Someplace To Learn Japanese In Pattaya?

Nashboy

I'd be interested to know if anyone could point me to someplace in the Pattaya area that offers the opportunity to learn the Japanese language. Thank you in advance!

May I say good luck. I have been studying Japanese for years and I still have a long way to go. I would strongly advise learning Katakana and Hiragana in the beginning as that will really help you pronounce the words correctly. (I am assuming that you are a beginner so sorry if I am incorrect). If you need any help, let me know.

If you check the Pattaya Mail classified section at the back; there was a Japanese lady advertising Japanese lessons every week; if she no longer advertises then place an advert yourself.

I have been learning Japanese for many years; I am mainly self-taught with use of audio CD's and during visits to Japan joined a (free) language school, but certainly make the effort to learn Hiragana and Katakana scripts; each script has 46 basic kana characters, each of which represents one syllable.

If you do this first; (it takes a few weeks determination to learn), then your spoken Japanese will improve when you read from learning books and scripts.

Good luck!

Hajimamashite

Watashi wa Bojangles desu

Dozo yoroshiku :D

I concur with libya and hiromj. Although i know Hirigana and Katakana, my mind just couldn't get to grips with Kanji. I'm getting a little rusty now with Japanese (mainly, as i have no one to practice with) but also as i am too busy trying to learn Thai.

Best of luck and master Hirigana and Katakana (believe me, it's easier than the Thai alphabet) :o

Hajimamashite

Watashi wa Bojangles desu

Dozo yoroshiku :D

I concur with libya and hiromj. Although i know Hirigana and Katakana, my mind just couldn't get to grips with Kanji. I'm getting a little rusty now with Japanese (mainly, as i have no one to practice with) but also as i am too busy trying to learn Thai.

Best of luck and master Hirigana and Katakana (believe me, it's easier than the Thai alphabet) :o

If you want to learn Kanji, buy a book called "Remembering the Kanji" by James W. Heisig. Every geijin that I know that can read Kanji used this book. It's called the bible.

Also, Hiragana and Katakana has 46 base characters but with the modifiers, it takes it up to 71. I taught myself Katakana in one day. It took me 8 hours of constant studying and my brain was dead for the next two weeks but it can be done, even with my beer soaked brain.

If you ever travel to Japan, knowing Hira and Kana will really help you get around. I've been living here off and on for 8 years and found that knowing kanji is not totally necessary.

Again OP, if you need help or have questions, feel free to ask.