered this for a while and settled on....Chevy for the value. I got top of line 4 x 4, auto, largest engine, chevy for 900000. Zuzu couldnt even come close. Who cares about resale value? Way overrated. Best value for money hands down Chevy.

Exactly. I'm more interested in having a car I enjoy driving than what it might sell for in 5 or 10 years time.

Admittedly, I wouldn't touch a Chevy with a shitty stick, but who cares what anyone else thinks?

Used to be true, but not anymore for quite some time now.

Nope still same same. Did alot of research before I bought my truck. But really doesnt matter because OP got an Izuzu. To each his own.

Nope still same same. Did alot of research before I bought my truck. But really doesnt matter because OP got an Izuzu. To each his own.

may I ask what is the same? drivetrain???

Thought they each had different engines now....?

Edited by transam

yep I believe so but would be interested to find out from the poster who said they were the same, how in fact they are?

I agree with you on the resale I wasn't the least bit concerned about that but this time isuzu put together a better deal . If old mate at chev moved a bit on the price I just may have purchased it.

yeah isuzu still has their chain driven turbo diesel and chev has a new duramax belt driven turbo of their own design . Maintenance costs of the isuzu are supposed to be lower also .

• Like 1

Should have done more research :)

• Like 1

Should have done more research smile.png

cheesy.gif

I got the chevy 2.8 LTZ, great car, add some 20 inch rims to it and it looks perfect. my FIL just bought the Isuzu version also very nice and comes with GPS which chevy lacks.

Of course I still like my chevy more then his Brand new top model Isuzu thumbsup.gifwai2.gif MY chevy is 2 years old so still the latest model.

Edited by likewise

I got navi system, 4x4 automatic trans, airbags, rear camera, leather interior, tint, electric everything, bed liner, insurance, heck I dont know what else to say except top of the line Chevy (Isuzu look like) for 900000. My navi system rocks has TV, can connect bluetooth to any device, and can hook straight into my ipad for music or movies. Oh yeah it has a DVD player also. No other manufacture could beat the offer I got. How do I know, because after I got the offer on paper I took it back to Isuzu and Toyota and both said they couldnt touch it. To each his own for manufacture, I just wanted to get the most bang for my baht buck.

I got navi system, 4x4 automatic trans, airbags, rear camera, leather interior, tint, electric everything, bed liner, insurance, heck I dont know what else to say except top of the line Chevy (Isuzu look like) for 900000. My navi system rocks has TV, can connect bluetooth to any device, and can hook straight into my ipad for music or movies. Oh yeah it has a DVD player also. No other manufacture could beat the offer I got. How do I know, because after I got the offer on paper I took it back to Isuzu and Toyota and both said they couldnt touch it. To each his own for manufacture, I just wanted to get the most bang for my baht buck.

Perhaps for some, gizmo's mean nothing, other stuff matters.........Me, I am a "other stuff" guy.

Wow, 900,000Baht for TOR 4*4 Auto Pickup, that is really good going ... the Isuzu engine is apparently better but what the heck .............by the way I have an Isuzuwink.png

Now get a good window film from here ..http://www.laminafilms.com/main.php?hm=product&op=car&type=film&cate=ss and glass coat from a reputable dealer ... cracked it and you still have 50,000Baht from the normal price.

enjoy