Taking care of the Family.

sipi

If the family were careful and sensible id help, sadly most of them are stupid and idle and we dont help. She has one older Brother who was a teacher who is ok and an older Sister who is ok, the rest (10 in total) are all but useless bums, of course she gets called "blackheart" by them but she got over that many years ago.

I don't know anyone in the west who ever gave their parents money.

I do know many in the west who received money from their parents, until their parents died.

So no, never helped my parents out, but they gave me loads.

(Same for my wife in America, her parents gave, we received)

I hope my children give me money, FAT CHANCE!

Im currently in the Uk for 6 weeks, my parents arent poor arent rich they have been careful BUT I have still just spent over £1500 helping them out and I really dont want this money back, not just the money I have stripped out and replaced 3 misted up double glazed units one patio door, two bath rails, cleaned their conservatory roof, fitted new hosepipes around the garden, did all their shopping for the last few weeks, arranged a friend to come daily to check they are ok, been to the hospital with them, then cleaned out all gutters vacuumed the house twice fitted a new kitchen sink tap, stayed up all night with my Dad whose very ill so my mum could have a rest etc etc

Im "from the West" sorry to shatter your illusionwink.png

When I first met my Thai Wife they helped me with a few thousand £ to buy one of four condos (actually 3000 for rental purposes) which my Wife started to run which led to MUCH bigger things, shes been to the Uk 3 times in the last 8 years and always stayed at My parents, they helped me when i needed a bit of help, Ill help them now and my Wife is in full agreement

Of course I am aware of what they now call "bank of Mum and dad" and there are some youngsters who think its "normal", theyll probably never stand on their own 2 feet.

Parents both 86 years old and they have about 40k in the bank so they dont really need it BUT I want to help them and more so my Wife

Edited by kannot
  • Like 2

I don't know anyone in the west who ever gave their parents money.

I do know many in the west who received money from their parents, until their parents died.

So no, never helped my parents out, but they gave me loads.

(Same for my wife in America, her parents gave, we received)

I hope my children give me money, FAT CHANCE!

Ditto...

Except for the kids.

We decided long time ago to have none because we would not be able to spoil them as we were.

Don't get confused between "helping" and "spending money on". We bought my wifes mother a washing machine, We bought my mum a handbag. We bought my wifes father a jacket and pair of shoes. We bought my dad a box of chocolates......

No-one was "helping" anyone.

• Like 1