Food court tables

SoiBiker

Of course I arrive when it's busy. It's lunchtime.

When do you eat your lunch?

youre unable to vary your schedule?

I like to eat my lunch at lunchtime.

I'm old-school like that.

my mother called "cutting off your nose to spite your face". you KNOW you will have difficulties finding a seat and perhaps have to eat a cold lunch but you will not change your schedule to prevent that from happening. that isnt "old school" it's perverse

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankfully, I have the umbrella. Problem solved.

obviously not!

"I'm sick of walking around like an idiot with my soup going cold because some old farang can't figure out the way food courts work."

Once in a while there's a aging farang spanner in the works, yes. Sadly, there's not much you can do about them.

obviously not!

"I'm sick of walking around like an idiot with my soup going cold because some old farang can't figure out the way food courts work."

Once in a while there's a aging farang spanner in the works, yes. Sadly, there's not much you can do about them.

you claim youre sick of it an yet you refuse to do what is necessary to eliminate the thing that makes you sick of it. thats what's sad.

• Like 1

obviously not!

you claim youre sick of it an yet you refuse to do what is necessary to eliminate the thing that makes you sick of it. thats what's sad.

You want me to eat my lunch at a time other than lunchtime every day in order to avoid a very occasional minor inconvenience?

That might make sense in your world, I guess.

You want me to eat my lunch at a time other than lunchtime every day in order to avoid a very occasional minor inconvenience?

That might make sense in your world, I guess.

a minor inconvenience makes you sick? wow! have you considered therapy? and eating in a foodcourt everyday? thats even sadder!

Well, not every day, no. Two or three times a week max, I'd say.

then why did you say youd have to alter your schedule everyday? lol. and why did you say a minor inconvenience affected you so deeply? surely the OP wasnt an exaggeration to get something going??

Because I didn't realise someone was going to pedantically analyse every single word I posted.

well perhaps you should be more accurate and a tad less dramatic in your OP's if you want to be taken seriously. Exaggeration for the sake of a controversy degrades your legitimacy as a serious poster.

Like I said, I can be quite stroppy when I'm hungry.

I'm feeling much calmer about the situation now. Partly because I'm not as hungry, but mostly because it was the best part of two weeks ago.

As for whether this 'degrades my legitimacy as a serious poster' - thanks, that phrase gave me quite a chuckle.

Like I said, I can be quite stroppy when I'm hungry.

I'm feeling much calmer about the situation now. Partly because I'm not as hungry, but mostly because it was the best part of two weeks ago.

As for whether this 'degrades my legitimacy as a serious poster' - thanks, that phrase gave me quite a chuckle.

you deserve a chuckle, I've been having one since you first began your whinge on the subject.

I read the OP a week ago.

I can't believe this got to 12 pages ... facepalm.gif

Can't be stuffed to read the other 11 1/2 pages ... anyone care to summarize the 'He Said' 'She Said' bit for me?

Thanks

you can't be bothered to read the thread but you ask someone else to take their time to summarize it for you? lol

Can't anyone tell me what a 2000 baht a month file spit in Naklua has to with this thread? I'd imagine a seat at a food court would be budget busting for a 6000 baht a month scratcher.

Maybe he sits down on tables with half eaten food. Oh the joy of it all!

• Like 1

In all my years of living in Bkk I have perhaps witnessed this ant social behavior of "reserving" a table perhaps only 3 or 4 times. My Thai wife has remarked that this is NOT a Thai custom, it is the act of a few self centered people. You claim it is ok because it is the Thai way of doing things. So would you also piss in a public place when you feel the need because you've seen a few Thai's do it? How about parking in front of someone's driveway when it suites you, is that ok with you? You are wrong my friend and this might come as a bit of a shock but are NOT the centre of the universe.

• Like 2

A 'Thai Custom'?

You think I thought they did it in the ancient food courts of Sukhothai or something?

you seem to be very forgetful today!!

"Sound familiar? If it does, try paying attention to the way things are done here. I'm sick of walking around like an idiot with my soup going cold because some old farang can't figure out the way food courts work."