Don't miss last total lunar eclipse on October 8 across Thailand

webfact

Don't miss last total lunar eclipse on October 8

pr20140930-1-03-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand ( NARIT) has invited Thai people to watch the last total lunar eclipse of this year on October 8, saying the next such eclipse will be in April next year.

The NARIT said the eclipse will develop between 15:15 pm to 20:33 pm and the period of total eclipse will last from 17:25 pm – 18:24 pm.

The total lunar eclipse will be visible across Thailand.

Live broadcasts will be held at Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima, and Chacheongsao.

In addition, observers can see the eclipse on the website if the institute.

It said after this eclipse, the next total lunar eclipse is forecast for April 4, 2015.

(Photo : narit.or.th)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dont-miss-last-total-lunar-eclipse-october-8/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-01

• Like 1

I've never seen the appeal of a lunar eclipse - looks just like an accelerated version of what we normally see in a lunar month - the full moon, crescent moon, new moon cycle.

A solar eclipse is a different thing - seen plenty of partial ones and n 2012 I travelled to Cairns Australia from Sydney to see a total one, this being on my bucket list.

The weather was cloudy on the morning of the eclipse, at the Esplanade where I was standing. It got dark, and then light again, but the eclipse itself was obscured by a cloud. Other than that, it was a nice few days in Cairns, but a total eclipse remains on my bucket list.

I've never seen the appeal of a lunar eclipse - looks just like an accelerated version of what we normally see in a lunar month - the full moon, crescent moon, new moon cycle.

A solar eclipse is a different thing - seen plenty of partial ones and n 2012 I travelled to Cairns Australia from Sydney to see a total one, this being on my bucket list.

The weather was cloudy on the morning of the eclipse, at the Esplanade where I was standing. It got dark, and then light again, but the eclipse itself was obscured by a cloud. Other than that, it was a nice few days in Cairns, but a total eclipse remains on my bucket list.

My personal experiences of Cairns:

mozzies the size of a wasp;

salties - do not come near water edge;

fat old ladies holidaying with their kids everywhere.

Maybe I went to a wrong Cairns.

I was actually in Thailand for the last half of 2012, and flew back to my home in Cairns especially to view this eclipse. It is rare to be living in a small city and have a total solar eclipse pass over where you live.

My house was at Clifton Beach at the time, and I had a short 5 minute drive to the beach to see the eclipse. Although there were some clouds about, they partarted for the duration of totality.

An awesome experience.

My personal experiences of Cairns:

mozzies the size of a wasp;

salties - do not come near water edge;

fat old ladies holidaying with their kids everywhere.

Maybe I went to a wrong Cairns.

That's the effect the top end of Oz has on people - you love it or you hate it wink.png