Four men sought for vicious Phuket attack on Chinese tourist

webfact

The Chinese tourists are quite disgusting though, I have to agree with the Thais on that one. Spitting in the streets, never queuing, playing loud music in their hotel rooms late into the night and smoking everywhere.... disgusting!

Are you talking about Thais? it seems that way to me

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Thailand, Mr Guo. I do hope you haven't suffered any permanent injury. And a hearty congratulations to your attackers for providing the perfect reason for not employing them.

Are you able now to appreciate the Thai culture and will you want to return?

I have never read anything that has said Thailand forces tourists to come to Thailand. Buyer beware.

So you mean that only people forced to come to Thailand can comment or complain about monkey?

The fact that you dont read enough is not a starting point to make the above assuption.

Four on one.

Premeditated.

Random.

Unprovoked.

Beat and kick with full intent to maim and kill.

How do you know it was unprovoked? I don't know anything about this Chinese man, but I do know what Chinese are like.

Come on now, we don't want to let the facts get in the way of some more Thai bashing!

That's exactly what this story is about: Thai bashing. Four Thais bashing the $hit out of a defenseless tourist...

Troll much?

Why not wait for the facts?

Wonder how the Thai apologists will spin this one.

eh ? What is a 'thai apologist' ? Someone who doesn't feel the need to racially abuse them every day ?

Violence happens everywhere, all over the world - you would need to be certifiably insane to go out in some areas after dark in London or New York so whats your point ?

TV mods - the daily racist undertones are getting ridiculous - its about time you stepped up and followed your own rules !!!

Although I whole-heatedly agree the racist undertones have really surfaced since the KT beach killings, I think it is a very naive and over-simplification to suggest this violence happens everywhere. Please do show me the headlines of this random violence of 4 on 1 against a tourist in other nations' headlines. (Not the Thai newspaper that cant be named).

• Like 1

I'm a permanent resident in Thailand and just love the place and its people. However, I've never been to Phuket and everything that has happened in the last few weeks convinces me not to go any time soon. Maybe I will change my mind if they can do something about the apparent rampant crime and make it safe for me and my family.

We paid a visit to Karon in Feb 2012.

One evening as we walked back to our hotel, shots were fired in the driveway of a posh 4,000b hotel opposite.

We ran like hell and hid.

We shall not revisit nor recommend it.

We haven't been to Pattia and other such tourist places and from what I've read here - we never will.

Glad that we are not saying RIP to the poor tourist,

only - Get well soon.

eh ? What is a 'thai apologist' ? Someone who doesn't feel the need to racially abuse them every day ?

Violence happens everywhere, all over the world - you would need to be certifiably insane to go out in some areas after dark in London or New York so whats your point ?

TV mods - the daily racist undertones are getting ridiculous - its about time you stepped up and followed your own rules !!!

Although I whole-heatedly agree the racist undertones have really surfaced since the KT beach killings, I think it is a very naive and over-simplification to suggest this violence happens everywhere. Please do show me the headlines of this random violence of 4 on 1 against a tourist in other nations' headlines. (Not the Thai newspaper that cant be named).

It's a daily occurrence in most European countries and the perps are vigilantes who control "the religion of peace" - no go areas.

This is not a racist comment - a religion is not a race.

I'm glad I'm old and I feel sorry for the grandkids who will have to endure this continual down slide.

The current way of the world seems unreal - like a science fiction movie....

Maybe Mary Whitehouse was right, cartoons started to teach babies and young children about gratuitous violence.

Video games and now computer games are more violent and more life like in their detail.

Virtual reality etc.

The soaps on TV provide a daily dose of violence at both a domestic and street level.

Not only Thailand but world wide.

Blood and gore sells - it's all about the money - always the money, so sad.

• Like 1

Transfer excess BIB from Ko Tao. They have the experience to handle this type of situation.

Might as well--- Koh Tao is almost case closed anyway------------ my oh my,we are wrapping them up now------ bring it on you tourists

Yep. Thailand`s finest in RTP Region 8 maybe less busy on KT now foreign press mostly gone. Mind you they have been occupied with the burning issue of sunbeds in Phuket. Seem to have got their duck-chairs in a row on that one. No social media to `confuse` the investigators maybe?

Post regime change, changes were made to the RTP command structure (source link below). A new Police Commissioner General was appointed on Aug 20th.

"As a Prime Minister,..GP......is also the supreme commander, ......, ,of the Police Department."

"Police reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police."

Quotes are from Pol Gen Vasit Dejkunchorn who is very much the opposite of a red! Hope the link below works, not v good at that stuff. If not, just go to www.thaitribune.com/en and look for "The Merit System and the Appointment of Government Officer"

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

“in the hope of restoring the [island’s] tourism image!

Thailand's tourism image has been damaged by all the attacks and so called suicides throughout Thailand...Thailand is not a safe place to visit...relative to other tourist destinations in the region...

A tourists must be constantly aware of his surroundings...asking themselves...am I safe here?

It's a daily occurrence in most European countries and the perps are vigilantes who control "the religion of peace" - no go areas.

I'm glad I'm old and I feel sorry for the grandkids who will have to endure this continual down slide.

Maybe Mary Whitehouse was right, cartoons started to teach babies and young children about gratuitous violence.

Video games and now computer games are more violent and more life like in their detail.

Virtual reality etc.

The soaps on TV provide a daily dose of violence at both a domestic and street level.

Which religion of peace? Judaism, Christianity or Islam?

I do agree the violence is much worse now in my own country compared to when I was growing up; however, it is not evenly spread through all demographics and the majority of the country is quite safe. (The US). In those areas that do experience more violent crime, much of it is amongst young gangbangers and not against tourists.

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

Wow.... I've seen a lot of people here inspired by medieval punishments, but now we're looking back to the punishments of the ancient Roman legions for inspiration. Impressive. I guess Islamic State is not the aberration I thought it was...

I was in the army . and if someone did wrong the whole peleton got punishment , and I am 47 years of age , not 2000 + .

have to tell ya , it worked pretty well a few decades ago . We didn't get whipped , but for sure the punishment we got was no laughs either . In the army it worked .

In regular civillian live I don't know ,

Has nothing to do with islamic states , some people just need guides in there live's

• Like 1

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

Wow.... I've seen a lot of people here inspired by medieval punishments, but now we're looking back to the punishments of the ancient Roman legions for inspiration. Impressive. I guess Islamic State is not the aberration I thought it was...

I was in the army . and if someone did wrong the whole peleton got punishment , and I am 47 years of age , not 2000 + .

have to tell ya , it worked pretty well a few decades ago . We didn't get whipped , but for sure the punishment we got was no laughs either . In the army it worked .

In regular civillian live I don't know ,

Has nothing to do with islamic states , some people just need guides in there live's

and a dictionary.

I have never read anything that has said Thailand forces tourists to come to Thailand. Buyer beware.

So you mean that only people forced to come to Thailand can comment or complain about monkey?

The fact that you dont read enough is not a starting point to make the above assuption.

What monkey ? and what is an assuption ? oh ! it's red underlined, i will look it up, there we are, assumption.

We thought you were the competition. We are not very friendly, warm, and kind to the competition. We might be deprived of a few hundred baht, and that seems to us, to be a good reason to beat your brains out. We had a great upbringing, and our mothers taught us to value life, and to have alot of kindness, affection, and respect for other human beings. So, that is why we beat you until you were nearly dead.

What kind of vermin are we dealing with here? I just cannot comprehend what makes men treat another man this way. Why such disregard for another mans well being? Where does this mentality come from? How self absorbed and devoid of common sense, logic, reason, and heart do you have to be to beat a total stranger with a tire iron, over a perceived loss of a few baht? Their consciousness is approaching that of a reptile. And my apologies to the crocodiles for the analogy.

And my second point is, why is there an ax to grind, when these punks do not want to take the time and effort to learn Mandarin? Or Russian? How do you expect to be a tour guide to Chinese people, when you do not know how to communicate with them? Nor even care to learn? Lazy hostility is about all they seem capable of. I am not saying this guy was acting as a tour guide, as we do not have enough information yet, to make that conclusion. But, even if he was, how was an act like this justified?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Burma, Malaysia, all have lovely beaches without the tarnished image of Thailand. If one doesn't require beaches you have Laos which is inhabited by truly charming people. I think with these choices being available foreigners will be avoiding Thailand in droves. And, why not? The media and parents, consulates, etc., by now have warned them of the dangers they face in taking the risk of visiting 'The Land of Smiles'. Taking into consideration the extent of tossed trash one encounters everywhere I see no reason why an intelligent traveler will choose Thailand any longer. With corruption being rampant throughout, what

chance does TOT, etc., have in convincing potential tourists they still should take the risk of a visit? I'm

imagining it is likely even some Thais are relocating. Less than severe punishment in many criminal cases, ----, sorry, I can't go on!

• Like 1

Four on one.

Premeditated.

Random.

Unprovoked.

Beat and kick with full intent to maim and kill.

500 baht fine then. After all, you are wrong about it being unprovoked. Chinese have been acting illegally as tour guides and so clearly this guy should pay for the crimes of his countrymen.

But can the police catch them? They only have a photo, video, names and the fact that'd they are well known in tour guide circles, to work from. So it won't be easy.

• Like 1

Virtual reality etc.

Without trying to sound too pessimistic, I tend to agree with you on most of your points here. I am very, very worried about todays youth. And not just in Thailand. Same thing in the US. Much less respect, and much less value they put on a human life. Contemporary entertainment, and popular culture cannot help. If I grew up watching goombas like Donald Trump, and Milie Cyrus, and Justin Beiber, I would probably have turned out to be demented and violent too. Not to mention Hollywood and Thailands penchant for extreme violence, without really showing the true consequences of that violence. Where is all this leading us to? Where will this world be when the current generation is leading us down the path? Not sure I want the answer to that question. Kind of a scary scenario.

• Like 2

Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Burma, Malaysia, all have lovely beaches without the tarnished image of Thailand. If one doesn't require beaches you have Laos which is inhabited by truly charming people. I think with these choices being available foreigners will be avoiding Thailand in droves. And, why not? The media and parents, consulates, etc., by now have warned them of the dangers they face in taking the risk of visiting 'The Land of Smiles'. Taking into consideration the extent of tossed trash one encounters everywhere I see no reason why an intelligent traveler will choose Thailand any longer. With corruption being rampant throughout, what

chance does TOT, etc., have in convincing potential tourists they still should take the risk of a visit? I'm

imagining it is likely even some Thais are relocating. Less than severe punishment in many criminal cases, ----, sorry, I can't go on!

Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, are all corrupt and violent as well, can't say anything about the rest but since it's Asia they won't be clean little angels

• Like 2