Retirement Extension - How Long Will I Get?

I will be overseas for a few weeks and I do not think I can get my retirment extension renewed before I leave. I am due to arrive back about 4 days before my current extension expires.

How long will I be stamped in for when I return to Thailand?

Thanks

You will get 4 days if that is how much that is left on your extension. The immigration officer may ask if that is all you want and if you say OK he will stamp you in for 30 days.

But those 4 days should be enough to get your extension done.

Thanks Joe.

Of course I hope to get the extension done in those 4 days, even if they do include a Sunday and Public Holiday. My concern was in case there was a bureaucratic SNAFU that causes me to go overtime. I would have to leave and start again, but I don't want to leave again in 4 days. 30 days would be fine with me.

Thanks

Edited by CRUNCHER

You can renew it up to 30 days before it expires.

Thanks for that.

Leaving date is not yet fixed. It will be more than 30 days, but maybe less than 45 days. If that is so I will give Jomtien Immigration a try. If they are helpful - problem solved. If not I just wanted to know where I will stand.

Thanks Joe.

Of course I hope to get the extension done in those 4 days, even if they do include a Sunday and Public Holiday. My concern was in case there was a bureaucratic SNAFU that causes me to go overtime. I would have to leave and start again, but I don't want to leave again in 4 days. 30 days would be fine with me.

Thanks

If the 4 days was not going to be enough you could apply for a 7 day extension to get more time. Better than having to start all over again.

Thanks Joe.

Thanks

If the 4 days was not going to be enough you could apply for a 7 day extension to get more time. Better than having to start all over again.

Didn't know I could get a 7 day extension. I have learnt something that should make life easier. Thanks again Joe.

"You will get 4 days if that is how much that is left on your extension."

For those that don't know, the four days would only be given if you have a re-entry permit.

"30 days would be fine with me."

Taking the 30 days would be like starting over.

• Like 2

"You will get 4 days if that is how much that is left on your extension."

For those that don't know, the four days would only be given if you have a re-entry permit.

"30 days would be fine with me."

Taking the 30 days would be like starting over.

Yes exactly: if you get stamped in on a visa waiver, your retirement extension will be superseded, and you will be starting from a visa waiver entry. You cannot get an annual extension directly from a visa waiver entry.

Best to make sure he just stamps you in for the four days, as the retirement extension specifies, otherwise you may be in for a big hassle!

• Like 2

Thanks Joe.

Thanks

But would be allowed to apply during the 7 days "denied" extension ? The new rules suggest he would not.

Is it possible to get retirement visa extension in somewhere else than where I have got my original and all extensions (about ten) since.

I live in chiang Mai and have always got my extension here but Q is full and I am wondering if I can go to Krabi where there are very few people on Queue, usually no one waiting. Or Chiang Rai or anywhere else.

Does anyone know what Chiang Rai is like for queue?

Is it possible to get retirement visa extension in somewhere else than where I have got my original and all extensions (about ten) since.

I live in chiang Mai and have always got my extension here but Q is full and I am wondering if I can go to Krabi where there are very few people on Queue, usually no one waiting. Or Chiang Rai or anywhere else.

There are no queues in Chiang Rai. At this stage they are saying that for an extension of stay for retirement you have to attend their main office at Mae Sai. However you have to attend the office where you live. If you live in the area covered by Chiang Mai then you have to attend there.

Thanks Joe.

Thanks

But would be allowed to apply during the 7 days "denied" extension ? The new rules suggest he would not.

What new rules? There are none. Nothing for the 7 days to leave was changed in the police order. They only took out the right to appeal.

You cannot go to a different office from the one where you live. You must use the one where you live.

That is why most offices ask for proof of residence when you apply for extensions.

Just go stand in the morning lines.

Thanks Joe.

Thanks

What new rules? There are none. Nothing for the 7 days to leave was changed in the police order. They only took out the right to appeal.

Correct. What I'm saying is that OP could not apply at all during the 7 days extension, because that constitute an appeal (even if technically a new application) for something for which he has been denied already.

In other words seems to me that by removing that wording, 7 days extension are truly final, no further applications are then possible .

Correct. What I'm saying is that OP could not apply at all during the 7 days extension, because that constitute an appeal (even if technically a new application) for something for which he has been denied already.

In other words seems to me that by removing that wording, 7 days extension are truly final, no further applications are then possible .

The denied extension would be for the 7 day extension application not the retirement extension. So he can still apply for the retirement extension. Nothing has changed from what they have been doing for years.