Chuwit Acquitted

george

Chuwit acquitted

BANGKOK: -- Following a lengthy trial relating to the demolition of Sukhumvit Square bars and shops in early-2003, the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court Thursday acquitted former Chat Thai MP Chuwit Kamolvisit and his associates.

But a corporate lawyer was sentenced to eight months in jail after evidence showed his involvement in the case.

A lawsuit filed by 103 plaintiffs had demanded Bt103 million in compensation and maximum penalties. It claimed that, at about 4am on January 26, 2003, Chuwit and his accomplices had bulldozed 60 beer bars and shops on the 10-rai square and then cordoned off the area, barring business owners from returning to see what was left.

However, charges of damaging property, intrusion, illegal detention and forcing others to act against their will against Chuwit, Lt-Colonel Himalai Phewphan of the Supreme Command, Army Major Thanyathep Thamathorn and 126 others were dismissed by the court on the grounds that the plaintiffs' testimonies did not carry enough weight.

The incident took place during darkness and it was impossible to identify who carried out the demolition, the court said.

The charges against Chuwit were not strong, as he was merely the property owner who had sublet it to others, while there was no evidence against Himalai, Thanyathep and other security guards who were in charge of the area's security.

However, the court found evidence of the involvement of lawyer Chanvej Malaibucha, who worked for the Nickel Company that carried out the demolition. He was initially sentenced to one year in jail, but this was reduced to eight months because of his useful testimony.

-- The Nation 2006-07-13

Nope this is a done deal .... never expected to see Chuwit in real trouble either ...

If I remember the story right they had been warned for months with letters of eviction etc ... sad all the same

Nope this is a done deal .... never expected to see Chuwit in real trouble either ...

If I remember the story right they had been warned for months with letters of eviction etc ... sad all the same

Thanks jd.

It was pretty brutal though as they went in overnight and bulldozed the lot. My friend had just bought a new pool table, she might have been able to recoup some of her losses... Still I guess if they had told them they were coming then things would have turned nasty.

Its fascinating being a foreigner watching how things work in other countries. Back home in the UK it takes months to move people off of land, here they do it in minutes....

Chuwit acquitted

BANGKOK: -- Following a lengthy trial relating to the demolition of Sukhumvit Square bars and shops in early-2003, the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court Thursday acquitted former Chat Thai MP Chuwit Kamolvisit and his associates.

But a corporate lawyer was sentenced to eight months in jail after evidence showed his involvement in the case.

A lawsuit filed by 103 plaintiffs had demanded Bt103 million in compensation and maximum penalties. It claimed that, at about 4am on January 26, 2003, Chuwit and his accomplices had bulldozed 60 beer bars and shops on the 10-rai square and then cordoned off the area, barring business owners from returning to see what was left.

However, charges of damaging property, intrusion, illegal detention and forcing others to act against their will against Chuwit, Lt-Colonel Himalai Phewphan of the Supreme Command, Army Major Thanyathep Thamathorn and 126 others were dismissed by the court on the grounds that the plaintiffs' testimonies did not carry enough weight.

The incident took place during darkness and it was impossible to identify who carried out the demolition, the court said.

The charges against Chuwit were not strong, as he was merely the property owner who had sublet it to others, while there was no evidence against Himalai, Thanyathep and other security guards who were in charge of the area's security.

However, the court found evidence of the involvement of lawyer Chanvej Malaibucha, who worked for the Nickel Company that carried out the demolition. He was initially sentenced to one year in jail, but this was reduced to eight months because of his useful testimony.

-- The Nation 2006-07-13

The court acquitted this man together with his associates due to lack of evidences? Probably strong solid strings had being pulled positively. He was the owner of many up market bath & massage parlous living on the moralities of young ladies, sharing more then half of what his girls had earned by selling her souls satisfying men in bath tubs thru his pimps. Imagine how he got his legalised operating licences. :o

My understanding most or all of the beer bars there were not licenced so hence that were paying the police to stay open. Translation no books, no proof.

On another note Chuwit has erected a huge phallic symbol on the site.

As for your opinion on what he did giffarine, it is simply supply and demand. Corruption has reduced the cash flow to the poor, so the industry exists. I don’t think Chuwit invented the industry, he just is a businessman who saw there was a need hence opportunity. I also suspect he did not encourage the girls to work there, the money situation at home did. The girls went in with open eyes knowing full well what was ahead. The girls had and still do have choice.

If the government can’t provide the people will adapt. Don’t blame him, blame corruption. Chuwit is far down the line from where you need to aim your remarks. Thailand has a CCO ‘Chief corruption officer’ also known as PM.

The court acquitted this man together with his associates due to lack of evidences? Probably strong solid strings had being pulled positively. He was the owner of many up market bath & massage parlous living on the moralities of young ladies, sharing more then half of what his girls had earned by selling her souls satisfying men in bath tubs thru his pimps. Imagine how he got his legalised operating licences. :o

I thought that the massage parlour workers actually rented their bodies....I never thought that they sold their souls. If you think that these women sell thier souls then you must think that none of them have a soul.....is that right? Do you think that all sex workers are soulless? If this is what you are saying then I guess you think that the soul resides in the genitals...is this right? What a novel idea....the soul resides in the genitals!!!! I don't know where the soul resides but I never suspected that it might be the genitals....I'll have to meditate on this one.

I remember when most of the naysayers didn't think that a park would ever be built. He said he'd do it and he did, regardless of the incredible value of the dirt underneath.

Looking long term though, his kids and perhaps grandkids have a nice little nest egg there to develop.

:o

The court acquitted this man together with his associates due to lack of evidences? Probably strong solid strings had being pulled positively. He was the owner of many up market bath & massage parlous living on the moralities of young ladies, sharing more then half of what his girls had earned by selling her souls satisfying men in bath tubs thru his pimps. Imagine how he got his legalised operating licences. :D

I thought that the massage parlour workers actually rented their bodies....I never thought that they sold their souls. If you think that these women sell thier souls then you must think that none of them have a soul.....is that right? Do you think that all sex workers are soulless? If this is what you are saying then I guess you think that the soul resides in the genitals...is this right? What a novel idea....the soul resides in the genitals!!!! I don't know where the soul resides but I never suspected that it might be the genitals....I'll have to meditate on this one.

Depend on which part of her souls you consider within. Not all massage parlour workers rent out their bodies, genuine masseurs sell their skills massaging clients & they are not sex workers as what Chuwit have offer thru his bath houses. Wasn’t he was the greatest sex providing boss of all bosses managing hundreds if not thousands in the sex trades industry? :o

He lined hundreds of his seated girls waiting for clients picking up for pot shots. His attending pimps greet guest as lords. Your chosen girl will hugs you as any strangers who choose them, holding stranger’s arms walking them to rooms with only objective providing sexual pleasure had already sold her soul of her mind. She sell off her soul further thru her mouth pleasuring strangers genitals & finally using her geniality tool blowing your off. Meanwhile her bosses gathered wealth getting more then half the amount of her works had tried to become a governor, then MP & well known politician. How could he possibly be convicted to strip off his status? :D

I remember when most of the naysayers didn't think that a park would ever be built. He said he'd do it and he did, regardless of the incredible value of the dirt underneath.

Looking long term though, his kids and perhaps grandkids have a nice little nest egg there to develop.

At the moment I think Chuwit is a better candidate for PM than Thaksin, at least he is open and now seemingly honoring his word. Thaksin however us spreading his lies beyond the borders of the Kingdom to heads of state of other countries. No morals, no face left.

At the moment I think Chuwit is a better candidate for PM than Thaksin, at least he is open and now seemingly honoring his word. Thaksin however us spreading his lies beyond the borders of the Kingdom to heads of state of other countries. No morals, no face left.

Great if Mr. Chuwit become Mr. PM not MP striped off, more legalized bath houses will operates energizing sex industries! Kick Thaksin out install Chuwit?