Overrated and Underrated things about Bangkok

cloudos

- Tuk Tuk minus for the 'view' and 'comfort' factors. What a joke !

I always go by moto or taxi.

I love tuk tuks when the traffic conditions are right: you get the the benefits of a mototaxi ride, but you also get to sit back and relax. Plus, I never seem to get ripped off, as I always know to expect 100BHT beforehand—kind of a special occasion thing, I guess. Otherwise, mototaxis and super fast speeds are brilliant! (Esp. when traffic is heavy.)

boring..............

Yes you must be a very boring and small minded individual.

If you cannot contribute anything constructive just keep your thoughts to yourself.

But it's ok for you not to be constructive while instructing others to be constructive? Perhaps you should keep your hypocritical comments to yourself

Edited by Zeegator

Takes about 3 days in Bangkok to see what's worth seeing then it turns into any other big city......except Paris...

Sorry to disagree with you, takes about 1 day to see anything of interest in Bkk.

Personally I prefer lets say, London or New York, Paris goes without saying.

Heck there is more to see and do in Amsterdam.

Bangkok is a town with 1000 faces, that's still surprises me every day , after living here for 6 years en visited it for more dan 40 years.

The given remarks only show a total ignorance about Kotomo

Kotomo, sorry lost me there, is that somewhere in Japan?

Yeah, see the tourists flocking to such places as Prasamut Chedi and Prapadaeng everyday (not).

Personally I thought the city had about 10 million faces, less in Songkran when many head off back upcountry.

I live in Bang Kapi, and regualarly visit Prakanong where the mrs was born, On Nut where the wife has family, Sam Rong etc etc, none of them on the tourist map. You live where?

Even the mrs is pissed off, the Issan places on Petchaburi Rd are long since gone, you may remember places such as The Issan Darling or Dara cafe?

What pisses the mrs off even more, there are no decent Likay to go and watch, we either have to go upcountry of go to Rayong, saddening the Thai way of life is dying out, they would rather have KPop culture.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Takes about 3 days in Bangkok to see what's worth seeing then it turns into any other big city......except Paris...

Sorry to disagree with you, takes about 1 day to see anything of interest in Bkk.

of course there'smore to do in Amsterdam. It has thousands of historic features and stories, some of m are world famous and even world changing. Now back to Bangkok....eeeeeeeeeuh world changing. nope. world famous features.. nope. It really is to me just another uninteresting city like many. I liked the palace of the king...

No offense, but you make Amsterdam sound like a boring place, and then you must have seen the wrong side of it that's all

Maybe you just don't know all that BKK has to offer:

- Wat's

- Historic buildings; both govt & non

- Excellent food; to include markets, resturants, food stalls,...

- Chinatown

- Shopping; to include quality and affordable all in the same/near location.

- Entertainment, to include both family & adult

- Beaches. close proximity both north and south

- Great central mass transit, to include light rail, bus, taxi; all at affordable prices

- Excellent parks w/running tracks

On and on and on...

People saying BKK has nothing to do are wrong.

Bangkok has it all - nightlife, restuarants, bars, art galleries, museums (the forensic one is well worth a look), sporting events (Muay Thai, horse racing, football), people watching, street life, shopping, boat rides, temples, palaces, markets

What more do you want?

Every week in BKK there's a ton of events and things going on if you know where to look.

Hotels in BKK are first class and very reasonably priced compared to other countries.

Ex TGF took me to some amazing elfresco restaurants, never in a million years would i have found them, dinner for 2 amazingly cheap.

Shopping either for brands or copts second to none in the world.

JJ market been many times and still find undiscovered stalls...i love spending the day there even if its just window shopping.