Now, may the fight be clean and fair

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

so she is being tried for negligence, ...

where did all the rice go?

I read that the junta checked nearly 300 warehouses in the northeast - which is one region where you would expect rice corruption if it is linked to the PTP, right.

around 300 warehouses, around 4000 bag of rice missing... from 23 million bags. Rounds off at about 0.018% missing. That's negligible, not negligence ...

The scam paid 15,000 per tonne for paddy, of which the farmers got 12,000, this equates to about 25,000 baht per tonne of milled rice. Of which close to 20% is rotten, and they can sell the rest for an average of 10,000 baht per tonne. You are talking about losses of over 600 billion baht.

If thats not negligence I dont know what is.

The benefit to poor farmers was minscule, the benefit of sweetheart deals to rich farmers, rice miller, transport and storage companies, selling the rice to preferred buyers at steep discounts, not making accounts publice and lying about various deal and lying about the extent of the losses and all kind sof related scams is monumental.

If this is not corruption I dont know what is.

Its a scam, wake up.

how the system works and who it benefits is one thing, corruption and negligence are another - in the same report from the numbers above the junta identified 0.08% had been damaged by flooding.

That is just for the northeast, just 300 warehouses, and it is just for 23 million sacks of rice. But the junta did the checking themselves and that is a lot of rice to comb through.... And that is a really small amount of missing & damaged rice. I personally would have never believed it was such a small percentage.

So add it up, that is not 1 percent, that is less than 0.01% damaged or missing in Isaan...

Haven't seen the numbers for Surat Thani yet, ....

The PTP government also said that they had checked ALL the rice stocks and that nothing was missing or damaged and they a whole week to do it in.

The military took over a month and DID find missing stocks and rotten rice.

Who would I believe? Well it wouldn't be the PTP government, that's for sure.

That was the PTP answer to any and every question - simply lie.

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ by trying to defend this scam you are insulting your own intelligence. I have no issue with subsidy for rice farmers, but i have issue with the way the so called subsidy has been implemented, the permutations of various scams that can be concocted with this style of 'subsidy' are endless, then on top of that you have the incompetence and negligence and you have something legendary even by thai standards.

Its hard to believe but i would not be surprised if yingluck knows little about this project, even though she was the nominal head.

Will a CEO of a large corporation know that the janitor is stealing toilet roll? Still we have to put the blame on the CEO for not implementing a better system to prevent corruption or call that poor management. She can't run away from the fact that the scheme was poorly thought out and poorly implemented. I have to add that even the Ahbisit government Strong Thailand scheme have its fair share of poor management criticism and corruption.
The structure of the scam was to make corruption as easy as possible, benefits to farmers were a secondary consideration. The scam wasted 15,000 baht per tonne and brought in increased benefits to farmers of a few thousand baht per tonne, the design of the scam was to ensure as much as possible could be skimmed.

There was no reason to continue with the pledging once it was realised that the hoarding the rice could not change the world market price.

Just stop with the defense, acknowledge it was a scam right from the start.

Acknowledge what? You keep calling scam but in all the NCPO statements regarding the rice probe, I have never heard them mentioned the word scam. Even Khun Supa who was very vocal on massive corruption had gone public and retracted her statement and said she has no evidence and changed her allegation to a meek response that the rice scheme could possibly risk corruption. So all your words and no one is impressed.

^ by trying to defend this scam you are insulting your own intelligence. I have no issue with subsidy for rice farmers, but i have issue with the way the so called subsidy has been implemented, the permutations of various scams that can be concocted with this style of 'subsidy' are endless, then on top of that you have the incompetence and negligence and you have something legendary even by thai standards.

Its hard to believe but i would not be surprised if yingluck knows little about this project, even though she was the nominal head.

Will a CEO of a large corporation know that the janitor is stealing toilet roll? Still we have to put the blame on the CEO for not implementing a better system to prevent corruption or call that poor management. She can't run away from the fact that the scheme was poorly thought out and poorly implemented. I have to add that even the Ahbisit government Strong Thailand scheme have its fair share of poor management criticism and corruption.
The structure of the scam was to make corruption as easy as possible, benefits to farmers were a secondary consideration. The scam wasted 15,000 baht per tonne and brought in increased benefits to farmers of a few thousand baht per tonne, the design of the scam was to ensure as much as possible could be skimmed.

There was no reason to continue with the pledging once it was realised that the hoarding the rice could not change the world market price.

Acknowledge what? You keep calling scam but in all the NCPO statements regarding the rice probe, I have never heard them mentioned the word scam. Even Khun Supa who was very vocal on massive corruption had gone public and retracted her statement and said she has no evidence and changed her allegation to a meek response that the rice scheme could possibly risk corruption. So all your words and no one is impressed.

Well Eric, your words, my words and any other farangs words on this subject on Thai visa have equal value to the Thai people.

They are worth absolutely nothing.

Anybody can fill dozens or hundreds or posts on Thai visa and nothing will be done about it by the Thai people so we, all of us, are only posting to each other and making not a blind bit of difference in Thailand.

If ever the case reaches the Supreme Court, the conviction must be unaniminous by the judges. A split decision of 4-5, retro active laws and insufficient grounds for defence were the type of doubts that generated from Taksin case.

What doubts?

Guilty is guilty regardless of the split or not.

Crazy Eric is just spouting his usual defend the red side in any way possibly bull%$&^$ propaganda, same as he has been well brainwashed to always do cheesy.gif

Come on Tingee Tongee, ain't you doing the same on the other side? Dingdong.

Nope, I defend the truth and common sense...

so she is being tried for negligence, ...

where did all the rice go?

I read that the junta checked nearly 300 warehouses in the northeast - which is one region where you would expect rice corruption if it is linked to the PTP, right.

around 300 warehouses, around 4000 bag of rice missing... from 23 million bags. Rounds off at about 0.018% missing. That's negligible, not negligence ...

your investigative skills are very lacking, why is that, maybe because it favours your ptp/red brothers. Now try reading exactly how much rice is missing in the whole country after the ptp/yl said there was none unnacounted for, quite a bit more than 4,000 but we already know what to expect from the appologists.

the numbers above from the northeast are the Junta numbers. Call them apologists if you want!

I recall similar non-crisis numbers from the northern provinces, too - again, Junta numbers - fresh, ink hasn't dried....

Now, if I were to break from the "official" Junta numbers and just start claiming that all the missing rice was in Surat Thani, then your apologist remark might get some traction...

so you think the north east is not part of the greater Thailand, yl was pm of Thailand, not just the NE, her and her ministers claimed that there was no rice missing and there were no rorts involved. Whether your english skills or understanding are very low to not be able to accept this fact is your problem but when you talk about Thailand it is the whole country not just the red aligned bits. You really are showing us all just how pathetic red supporters are when they cannot fathom this fact. She was the head honcho for the rice scheme for all of Thailand, she had the responsibility for it to be open and honest which she never did, she never even sat in on any of the discussions/meetings, too busy shopping. Maybe you simply do not understand that when someone has the responsibility for something like this involving the whole country they are the ones that have their in the sling when it fails which it did. You are stuck with the red mantra of the north east is Thailand when it simply isnt the truth, I really feel sorry for people like you that are unable to understand the whole truth, all you are capable of is just what the reds tell you, truly pathetic. 300 out of how many thousand wharehouses, mate you are just too ****ing muchblink.png

easy, easy,

you're gonna blow a gasket...

If you pay attention to the content of my post, you will see that I am using the available numbers from the Junta. That happens to be from the NE. But if there were PTP related corruption, that would be one place to look, wouldn't it?

I did not expect numbers that low, nor do I really expect to have wild variations in different regions.

The Junta was scheduled to finish looking at all of Thailand rice warehouses a month ago. But I have not seen any final data from the Junta. It's possible that they are still rolling it up. (Or massaging it?) A month seems like a bit of a delay, but the junta has been busy, so let's let them pick a PM first and then...

Of course, it is possible that the rest of the country mirrors Isaan and there isn"t really anything 'bad' to report, ergo, no report.

What doubts?

Guilty is guilty regardless of the split or not.

Crazy Eric is just spouting his usual defend the red side in any way possibly bull%$&^$ propaganda, same as he has been well brainwashed to always do cheesy.gif

the truth is that this case is political - and so was Thaksin's

that much is obvious.

that much is obvious.

completely agree. Pure politics, nothing to do with adhering to and respecting the law. That's not for politicians, and certainly not for Shinawatras, allegedly that is rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, right she changed her mind. No threats over losing her job at all, were there. Edited by Bluespunk

that much is obvious.

THE TRUTH is that the 'red' side wants to try and make people believe that it is 'political' because it suits their agenda, trying to hide their crimes behind their cries of 'political persecution' and 'judicial coup' and all the other bs of the last 10 years. The truth is that their brainwashed sheeple such as yourself will instantly believe whatever they tell you to believe and spread it, despite it being erroneous.

POLITICAL was having Suthep and Abhisit brought up on murder charges to try and strong arm them into agreeing to the amnesty for Thaksin and his multitude of cronies to whitewash 25,000 crimes because the bs charges against them would also be whitewashed if they agreed to it. THAT was political.

Yeah, right she changed her mind. No threats over losing her job at all, were there.

Using your analogy crazy Eric, the millers would be closer to office workers than janitors and they were stealing millions of baht, not just a few toilet rolls. The CEO should see that his office is haemourraging cash and wonder why and take steps to find out what is going on. Once the investigation has been conducted he should take action to ensure the interests of the company are protected....Unfortunately, since the CEO in the case of the rice scam had no interests in acting responsibly and keeping the workers in check as she didn't give a stuff about her shareholders ( being every honest hard working tax paying citizen of the country ) - we ended up with the mess we are in now....Try to refute, deny and deflect all you want, but this is the truth.